I wrote about this a while back. I'm no longer an overall fan of the physical keyboard. To be honest, I rarely use my BlackBerry Passport.
    With that, in anticipation of Android being released on BlackBerry, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, back on 25th Aug.

As it goes, I'm rather used to Android now. But, since I'm not too fond of the physical keyboard (I probably would never use it), I can't see myself rushing to buy this device.

The screen is curved; I can't stand that on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. So, I'm certainly not looking forward to it on the BlackBerry Priv, running Android. However, 18MP camera; that is rather impressive.

The question I keep asking myself, why would I trade in\give up my Note 5, for a Priv? Yep, something I need to answer for myself...
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    09-25-15 06:10 PM
    I wrote about this a while back. I'm no longer an overall fan of the physical keyboard. To be honest, I rarely use my BlackBerry Passport.
    With that, in anticipation of Android being released on BlackBerry, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, back on 25th Aug.

As it goes, I'm rather used to Android now. But, since I'm not too fond of the physical keyboard (I probably would never use it), I can't see myself rushing to buy this device.

The screen is curved; I can't stand that on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. So, I'm certainly not looking forward to it on the BlackBerry Priv, running Android. However, 18MP camera; that is rather impressive.

The question I keep asking myself, why would I trade in\give up my Note 5, for a Priv? Yep, something I need to answer for myself...
    I'll give it a go, ha. Well, presumably BlackBerry will incorporate the swipe up on letter predictions to their own version of the VKB. You'll also get The Hub, which incorporates all of your messaging in one place. And even if you don't like a PKB for tapping out messages, it doubles as a touch capactive trackpad so you can keep your screen grease free, and never worry about accidental link clicks in the browser. Oh, and assuming they incorporate keyboard actions and shortcuts, you can whiz through emails like a champ, and jump from Top to Bottom in the browser with a simple keypress.

Other than that I got nothin'...
    ayngling and anon(153966) like this.
    09-25-15 06:20 PM
    My opinion would be to keep the Note 5. I've been a Note user and feel that Samsung has a great device with it. Of course I preferred having expandable storage, but the new Note just seems really nice. One thing I would consider, and it really is nitpicking, is if the Slider has an LCD display that has good contrast and color, I'd probably choose that. The thing is, I love Samsung's screens. But every AMOLED screen I've seen recently on display (Nexus 5, Moto X 2014, Note 4/5, Galaxy S5/S6/S6 Edge) have all had ghosting. While I personally have not had a phone with it until a few weeks ago when I noticed a bit of ghosting on my Moto X 2013 (almost 3 years old now), I'd hate going through that with a new device. I know it is nitpicking because the display units are on all the time, but it does make me think twice about buying AMOLED. I guess seeing those Nexus 5 videos on Youtube got to me.
    But, yeah, I'd say keep the Note!
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-25-15 06:31 PM

I think the biggest drawback of the note 5 is the lack of expandable storage. The PRIV at least has that to its advantage. This may or may not be a deal breaker. Some people are content with 32 gigs of storage. I like throwing music and movies on my 128 gig SD card so that's nice.

Also, I'm curious to see how well Android will run on Blackberry compared to the note 5 and TouchWiz.

Honestly, I feel that you can probably type as fast if not faster on a onscreen key board but there's something about using a physical keyboard. I think its how consistent you are when using it. The fact that I'm typing this from my note 4 and making numerous typos.. Sure the auto correct is fixing most of these mistakes but I find myself having to go back to correct whatever swift key didn't catch.

Anyway, I try to be fair so, i think the fact that the note 5 has the fingerprint reader along with the stylus is just plain awesome.

Bummer that both phones are lacking a removable battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-26-15 12:17 AM