... Well, it will cost 580�, but only if you want to be ripped of by Carphone

To sum it up, Carphone Warehouse rips people off... let's have a look at their prices

Galaxy S6 Edge (the Small one):
    32GB - 529� - You don't want this one because unlike the priv, you don't have SD-card Slot
    64GB - 599� - Already more expensive than the priv, and funny that the S6 (non-edge) costs the same even if it should be a lot cheaper...
    128GB - 789� - Ouch!!!

Now what you can get on Ebay.co.uk including shipping (only from stores with normal warranty):
    32GB - 417�
    64GB - 460�
    128GB - 570� - more than 200� LESS than Carphone... Ouch!!

But then you say... yeah, but the S6 Edge is not a bit old, prices drop, etc, etc...
    I say... damn, you're right... oh wait... Lets see the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (the big one) that wen't on sale aprox. 1 month ago.

So... Galaxy S6 Edge Plus on Carphone:
    32GB - 579� - Oh dear, same as the Priv and no Sd-card slot
    64GB - 649� - that's expensive
    128GB - they don't sell, I guess the computers won't allow them to list prices over 1000� do they didn't bother...

Ebay.co.Uk (again, only stores):
    32GB - 475� - 104� LESS than Carphone!
    64GB - 700� - This one is actually more expensive, there are only a few on sale.

So ladys and gentleman, look around, you don't have to overpay for the Priv! Have a look because I'm sure there will be a TON of cheaper places to buy.
    anon(9186565) likes this.
    10-16-15 03:47 PM
    Especially after the frenzy dies down

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-16-15 03:52 PM
    Essentially this price is more expensive than the iPhone. It is completely ridiculous for who ever has priced this phone to do so. Realistically BlackBerry would sell 5 million priv at the price of 600 easily

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 04:11 PM
    600 Canadian I mean to say

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 04:11 PM
    This price to me smells like its CarPhone throwing prices at the wall and see if it sticks..
    10-16-15 04:49 PM
    This price to me smells like its CarPhone throwing prices at the wall and see if it sticks..
    Here's my wishful, pull stuff out of my behind, uneducated guess.

Not really Carphone Warehouse but rather BlackBerry themselves. The 579 GBP price was not released anywhere on the Carphone Warehouse website, at least I couldn't find it. That price was only listed by the original site that first posted the article about CPW's pre-order, which was Pocket-Lint. They put this full price out to just one outlet and let it spread and have us all discussing. Essentially they are testing the waters to see how much the market would really pay and see people's reactions. It is a perfectly legit business tactic to price it as high as the market can bear, then gradually decreasing it.

The only anti-thesis to this is that price have been widely discussed around on various forums extensively already, so there's technically no need to do this.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10-16-15 at 07:55 PM.
    anon4226395 and anon(9353145) like this.
    10-16-15 05:26 PM
    Here's my wishful, pull stuff out of my behind, uneducated guess.

Not really Carphone Warehouse but rather BlackBerry themselves. The 579 GBP price was not released anywhere on the Carphone Warehouse website, at least I couldn't find it. That price was only listed by the original site that first posted the article about CPW's pre-order, which was Pocket-Lint. They put this full price out to just one outlet and let it spread and have us all discussing. Essentially they are testing the waters to see how much the market would really pay and see people's reactions. It is a perfectly legit business tactic to price it as high as the market can bear, then gradually decreasing it.

