I assume it's far from a best practice in terms of battery health , but I have always had a habit of using my bb10 phones until 0 percent, only then plugging them in. Then I would continue to use it while it charges. I have continued this bad habit with my priv but I have noticed that if I don't plug it in before 3 percent , charging it forces the battery to zero and the phone shuts off.

I may as well confess that I also I drive until the needle on the gas tank goes below 0. I know that the stuff on the bottom of the gas tank is bad for the engine, but I can't break the habit. Any shrinks out there? Do I need help? :/ lol
    08-29-17 08:34 AM
    Actually running it to empty is bad for Li-Ion batteries. So sounds like your battery is worn out and nothing much you can do about it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=11
    howarmat likes this.
    08-29-17 08:51 AM
    You know it will shorten the life of the battery and you keep doing it..... Not really crazy unless you expect a different result...
    08-29-17 09:03 AM
    Sounds like your battery is already worn-out and already miscalibrated. My Z10 and iPhone are doing the same until I changed their battery.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 10:47 AM
    Even when new, my Priv did exactly the same, plugin could not prevent a shutdown if below 3%.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 04:26 PM
    bb10 was (is) the ultimate workhorse OS .**sigh**
    08-29-17 06:12 PM
    bb10 was (is) the ultimate workhorse OS .**sigh**
    ***sigh***

I do miss having to reboot once or twice a week, and the hoops to get productivity apps to work.
    08-30-17 03:41 PM
    So your Priv will shut itself off if you fail to plug it in when the battery gets too low? Interesting... My computer does too, so does my Priv, so do my flashlights, so does my Passport, my Z10, my StarTac...
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    09-02-17 01:44 PM
    So your Priv will shut itself off if you fail to plug it in when the battery gets too low? Interesting... My computer does too, so does my Priv, so do my flashlights, so does my Passport, my Z10, my StarTac...
    My passport and my Q10 wouldn't shut off even at zero percent they always gave me time to plug it in! Amazing I know
    09-02-17 03:48 PM
    My passport and my Q10 wouldn't shut off even at zero percent they always gave me time to plug it in! Amazing I know
    If your battery is dead, it is dead.
    09-02-17 04:34 PM
    3% is not dead.

Actually it keeps running from 3 %until it reaches 0% (say within 2 minutes). Even when you plug in during those 2 minutes, it still will switch off.

That's just odd.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 04:32 PM