I just got a Priv for my wife, and it's the STV100-1 direct from BlackBerry so it supports wireless charging. I tried it with my qi charging pads, and while it works, I found the location of the receiver to be very low on the phone, so low that on my smaller charging pads, the phone can't balance on it and slides off. I find it strange that BlackBerry didn't locate the receiver closer to the centre of the phone like every other wireless enabled phone I've had before.

Otherwise though, great phone...
    02-13-17 01:04 PM
    You may want to look into buying a 3 coil wireless charging stand.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KX...UvbUpU12763469
    02-13-17 01:41 PM
    I just got a Priv for my wife, and it's the STV100-1 direct from BlackBerry so it supports wireless charging. I tried it with my qi charging pads, and while it works, I found the location of the receiver to be very low on the phone, so low that on my smaller charging pads, the phone can't balance on it and slides off. I find it strange that BlackBerry didn't locate the receiver closer to the centre of the phone like every other wireless enabled phone I've had before.

Otherwise though, great phone...
    Whether or not it is in a strange location - that is just the way it is. I'm tweaked some charging pads to accommodate the Priv's very off-center Qi antenna. As mentioned, the 3-coil ones tend to work better but alignment can still be critical.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-13-17 02:58 PM
    I use the Samsung Wireless charging stands. They work great.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-13-17 03:07 PM
    I use the Samsung Wireless charging stands. They work great.
    What areyes163 said.
    Just make sure it's a 3 coil, though I don't think Samsung even makes a single coil anymore
    02-13-17 08:22 PM
    I thought it was the -2 that had Wireless charging. Could be wrong though.
    02-15-17 08:43 AM
    I thought it was the -2 that had Wireless charging. Could be wrong though.
    That is the Verizon model and it does contain wireless charging. But so does the AT&T model sold in the US. And, I think, the versions ShopBB sells also contain wireless charging. But Shopbb does not sell the Verizon model.
    02-15-17 11:16 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charger-TechMatte-Charging-Enabled/dp/B017KQXO4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487202475&sr=8-1&keywords=techmatte+3+coil

This one works very well for me. I simply lay the phone on it and it starts charging, no messing around necessary. I have a Stilgut flip case on it and it charges fine with it on. This works every time. The wireless charger I had for my Passport didn't work well at all, most of the time it wouldn't charge at all, sometimes it would begin, then stop. This on was recommended by BlackBerry tech support according to another poster in another thread.
    02-15-17 05:51 PM
    Thanks everyone, I do own a number of (too many) Qi chargers, including a couple of 3-coil ones. I just found the design decision on the location of the coil a bit strange, but I'm sure the engineers had their reasons.
    As a sidenote, I think that any phone with built-in wireless charging should have a symbol on the back cover indicating the location of the coil. This would make it much easier to know where exactly to place your phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-17 08:39 PM
    I think that any phone with built-in wireless charging should have a symbol on the back cover indicating the location of the coil. This would make it much easier to know where exactly to place your phone.
    Can't have that, it makes too much sense.
    02-15-17 09:10 PM

Go to 0:38, you can see where the Qi coil is.
    02-15-17 09:28 PM

Go to 0:38, you can see where the Qi coil is.
    Thanks! So not only is it down low, it's also slightly off to one side.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-16-17 05:25 AM