I have had it confirmed first hand today that Optus will be carrying the Blackberry Priv in Australia. At this time I have been informed that it will ONLY be available online. My source indicated that prices and release dates are not yet know. I'll keep you all up to date when I know!

* I do not work for Optus and am not involved with Optus in any way
    01-18-16 01:05 AM
    Been hearing that for like a month now, still hasn't arrived. Not saying it won't but it's like a Verizon customer waiting only in AUS lol.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ralia-1043722/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1043423/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ralia-1053321/
    01-18-16 01:12 AM
    So true!
    Help me understand Bla1ze, is that because of Optus, Blackberry or because they both cannot reach a mutual agreement?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 01:16 AM
    So true!
    Help me understand Bla1ze, is that because of Optus, Blackberry or because they both cannot reach a mutual agreement?

Posted via CB10
    Hard to say really. There's a number of variables that could be at play.. agreements, terms, pricing.. plus there's always the plain and simple fact that a carrier just may not have any interest in selling a specific device.
    01-18-16 08:41 PM
    It has to do with key market segments Brett.

The Priv was initially launched in those markets which would produce yield. Australia is not one of BlackBerry's key markets. Consumer wise we aren't a very fruitful (pun intended) nation. If Blackberry are attempting to stock control to keep prices down and profit margins high, then countries like Australia need to provide a fairly sizable consumer turn around for decent quantities of stock to be allocated to the market. Many carriers in this country would only jump on board if they also can be guaranteed a particular profit margin from the device. When the thread in the Optus forums took off, Optus saw an opportunity to make those profit margins. The discussions between Optus and BlackBerry would now be all about availability of an allocation of stock. I am led to believe that stock has been allocated and is making it's way into Optus hands as we speak. Your information is good, but we are still awaiting Optus' response on how they are going to structure the launch.

I too don't work for Optus, but I can assure you I should have some more detailed info soon.
    01-18-16 11:34 PM
    Clancy10, here's hoping you find some info soon for all the Aussies waiting for the PRIV. Even though I bought mine outright, I do want to see this device get the chance it so deserves

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-19-16 03:21 AM
    Wowsers. Hope it comes out with telstra.

The optus network is enough to make my passport slow. I live about 1 kilometre from central station in sydney and I don't even get coverage in my own house.

Put a telstra sim in it and it flies. The in contract optus sim is in one of my staffs q10's.

No doubt will have to do the same.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 06:26 AM
    lol @ an online only launch, I guess it's an upgrade on the backdoor ordering system they had for the Passport where it was the customer showing the Optus sales rep how to order the device in store, via the 'newly devices' tab.
    01-19-16 07:43 PM
    lol @ an online only launch, I guess it's an upgrade on the backdoor ordering system they had for the Passport where it was the customer showing the Optus sales rep how to order the device in store, via the 'newly devices' tab.
    Yeah! We really ripped them a new one that day.

Well, the countdown's on....it'll happen very soon. Don't bother guessing. You'll never get it. The anticipation is almost at an end.
    01-25-16 05:41 AM
    It's crazy they still haven't set a date yet...
    Not sure if it's on worth waiting or just purchase one online now....

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 06:13 AM
    There are pros and cons for buying outright and and for going on contract. We now know Optus will be holding the PRIV, but maybe not on the shelves. We know updates will not be carrier dependant. My thoughts are on contract it will be about $80/month over two years based on similarly priced phones. We know bbstore.com.au sells unlocked for $1200. My decision for buying outright was to get the device now and have flexibility in my carrier choice and cost. I am currently on pre paid with Telstra (4g) with 6 gb of roll-over data for $40. That gives me the best coverage in the country with great data for a low cost and I can change when and if I want. Cheers

01-25-16 02:43 PM
    BlackBerry should wake up and have an online store for AU and use one of the many fulfilment companies to handle the logistics. No carrier bs, retain higher margins per sale. It's not like any of their carrier partners has done great deal in the past five years, no displays, no promo, no customer service, nothing.
    01-25-16 08:27 PM
    I purchased Mine outright. It is running great on telstra. Excellent phone reception even if the signal bars do not say full signal I have better reception then my Q10. I was really hoping telstra would stock it

01-25-16 08:44 PM
    I purchased Mine outright. It is running great on telstra. Excellent phone reception even if the signal bars do not say full signal I have better reception then my Q10. I was really hoping telstra would stock it

What is your device model variant?

STV100-3 here loaded with Optus. I have stronger WiFi scanning radius than my wife's iPhone 6 plus.

01-25-16 08:49 PM
    STV100-3 is the variant required for telco's in Australia. Telstra coverage is great and everywhere. Always strong signal, even better than my Z10 which was also on Telstra

01-25-16 09:20 PM
    I'm surprised Optus will bring the PRIV when they stopped supporting blackberry network recently http://m.smh.com.au/business/retail/...19-gm8vs9.html

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 03:02 PM
    What is your device model variant?

STV100-3 here loaded with Optus. I have stronger WiFi scanning radius than my wife's iPhone 6 plus.

Stv100-3. I have not used an iPhone 6 to compare WiFi scanning but I have found it similar to Q10 and galaxy.

01-27-16 06:31 PM
    I'm surprised Optus will bring the PRIV when they stopped supporting blackberry network recently Telstra the last telco to offer Blackberry | smh.com.au

Posted via CB10
    Its the OS thats the problem here.

BBX is a pain to support (and personally to use) and to sell as there is SFA apps out there for it...
    01-27-16 08:26 PM