The only anti-thesis to this is that price have been widely discussed around on various forums.
    Sounds plausible enough for me..
    10-16-15 05:43 PM
    Especially after the frenzy dies down

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    maybe it's just a pre-order thing
    10-17-15 07:36 AM
    I asked the price to buy it unlocked from Carphone Warehouse and they offered me �579.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 07:54 AM
    But it does cost that much....the only place to order right now I think as well

-capture.png
    10-17-15 07:55 AM
    I wonder if I was the first to order lol. I called yesterday and the sales rep called me back as my upgrade was due to day.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 07:58 AM
    But it does cost that much....the only place to order right now I think as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1295 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	376180
    It's not order, it's "pre-order". I would expect a lot of other stores to have it available when it launches in November
    10-17-15 08:11 AM
    It's not order, it's "pre-order". I would expect a lot of other stores to have it available when it launches in November
    They are claiming "exclusive"
    10-17-15 08:18 AM
    One other thing is that carries may not have it yet, as someone on the forum already mentioned the phones that are usually announced first at CPW are the ones that carries didn't want, so if this has any grain of truth than I'm not surprised by the price tag, when other retailers or carries get it and the price sim free is lower than you can be sure that all who are selling the priv will drop the price.
    In my country there is little difference from one carrier to another when it comes to price, the big difference is that only 1 carrier offers phones unlocked, no matter if they are sim free or on contract while all others are locking the phone on contract.
    We need to wait 1-2 weeks when the price will be announced in NA.....
    10-17-15 08:19 AM
    They are claiming "exclusive"
    So perhaps Carphone Warehouse have an exclusive a few weeks (or so) ahead of everyone? And hence are jacking up the price temporarily? Hope so. I'm having a hard time believing that they're going to price the Priv north of iPhone / Samsung latest models. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm sure it costs BlackBerry more to build the Priv (lower scale, more hardware parts like touch capacitive pkb, etc.) but it has to be priced appropriately in the market regardless.
    10-17-15 02:44 PM
    If all the other stores start at 579.99, i might have to cry.
    10-17-15 03:33 PM
    Go on carphonewarehouse website and type in priv by blackberry and it shows up as �579 for the phone on its own!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 03:53 PM
    I'm having a hard time believing that they're going to price the Priv north of iPhone / Samsung latest models. It just doesn't make any sense.
    Ah, you're new to BB's pricing "strategies", then?
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    10-17-15 04:31 PM
    Since Carphone Warehouse are the only ones doing pre-orders, surely BlackBerry gave them a 'recommended' price to sell it for, no?
    Albeit, I think the price is a little steep. Why? I think BlackBerry need the consumer market. With that, why not make the device price comparable\lower than current models\spec devices...
    10-17-15 05:28 PM
    Passport is still �44 a month with Vodafone. The Priv comes with upfront costs. All I can suggest is speak to a person if you can talk down.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 05:58 PM
    Guys, let's wait amazon.com (usa) to have it...
    Compare the prices with shipping. And buy it from there

Especially if some sort black friday price special will happen.

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    10-17-15 05:59 PM
    ...and I want it direct from either Amazon or BlackBerry (in that order), to thus have it globally unlocked
    10-17-15 07:01 PM
    ... Well, it will cost 580�, but only if you want to be ripped of by Carphone
    To sum it up, Carphone Warehouse rips people off... let's have a look at their prices

GBP 579.99 is inclusive of VAT (20%) imposed in the U.K., I suppose.

GBP 483.33 (equivalent to USD 750) appears to be the price NET of such VAT.

----------

Carphone Warehouse website terms and conditions for use. - Carphone Warehouse Help and Support

8. Orders

8.1 All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the Goods You have ordered is not available from stock You will be contacted by e-mail or phone (if you have given Us details) and You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock, receive a substitute of equivalent price or to cancel Your order. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information. However, We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice to You.

----------

Shop BlackBerry - U.K. TERMS OF SALE AND CONSUMER INFORMATION

PRICE AND TERMS OF PAYMENT

4.4 Unless otherwise specified, prices indicated are

4.4.1 Exclusive of the costs of shipping or carriage to the agreed place of delivery within the Territories (charges for delivery are stated on the Site); and

4.4.2 Exclusive of VAT and any other tax or duty which (where applicable) must be added to the price payable;
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-21-15 at 10:01 AM.
    10-21-15 08:31 AM