I was just shopping on the Verizon website and saw the Pixel and Pixel XL was listed for sale. For a two year contract, you can get the 32Gb Pixel Xl for $319 or you can get the Priv for $99. Looking at the Specs I saw that the Priv had three features that mean a lot to me. Wireless Charging, Expandable Storage and a removable battery all of which the Priv has and the Pixel does not. Not to mention the BB features that the Priv has over the Pixel.

It really shows the power of advertising. If you never heard of the two phones and just lined up the specs you would choose the Priv every time..
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    10-05-16 06:08 PM
    The Priv does not have a removable battery.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG853 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    10-05-16 06:16 PM
    What removable battery?
    10-05-16 06:16 PM
    The Priv does not have a removable battery.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG853 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    It said it did on the Verizon website... Let me check again.. That surprised me also
    10-05-16 06:18 PM
    MY BAD.. I misread the listing.... Well 2 out of 3 is still good.. LOL

Thanks for clearing that up!!
    10-05-16 06:21 PM
    Most of the BlackBerry stuff is on the Priv, yes, but it can't claim rapid updates if it's on Verizon. Compare Lollipop to Nougat 7.1.
    10-05-16 06:22 PM
    I wouldn't touch the pixel phones with a 10 foot pool. iPhone wannabes!

At least with the Nexus line, I knew whomever Google picked as the manufacture was putting their best foot forward. Google themselves just jammed a bunch of specs into an iPhone looking shell. LG V20, now thats a slick looking phone.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    10-06-16 02:17 AM
    Don't forget, the Pixel doesn't even have a microSD card slot. Personally, that's unacceptable. Why bother paying extra when you can slap a hundred dollar 128mb micro sd card in?

The only thing i'd be apprehensive about would be Verizon's lack of software support for the Priv.
    RobertP1 and DiegoV_G like this.
    10-06-16 08:10 AM

At least with the Nexus line, I knew whomever Google picked as the manufacture was putting their best foot forward. Google themselves just jammed a bunch of specs into an iPhone looking shell. LG V20, now thats a slick looking phone.

That would be HTC that built the Pixel phones
    10-06-16 08:18 AM

U mean the pixel phones r not made by htc ?? I thought it was rebranding from nexus to pixel. They were referred to as sailfish & Marlin, right.
    10-06-16 08:25 AM
    Pixel. Hands down. Especially on Verizon

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 09:12 AM
    U mean the pixel phones r not made by htc ?? I thought it was rebranding from nexus to pixel. They were referred to as sailfish & Marlin, right.
    Nexus devices had hardware design by whichever OEM, while Pixel devices are designed wholly by Google. All HTC does is follow Google's instruction manual and build the phone.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-06-16 11:02 AM
    Pixel. Hands down. Especially on Verizon

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Why especially on Verizon?
    10-06-16 11:22 AM
    Why especially on Verizon?
    Because Verizon ignores BlackBerry updates.
    clou83, RobertP1 and Coachbulldog like this.
    10-06-16 11:26 AM
    some of these phones are really getting expensive. priv is lower price , lesser specs, blackberry hub , keyboard and SD card. pixel is newer specs, better camera and higher price.
    10-06-16 01:44 PM
    I wud hav gone priv. Y pay so much for pixel if u get all the bb goodies on priv & all the Android apps.
    10-06-16 02:34 PM
    I think the market moved on some time ago, if you don't want to be tethered to a two year contract $700 phones are crazy, whether from Blackberry or Google, better stick to a cheap $200 phone. At least with these two you might possibly get two or three years of updates, with other "flagships" you don't even get that. I think Google is taking its eye off the ball.
    10-06-16 03:07 PM
    Because Verizon ignores BlackBerry updates.
    And maybe Google updates? Not on Verizon, but came across a few articles that noted Verizon isn't the best when it comes to updating. And the bootloader is locked so forget about rooting the Verizon version of the Pixel / Pixel XL.

You won't be able to unlock the Verizon Pixel's bootloader

Some important things to know about Google's Pixel phone and Verizon | Computerworld

2 Reasons To Buy the Pixel on Verizon & 3 Reasons Not To

Verizon's Google Pixel model may not get fast Android updates - Business Insider

And yeah, other than the camera and unlimited photo backup, everything else about the Pixel screams, 'meh;, imho.

EDIT NOTE: I'm not recommending Priv on Verizon either given the completely abysmal state of updates from the carrier. Too bad BlackBerry didn't offer the CDMA version on ShopBB.
    FF22 and newcollector like this.
    10-06-16 05:31 PM
    Yeah, what leads you to believe you'll ever see an update to the Pixel if you buy the Verizon one? :-)
    eshropshire and FF22 like this.
    10-06-16 06:31 PM
    Don't forget, the Pixel doesn't even have a microSD card slot. Personally, that's unacceptable. Why bother paying extra when you can slap a hundred dollar 128mb micro sd card in?

The only thing i'd be apprehensive about would be Verizon's lack of software support for the Priv.
    To me it is unacceptable on a 32 GB phone. Google does not like you to store anything on your phone, they really want you to keep everything in the cloud. Great if you have a UDP or always on Wifi or if you don't travel. I spend too much time on planes and in international locations to keep my media in the cloud. I am a big fan of expandable memory. The new ASUS phone has a 256 gb option and expandable memory. This may be my next phone.
    okyoureabeast likes this.
    10-06-16 06:57 PM
    To me it is unacceptable on a 32 GB phone. Google does not like you to store anything on your phone, they really want you to keep everything in the cloud. Great if you have a UDP or always on Wifi or if you don't travel. I spend too much time on planes and in international locations to keep my media in the cloud. I am a big fan of expandable memory. The new ASUS phone has a 256 gb option and expandable memory. This may be my next phone.
    I love Asus computers for the desktop and laptop. Great builds, never had a problem. I buy them for my family when they need upgrades.
    10-06-16 07:57 PM

Totally agree, microSD is a must have for me

Posted via Passport SE
    RobertP1 and newcollector like this.
    10-06-16 09:18 PM
    I wouldn't touch the pixel phones with a 10 foot pool.
    That's a mighty small pool.
    cgk, RobertP1 and tavisdunn like this.
    10-07-16 12:17 AM
    Google Pixel claims 2 years of OS updates and 3 years of security updates. No such stated limitation and/or guarantee on BlackBerry Android, as far as I know. Would be nice if BlackBerry came out and at least equalled that commitment.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    10-07-16 12:21 AM
    Google Pixel claims 2 years of OS updates and 3 years of security updates. No such stated limitation and/or guarantee on BlackBerry Android, as far as I know. Would be nice if BlackBerry came out and at least equalled that commitment.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    Yeah at this point... I think a "guarantee" of continued support of Android would be necessary.
    10-07-16 07:08 AM
51 123