My Priv was having intermittent wifi connectivity issues and now Blackberry Tech Support has confirmed it to be a hardware issue. The device is out of warranty now. Issue was reported prior to warranty expiry but it has been too long since they closed the case and they won't cover the repair without charge ($279 USD)

Since that would be the cost of a new Priv I've been trying to find somewhere to get it repaired but most of the places I've called so far aren't able to fix it. I've been told it is a chip.
    Any one have any advice on where I might be able to get that chip? Maybe online? I'll crack it open to fix if I can. or where I might get it repaired?
    Located in Ontario, Canada.
    01-08-18 04:25 PM
    There's really only 1 PCB in the entire phone, so replacing that is essentially getting a new phone. Unless you can find someone to do board level repairs, in which the hourly rate would also exceed the cost.

You're better off getting something else.
    01-08-18 06:10 PM
    At least the phone still works perfectly as a phone, just wi-fi is the issue. But yeah if you really want nothing but a slider, getting a brand new priv for cheap would be the way to go, and either keep that one for parts (even if almost perfectly ok) or sell it (mentioning the issue)
    01-10-18 12:24 AM
    Thank you to both for your thoughts The phone does still work perfectly as a phone. I've just been having a hard time letting go of it since I fell in love with it. Time to say goodbye. Was thinking might keep it until Blackberry announces what the trade in discount they will have for the Keyone but it is probably negligible
    01-10-18 03:52 PM