On clearance. It's already underpowered, with an older version of Android. Sure people seem very excited for a new BlackBerry. And then 2 months after release the discounts pour in because when it comes down it, BlackBerry doesn't market enough and carriers are still committed more to selling iPhone than any other device. Android devices mostly sell due to the lower price, and please don't bombard me with "this is the same price as flagship Samsung phones" because Samsung flagship phones DO have the latest processors and operating system. They deliver another weak *** phone that falls well short of the "premium device" they sell it as pre-launch

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    11-06-15 12:23 PM
    Okay then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 12:26 PM
    Well I'm switching from my s6 to the priv, ive never been big on spec's though I find the priv has good specs. The keyboard and blackberry experience on Android is more what I'm looking forward to. I don't think it will fail, there are a lot of old blackberry users who want a keyboard but also need the apps.

Writing and replying to extensive emails on the s6 has been a nightmare all on its own. I personally can't wait to switch.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-06-15 12:27 PM
    Have you used it?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 12:32 PM
    On clearance. It's already underpowered, with an older version of Android. Sure people seem very excited for a new BlackBerry. And then 2 months after release the discounts pour in because when it comes down it, BlackBerry doesn't market enough and carriers are still committed more to selling iPhone than any other device. Android devices mostly sell due to the lower price, and please don't bombard me with "this is the same price as flagship Samsung phones" because Samsung flagship phones DO have the latest processors and operating system. They deliver another weak *** phone that falls well short of the "premium device" they sell it as pre-launch

Posted via CB10
    Underpowered for what task exactly?
    11-06-15 12:34 PM
    This is another typical sour puss blackberry short trader. Bro you want the Samsung go buy the $hit, or you can sit around and wait 6 months for it to drop $100 in price and you can go buy It than.

Besides the Z10 which was a Thornston Heins screwup, they haven't liquidated any other phone. All prices come down over time. iSheeps are given away for $1 after 2 years.
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-06-15 12:36 PM
    This is a very biased post and very much opinionated..

Maybe definitely edit the OP's title to be [OPINION]..?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-06-15 12:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    I will disagree about Android devices selling lower end not at ATT maybe in other countries. The high end android devices are what they push walk into any ATT and ask what Android should i get they will walk you right over to Samsungs phones which the S6, S6plus and not 5 all are premium over 600.00 retail phones going up to 899.00 , the iPhone is also pushed but this dream that ATT reps push low end android is old 3 years ago news when everyone was competing to beat apple vs joining and making premium phones. BB already indicated that marshmallow will be a first qtr 2016 update so the phone will have the newest vs of android which by the way only two phones run nexus or the htc model everyone else is on lollypop same as the priv. and the others will not be updated until late first qtr or 2nd qtr anyway.
    11-06-15 12:49 PM
    Usually when I read a post I expect to see a point... there is none in this one... why is the OP even on this board with an additude like that.... as much as everyone is entitled to their opinion... you need to have an opinion that actually contributes something and is at least backed up by some sort of reasoning outside of "I hate Blackberry "..... As I have wasted enough of my time responding to this dribble... will not even bother starting where the OP missed the mark...
    nokia4life and Xenolock like this.
    11-06-15 12:50 PM
    Besides the Z10 which was a Thornston Heins screwup
    LOL
    11-06-15 12:51 PM
    I always remember the Samsung S4 and 5 have to "process" when taking a picture. If they busing latest parts then why have they always lagged.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:52 PM
    On clearance.
    Possible due to the complete lack of marketing that seems to be happening..however in regards to the device.

It's already underpowered
    Processor is in line with other flagships of this year.

with an older version of Android.
    Upgrade to marshmallow is already announced and from a security point of view L is well understood.

Sure people seem very excited for a new BlackBerry. And then 2 months after release the discounts pour in because when it comes down it, BlackBerry doesn't market enough and carriers are still committed more to selling iPhone than any other device
    This could be true.

Android devices mostly sell due to the lower price
    No - most android devices are aimed at low price points but this is targeted at the upper end so the price is in line with those.

please don't bombard me with "this is the same price as flagship Samsung phones" because Samsung flagship phones DO have the latest processors and operating system.
    There is no samsung device with Marshmallow currently available.
    11-06-15 12:54 PM
    They aren't trying to battle for smartphone supremacy. It will do as well as all bb10 devices combined. Plus more.

There are tons of android phones that don't have M yet. Get off your soapbox.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    11-06-15 12:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh god! Your statements only show you don't understand nothing about corporate environment, stability and scalability.

When someone releases the latest tech or operating system always shows lots of bugs and problems that have to be fixed along the way.

I understand why they went with the 808 and lollipop. It is tried and tested!

Yeah samsung and apple released products with the latest and greatest and buyers are now facing the bugs and problems.

The newest thing isn't always the best.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    11-06-15 12:57 PM
    I disagree with OP
    11-06-15 12:59 PM
    *sssshhhhh*....everybody maintain silence for 2 mins in respect to the legendary tech manic OP" :P

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-06-15 01:00 PM
    I'm amused that there are still responses to this Kind of threads.

/bored

Posted via CB10
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-06-15 01:00 PM
    I think AT&T and BlackBerry might be making a bit more of an effort with this one. I walked into an AT&T store today and there was a huge poster with the Priv on it hanging on the wall. The rep said the phone would be on display by tomorrow. It's also worth noting that unlike any other BlackBerry since the 9900, the display wasn't in the far back corner of the store.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    11-06-15 01:01 PM
    here we go again
    11-06-15 01:01 PM
    Kills me when people come on here just to moan - especially about "outdated" processors and android versions that are newer or equal to 99.8 of the other phones on the market.

These are the wine people. The ones who talk about wine, but if you put 2 glasses in their hands they can not tell the difference. Give them the same phone with 2 different processors and they would have no clue which was which. They are told which one they should want, and they is what they then think they need.

Are you buying the phone to use, or to impress your friends with it's specs and selfie pics? lol
    D3C0D3R and CarGuy1368 like this.
    11-06-15 01:03 PM
    Kills me when people come on here just to moan - especially about "outdated" processors and android versions that are newer or equal to 99.8 of the other phones on the market.

These are the wine people. The ones who talk about wine, but if you put 2 glasses in their hands they can not tell the difference. Give them the same phone with 2 different processors and they would have no clue which was which. They are told which one they should want, and they is what they then think they need.

Are you buying the phone to use, or to impress your friends with it's specs and selfie pics? lol
    [sarcasm]
    Selfie pics and specs obviously, GOD!
    *snaps selfie, captions it "so fed up with these outdated CB addicts"*
    [\sarcasm]

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-06-15 01:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Eventually the price will drop very quickly

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:10 PM
    While opinions on both sides are allowed this has flamebait all over it
    11-06-15 01:13 PM