Just curious and not trying to be politically incorrect or nasty.

Just got an email from BB that the PRIV is here now. So I click on it and watch the black and white video and hear a woman's voice talking about "my thoughts".

Who are they marketing this phone for? Woman are important, but couldn't they have been less Vanity Fair in trying to promote the darn phone.

Here's the link. I'm sure some will like this. It's not bad, but I think that they could have done more worthy. My 2 little pennies.

PRIV - New BlackBerry Android Secure Smartphone - United Kingdom
    11-06-15 01:24 PM
    It actually is quite politically incorrect, among other things. And the fact that you state, "not trying to be politically incorrect", shows that you understand that it is but posted it anyway.

I get that you're bothered by their marketing because it's relatively bad in general, but of all the perspectives to take on it... this never even crossed my mind, let alone became a legitimate thought in my head. I read your post title and uncontrollably rolled my eyes before clicking it to see what mess I was about to read.

In the words of Canada's new Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau when asked why it was important to him that half his cabinet be made up of women, "Because it's 2015.".
    11-06-15 01:42 PM
    Ok appreciate your perspective.

Just wishing BB all the success. Again, imho, they need to come up with something different, but maybe they have.
    11-06-15 01:55 PM
    It actually is quite politically incorrect, among other things. And the fact that you state, "not trying to be politically incorrect", shows that you understand that it is but posted it anyway.

I get that you're bothered by their marketing because it's relatively bad in general, but of all the perspectives to take on it... this never even crossed my mind, let alone became a legitimate thought in my head. I read your post title and uncontrollably rolled my eyes before clicking it to see what mess I was about to read.

In the words of Canada's new Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau when asked why it was important to him that half his cabinet be made up of women, "Because it's 2015.".
    What is this kind of jabber?
    Where's your answer to her question?

Anyways, @ topic starter: if you can handle such a big unit then go for it.
    Is the Priv for women?-priv08.png
    11-06-15 02:03 PM
    I really think they are trying to push the edge... hoping to generate conversation about the PRIV and BlackBerry. Nothing can do that like offending a few people.

I just think it's false advertising... as the PRIV isn't not waterproof.
    11-06-15 02:08 PM
    I definitely see your main point and I do agree. Others have said this before as well, that video is borderline creepy. They have another video kicking around on their YouTube page showing off features of the device and software; a nice mix of that thrown into a lot less of what this video has probably would have been a much better approach. Maybe showing examples of how people should be worried about their privacy and how this device will help them mitigate them.

Sorry for coming off a bit harsh above. Your post just happened to be presented in a manner that probably would have landed you an email from HR had it been said in the work place.

Ok appreciate your perspective.

Just wishing BB all the success. Again, imho, they need to come up with something different, but maybe they have.
    11-06-15 02:10 PM
    No need to apologize. You expressed your opinion and I have mine. Plus, you were civil. Carry on.

Also I don't have to worry about the workplace and no HR for me. Plus, I wouldn't tolerate someone telling me what I can say or think.

I really am rooting for BB and looking forward to the Priv. I would like to see them succeed and get competitive. It's a tough world out there.
    WT44 and nickdollimount like this.
    11-06-15 05:27 PM