The comparison may have been already done by some, but i would like to have the opinions of those who used/owned the Galaxy S6 and the Priv and which one they think is better. I pretty much narrowed down the choice to these 2 devices (unless the Sony Z5 gets in)...? Any advice out there?
    11-16-15 08:36 PM
    I have never owned an S6 Edge Plus but I have a few co-workers who have recently purchased. Feel in hand really isn't that different, although the Priv does have more heft and feels a bit more solid. The screen is a close call between the two and the dimensions are also almost a wash.

I upgraded in the last week, as has one of my co-workers with the Edge Plus... and both are seemingly battery hogs, at least in the early going. We were tied at 35% after about 10 hours off the charger today... He is a bit of a power user, as am I since we are in sales... but even on a relatively quiet day today I limped home with 15% power with less than 30 minutes of voice calls and 2 hours of screen on time with the Priv. The Edge Plus was pretty similar at the 'couple day' mark with the device.
    11-16-15 08:44 PM
    There's an issues if your only getting two hours screen on time, my priv is constantly hitting five to six hours screen on time make sure Gmail is set to sync never and push in enabled in the hub. Also make sure all blackberry apps are updated by searching blackberry limited on the Google play store. I find that my priv has a longer battery then my sisters s6 edge. On top of that priv is almost 100% stock Android where as Samsung has skinned the s6 heavily with TouchWiz.
    Attached Thumbnails PRIV vs Galaxy S6 edge?-1447729862754.jpg   PRIV vs Galaxy S6 edge?-1447729882820.jpg  
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-16-15 09:14 PM
    Everything seems to have settled... there are no surprise resource hogs like others have reported. All the BB apps were updated to current versions before I set up any accounts. I will monitor it a little more closely tomorrow.
    11-16-15 09:20 PM
    Would recommend. Two hours seems off to me. I'd also recommend restarting your phone as well I might help.
    mryan55 likes this.
    11-16-15 09:27 PM
    I'm getting right near 6.5hrs of screen-on time on a charge, and I still have power left. Not a lot, but power.
    11-16-15 09:28 PM
    Would recommend. Two hours seems off to me. I'd also recommend restarting your phone as well I might help.
    I have considered a factory reset based on some of the input on other threads here, but I don't see what it might fix for me as I set up the email accounts after updating all the BB apps... from my day of 100% down to 15% power the screen accounted for 25%, voice calls 7% and BlackBerry services 6% of battery use... those numbers don't seem unreasonable?

I am in a Voice Over LTE area and have left it enabled... I wonder if that helped account for 1h 7m of voice calls using up such an amount of battery... Any ideas?
    11-16-15 09:33 PM
    I would recommend a factory reset I don't even have blackberry services showings up on my list. As for volte I'm not too sure how it impacts battery as my carrier doesn't support it. I'm with public mobile (Telus network)
    Attached Thumbnails PRIV vs Galaxy S6 edge?-1447731416359.jpg   PRIV vs Galaxy S6 edge?-1447731432825.jpg   PRIV vs Galaxy S6 edge?-1447731478096.jpg  
    11-16-15 09:38 PM
    I get 2 hours onscreen time. No apps really other than crack berry.

I did notice my bes 12 client had 3 hrs awake time in the morning so I have removed it. If I dont use my phone that battery is okay but if I use it and I have my screen dim it eats battery really quickly.

I setup my hub accounts before updating the apps tho
    11-16-15 09:59 PM
    I simply rebooted mine this evening, will charge on the regular charger overnight (perhaps Quick Charge is impacting battery conditioning)... and see how things are tomorrow. Should probably remember to pack the charger for the office, just in case!
    11-16-15 10:02 PM
    I would recommend a factory reset I don't even have blackberry services showings up on my list. As for volte I'm not too sure how it impacts battery as my carrier doesn't support it. I'm with public mobile (Telus network)
    Are you having any over heating problems with the Priv? and how is Telus network?
    11-16-15 10:02 PM
    OP has asked something else and I also want to know which one to choose. Please don't hijack the thread with battery issues

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-16-15 10:04 PM
    Are you having any over heating problems with the Priv? and how is Telus network?
    My priv gets a little warm, but that's expected my nexus 6 got warm as well. As for the network I haven't had any issues excellent service. I'm with public mobile a subsidiary of Telus it's BYOD and the support is all community based (no call center to phone) it's all prepaid you pay for what you want I currently pay 120$ for province wide calling Canadian unlimited texting and 4gb of data the price is for a three month period I switched over on September 24th and don't have to pay again until Dec 24th. One thing to note is my data bucket is 4gb to be used over the three months .
    11-16-15 10:08 PM
    My priv gets a little warm, but that's expected my nexus 6 got warm as well. As for the network I haven't had any issues excellent service. I'm with public mobile a subsidiary of Telus it's BYOD and the support is all community based (no call center to phone) it's all prepaid you pay for what you want I currently pay 120$ for province wide calling Canadian unlimited texting and 4gb of data the price is for a three month period I switched over on September 24th and don't have to pay again until Dec 24th. One thing to note is my data bucket is 4gb to be used over the three months .
    not a bad deal i guess, it all depends on how much u use data...it looks like i'm headed for Telus, right now with SOLO (Bell that is), but that's a dead company
    what about gaming on the Priv...any lag? any issues?
    11-16-15 10:15 PM
    OP has asked something else and I also want to know which one to choose. Please don't hijack the thread with battery issues

