I prefer the Priv over the Nexus 6P, not just for looks but the Nexus is geared more towards the pure Google experience, versus the Blackberry which had the Hub, Security and probably a few other goodies.
    This will all be available as a separate app purchase.... Blackberry Suite.
    10-03-15 10:04 PM
    All of this ^ very much accurate...

Sadly, the majority of people roaming around out there in the wild have absolutely no problem doing just that if they think it means they can exchange their nakies across the app universe with greater, more in depth clarity and at a faster rate...

Posted via CB10
    You must get your info from the kind of people who live in the woods with a fall out shelter. There is a thing called facts. They are true. What you have written it called FUD. The finger print scanner on both nexus devices are locked to the device. They don't actually take a finger print. No one is getting your finger prints. You should put more tin foil on your head so aliens can't read your thoughts.
    1magine likes this.
    10-04-15 12:07 AM
    Lol

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2789
    I think it's beautiful. People who actually touched it says the opposite.
    10-04-15 12:08 AM
    the Lumia 950 XL is on the list too.
    +1 on this for sure.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    10-04-15 12:12 AM
    All of this ^ very much accurate...
    Sadly, the majority of people roaming around out there in the wild have absolutely no problem doing just that if they think it means they can exchange their nakies across the app universe with greater, more in depth clarity and at a faster rate...

Posted via CB10
    No this is FUD. Sadly anyone who believes this any more than any other device on the market you should get help. The truth is out there.
    10-04-15 12:13 AM
    Seriously? How much truth is there to this...

Posted via CB10
    Total BS but it's a forum. FUD is common. FUD = fear, uncertainty, doubt.
    10-04-15 12:16 AM
    Is an advantage of a Nexus device (not only over the Priv but over any device, including Moto X Pure) that you will get OS updates (like to Marshmallow) faster for Nexus devices?

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    Yes. Updates come out direct from Google just like apple. They also are doing monthly security updates now. Those who say the 6p is ugly must not have seen the images from the Google announcement. They must be looking at early renders. Look at the store. Store.Google.com
    10-04-15 12:23 AM
    S6 Edge vs Priv, both hott phones

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 12:48 AM
    For me it's:

1. Priv - form factor uniqueness and promising specs. Never had a slider before!
    2. Xperia Z5 - great camera fast auto focus, visually very minimalistic and attractive, fingerprint scanner position is great
    3. Nexus 6P - 100% stock android experience, good camera and build, AMOLED
    4. Nexus 5X - again like 6P but cheaper
    5. Lumia 950 - this is a big maybe I don't like the physical appearance but interested in Windows 10

No samsung for me because I don't like glass back and I'm a person who uses no cases or skins.
    10-04-15 01:45 AM
    Takes all my will power not to order the 4gig of ram zen phone.

Need priv now.

Listed my BlackBerry Passport on craigslist today.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 02:10 AM
    Yes. Updates come out direct from Google just like apple. They also are doing monthly security updates now. Those who say the 6p is ugly must not have seen the images from the Google announcement. They must be looking at early renders. Look at the store. Store.Google.com
    Thanks, Nicholas - and I have looked at both the 6P and 5X on the Google store - IMHO, both are very nice looking devices that are built by respectable OEMs.

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    10-04-15 07:26 AM
    I think the 6P is one of the ugliest phones I have ever seen. Huawei builds it so you might as well send all your personal information including fingerprints to the Chinese Communist Party. No thanks

Posted via CB10
    Turn off Fox News and take off the tin foil hat. Is a device made in Mexico or Canada with all Chinese components any more safe from the Communist Party?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    10-04-15 07:39 AM
    This will all be available as a separate app purchase.... Blackberry Suite.
    I hope not. Blackberry will need to provide the Hub, contacts, calendar, etc. for free if one buys the Priv. They can charge people who don't own a BlackBerry for their app suite.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 07:46 AM

If you are considering buying a Huawei device do some research first.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 08:13 AM
    I think the Priv is a much better looking device, but I don't have any illusions that my information will be fully exposed to Google just like any other Android phone that doesn't have BES.
    10-04-15 08:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Great video from journalism point of view.

It's true that Chinese government can influence Huawei in many ways, and therefore it's not a great idea to use Huawei's equipment for US's telecom infrastructure if you are concerned about the future of national security.

It's a trust issue over national security in desperate times.

For you and me, the risk of trusting Huawei is the same as trusting Google or Facebook... unless we are extremely high value targets for Chinese government, like Hilary Clinton... in that case, I would suggest a BlackBerry. Because Huawei, or Chinese government are not going to risk their credibility (already under constant scrutinize) for our data. It's just not worth it.

In fact, they probably will be even more vigilant on this than Google or Facebook because they have more to prove.

But come to think about it, it may not be a good idea to get a Priv considering how often I use my BlackBerry to do my banking.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-04-15 09:39 AM
    Great video from journalism point of view.

It's true that Chinese government can influence Huawei in many ways, and therefore it's not a great idea to use Huawei's equipment for US's telecom infrastructure if you are concerned about the future of national security.

It's a trust issue over national security in desperate times.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Considering what we found out regarding the NSA, is it any different? I guess you always have to pick a poison.
    10-04-15 09:57 AM
    versus the Blackberry which had the Hub, Security and probably a few other goodies.
    Which are just add ons that will more than likely be sold as a software suite, so you would probably be able to get the Nexus with those things also.
    10-04-15 09:59 AM
    Lumia 950 XL
    With Blackberry's move to Android, this is where my money is going.

Awesome hardware - Check
    Awesome camera - Check
    Awesome OS (IMO) - Check
    Growing app store (for those into that) - Check
    Granular Permissions - Check
    Micro SD - Check
    Removable Battery - Check
    JRF_1986 and Q10Bold like this.
    10-04-15 10:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Good video CBS.

I wish people would realize that chineese companies do not have a seperation from the state.

Having said that the only government tampering actually discovered by CBS was that of the USA with sprint..

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 11:24 AM
    If you think the nsa is bad... imagine a countries spy network that has no boundaries or accountability, and installed and built all the equipment. #scary

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 11:26 AM
    If you think the nsa is bad... imagine a countries spy network that has no boundaries or accountability, and installed and built all the equipment. #scary

Posted via CB10
    You mean a country that spies on the their allies and friends? Good thing the NSA doesn't do that? Right?

Guten Tag.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 10-04-15 at 05:24 PM.
    10-04-15 11:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    That'll teach the USA a lesson for letting their inside company to fall....LOL
    and for being to greedy.
    We used to see made in USA.....Now, it is Made in China
    10-04-15 11:53 AM
    For me it's:

1. Priv - form factor uniqueness and promising specs. Never had a slider before!
    2. Xperia Z5 - great camera fast auto focus, visually very minimalistic and attractive, fingerprint scanner position is great
    3. Nexus 6P - 100% stock android experience, good camera and build, AMOLED
    4. Nexus 5X - again like 6P but cheaper
    5. Lumia 950 - this is a big maybe I don't like the physical appearance but interested in Windows 10

No samsung for me because I don't like glass back and I'm a person who uses no cases or skins.
    Do you have samples of ther Nexus camera? ... and it has no OIS by the way
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-04-15 02:30 PM
    With Blackberry's move to Android, this is where my money is going.

Awesome hardware - Check
    Awesome camera - Check
    Awesome OS (IMO) - Check
    Growing app store (for those into that) - Check
    Granular Permissions - Check
    Micro SD - Check
    Removable Battery - Check
    How do you know "how good" is the camera? There are no samples of it
    10-04-15 02:31 PM
100 1234