I can't seem to find any other posts with this issue. My Priv's volume down key is "stuck" in the pressed position. Interestingly it's not stuck far enough down to cause the volume to always go to the minimum - in fact the key still works when pressed, it just moves an unperceptively small amount.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do? The phone is still under Verizon's warranty, but I'd rather not send it back if it's a fairly simple fix. Is there a spring device under the keys that might have dislodged or are they micro switches that have no user fixable parts? Thanks.
    09-05-16 11:44 PM
    I think it would be easier to claim the warranty than to try and fix yourself. There have been plenty of videos on here of people self fixing, I wouldn't want to do it.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-05-16 11:48 PM
    I can't seem to find any other posts with this issue. My Priv's volume down key is "stuck" in the pressed position. Interestingly it's not stuck far enough down to cause the volume to always go to the minimum - in fact the key still works when pressed, it just moves an unperceptively small amount.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do? The phone is still under Verizon's warranty, but I'd rather not send it back if it's a fairly simple fix. Is there a spring device under the keys that might have dislodged or are they micro switches that have no user fixable parts? Thanks.
    Can you see if it might be stuck or caught on the surrounding area or do you have a case on it? Can you gently fiddle with it and does it free up?
    Who-cut-the-cheese likes this.
    09-06-16 09:25 AM

Same problem for me only mine is the volume up key. I got mine from VZW about 10 days ago. Other than that one issue, I'm satisfied with the build quality, so I'm hesitant to take it back in fear of getting a replacement with a clicky screen or some other issue. Or even worse, getting back a refurbed replacement. Out of the pan and into the fire so to speak.........

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my fancy new PRIV. #VZWHATESPRIVOWNERS
    09-06-16 12:28 PM