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    Sorry that I attempted to provide support to someone who was comparing their privs battery life to a galaxy s6, honestly I used Samsung for a bit their devices are subpar (I hate TouchWiz) both the priv and s6 have their merits. Priv is as close to stock Android as Motorola is, they both haven't heavily skinned android. I moved over to the priv because I wanted the pkb.
    11-16-15 10:15 PM
    not a bad deal i guess, it all depends on how much u use data...it looks like i'm headed for Telus, right now with SOLO (Bell that is), but that's a dead company
    what about gaming on the Priv...any lag? any issues?
    I haven't had any issues with games. But then again I don't play many of the I'll have to test and report back. I'll download the new need for speed I'll report back
    11-16-15 10:17 PM
    I haven't had any issues with games. But then again I don't play many of the I'll have to test and report back. I'll download the new need for speed I'll report back
    Great lol. u should try FIFA too and let me know : )
    i will have to decide in the next few days which phone to get...i don't really like the G4, but the Galaxy S6 looks good, and of course the Priv
    11-16-15 10:23 PM
    I came from an s6 edge.

Battery life on the s6 is horrible. I have 3 chargers. Can't make it 12hrs.

That alone should push u to the Priv.

Also, the s6 lags a lot. I tried every keyboard and all of them lag.

The s6 can't handle that many multiple apps. It slows down and I have to clear all the apps often.

It also has extremely aggressive memory management. Meaning if u have chrome opened, then u jump to another app, and within seconds jump back to chrome, the web page needs to re-render. It just kills background processes fast and furiously.

The Priv has been a breath of fresh air, but it's not perfect. The size is bigger. I think the s6 was the perfect size.

Coming back to the pkb I thought I would dominate typing. The keys r smaller, and I'm surprised at the issues: typing can't keep up. Some double letters get skipped or misinterpreted. Many threads on this but one example that happened while I'm typing this is I tried to type "all" but it went to "AL" because it skipped one L.

The phone gets hot as many have mentioned.

The front speaker is horrible. Every game and while playing vids and music, there's static.

I have the camera high pitched sound like many others.

And the phone antenna is not as strong.

But given these issues, I still like it over the s6 edge.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 10:25 PM
    I came from an s6 edge.

Battery life on the s6 is horrible. I have 3 chargers. Can't make it 12hrs.

That alone should push u to the Priv.

Also, the s6 lags a lot. I tried every keyboard and all of them lag.

The s6 can't handle that many multiple apps. It slows down and I have to clear all the apps often.

It also has extremely aggressive memory management. Meaning if u have chrome opened, then u jump to another app, and within seconds jump back to chrome, the web page needs to re-render. It just kills background processes fast and furiously.

The Priv has been a breath of fresh air, but it's not perfect. The size is bigger. I think the s6 was the perfect size.

Coming back to the pkb I thought I would dominate typing. The keys r smaller, and I'm surprised at the issues: typing can't keep up. Some double letters get skipped or misinterpreted. Many threads on this but one example that happened while I'm typing this is I tried to type "all" but it went to "AL" because it skipped one L.

The phone gets hot as many have mentioned.

The front speaker is horrible. Every game and while playing vids and music, there's static.

I have the camera high pitched sound like many others.

And the phone antenna is not as strong.

But given these issues, I still like it over the s6 edge.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    thanks for the info
    sucks that there are still some minor issues withe Priv that could affect the experience.
    11-16-15 10:42 PM
    Great lol. u should try FIFA too and let me know : )
    i will have to decide in the next few days which phone to get...i don't really like the G4, but the Galaxy S6 looks good, and of course the Priv
    Need for speed ran smoothly looks very pretty as well I'm sure fifa will run well as well but I'll give it a shot here's some screen grabs from nfs
    Attached Thumbnails PRIV vs Galaxy S6 edge?-1447735392904.jpg   PRIV vs Galaxy S6 edge?-1447735407255.jpg  
    11-16-15 10:43 PM
    Need for speed ran smoothly looks very pretty as well I'm sure fifa will run well as well but I'll give it a shot here's some screen grabs from nfs
    Looks good to me! : )
    thanks
    11-17-15 11:46 AM