Hey, had my priv for a while now; never had any problems with it. Never ran hot, crashed or was buggy. Got marshmallow in the first week - everything was peachy.

It's an unlocked phone I bought online in Germany, however I'm currently in Australia on holiday and am using an Australian sim.

Anyway, the other day the phone said there was a system update, so I installed it, seemed fine. So yesterday night I was out to dinner and turned on my hot spot (I've been using the hotspot feature a lot because I'm on holiday and people need wifi, I have the most data) the phone just crashes! First time this has happened. It auto restarts seems fine. I move on with things.
    So today I want to connect to a wifi network, my wifi is off. Odd, I think. Go to turn it on but the button is grayed out and it's just continuesly trying to turn on wifi. Even more odd I think, restart the phone, still no wifi. Then a crash. And from what I can tell its in a short of crash loop. For lack of a better description.
    It keeps wanting me to enter my pin at startup then loads then goes back to the pin entering screen. I usually only enter the pin once to start up. I then went to turn it off from the pin screen and saw a bug report option, thought I'd do that. But now my phone is making a sound every few seconds. Sounds a bit like a wood chopping sound or hitting a tennis ball... Again I don't know how to best discribe it.
    I wrote this as I was troubleshooting the issue so if it's a bit all over the place that's why. To sum up, the phone seems very unstable and the wifi is stuck in off.
    Thanks for your help,
    Julius
    07-08-16 10:50 PM
    Hey, had my priv for a while now; never had any problems with it. Never ran hot, crashed or was buggy. Got marshmallow in the first week - everything was peachy.

It's an unlocked phone I bought online in Germany, however I'm currently in Australia on holiday and am using an Australian sim.

Anyway, the other day the phone said there was a system update, so I installed it, seemed fine. So yesterday night I was out to dinner and turned on my hot spot (I've been using the hotspot feature a lot because I'm on holiday and people need wifi, I have the most data) the phone just crashes! First time this has happened. It auto restarts seems fine. I move on with things.
    So today I want to connect to a wifi network, my wifi is off. Odd, I think. Go to turn it on but the button is grayed out and it's just continuesly trying to turn on wifi. Even more odd I think, restart the phone, still no wifi. Then a crash. And from what I can tell its in a short of crash loop. For lack of a better description.
    It keeps wanting me to enter my pin at startup then loads then goes back to the pin entering screen. I usually only enter the pin once to start up. I then went to turn it off from the pin screen and saw a bug report option, thought I'd do that. But now my phone is making a sound every few seconds. Sounds a bit like a wood chopping sound or hitting a tennis ball... Again I don't know how to best discribe it.
    I wrote this as I was troubleshooting the issue so if it's a bit all over the place that's why. To sum up, the phone seems very unstable and the wifi is stuck in off.
    Thanks for your help,
    Julius

After the last update mine was working again for a few weeks but now I am back with the same issues blackberry doesn't seem to know a resolution and T-Mobile is clueless as always. I really need my Hotspot for college so it's almost a necessity at this point. If there is a solution out there please help.
    09-08-16 12:22 PM