Does anyone have a volume problem on their priv when listening to audio through headphones? With the passport, I never had an issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-21-16 04:38 PM
    The volume seems to be lower than other smart phones. But when I try other headphone other than the one comes in the package, it is louder.

03-21-16 04:52 PM
    I am using over the ear bose headphones (soundtrue around the ear).

03-21-16 08:56 PM
    Are you on Verizon? I know that they didn't support a sound booster the other providers do. I haven't tried headphones on mine yet but I use BlackBerry branded and Skullcandy on my Classic with good volume.

03-21-16 09:08 PM
    I am using a ATT priv. I'm surprised not many more have been complaining about this.

03-21-16 09:28 PM
    Try going to soundshocker.com
    It works, but may work to good with headphones.
    03-21-16 09:42 PM
    Yes I have noticed the max volume on my Priv is less than my Classic I came from. Not a huge issue but noticeable for sure.

03-21-16 09:48 PM
    Yes i have certainly noticed this. Very frustrating when I come to a track that is quieter.

03-21-16 11:51 PM
    the priv is no where as loud as the passport
    03-22-16 01:15 AM
    It's definitely lacking in the volume with headsets.
    Hopefully this can be addressed with software in the future. Right now I think BB has many other software issues that take precedent.
    03-22-16 05:52 AM
    If you are using bluetooth headphones that has its own volume, this issue disappears. I just bought a bluetooth receiver for my headphones and it fixed my issue.
    04-05-16 07:17 AM
    Does anyone have a volume problem on their priv when listening to audio through headphones? With the passport, I never had an issue.

Yes, the volume is not very loud. I hope this can be addressed with software.
    04-05-16 07:26 AM
    I'm no audiophile by any means, but I've found headphones to work just as well as other phones I've used.

04-05-16 03:49 PM
    I noticed with Bluetooth audio it's the shartiest volume ever. I was quite disappointed while on my trip to Costa Rica. But oh well that's one of the reasons why my Priv is now my work phone and my black phone 2 is my main personal phone....

04-05-16 04:34 PM
    I don't have issues with the volume through headphones but I have noticed that the volume seems to change itself sometimes when I listen through the speakers. I put the volume up and the volume seems to go up slightly and that a few minutes later, the volume increases by itself even more and so whatever I was playing just gets louder without me touching anything. It could just be a delay but that's some long-*** delay if it takes a few minutes to register that I was increasing the volume.
    04-06-16 10:13 AM
    One thing to mention that I didn't see noted thus far is that Android has a safe volume limit that resets itself each time your device reboots. What this means is that when you connect headphones to the device, if you turn the volume up, you'll get a prompt asking if you wish to continue increasing the volume past the safe volume limit, and if you tap yes, it will allow you to continue increasing the volume to the OS's maximum setting. This prompt resets each time you reboot the device, so you have to raise the volume again and say yes to the prompt to get back up to the maximum volume.

That all said, stock Android itself also does not push the absolute maximums that the device amplifiers are capable of doing. You can see this with other Android devices comparing their stock OS installs against something like Cyanogenmod or any other custom ROM, the custom ROMs are always louder than the stock ones. Presumably this is to avoid lawsuits for people getting their hearing damaged or something to that effect, but you can easily push the device to higher volume outputs by using apps to do just that. Personally, I find the 100% volume level with my earbuds to be too loud, and I have my device limited to 85% of max, this is using Sennheiser MM70i earbuds.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-06-16 11:05 AM
    I bought a pair of bluetooth headphones and they're much louder than headphones plugged into the headphone socket, plus you don't get the volume warning if you turn them up. Another option for people to consider.
    04-06-16 11:13 AM
    I thought certain apps caused volume issue, not the device itself?????
    For example, Power Amp is known to cause (fluctuating) volume issues:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12311926
    04-06-16 11:50 AM
    Personally, I find the 100% volume level with my earbuds to be too loud, and I have my device limited to 85% of max, this is using Sennheiser MM70i earbuds.
    Somewhat unrelated question, do the volume up/down buttons of the MM70i work with the Priv out of the box for controlling volume and/or changing tracks? I've tried mine with a few androids (last one was Nexus 5x) and the volume buttons were pretty useless for their intended purpose while working perfectly fine with BB10...
    04-06-16 12:42 PM
    Somewhat unrelated question, do the volume up/down buttons of the MM70i work with the Priv out of the box for controlling volume and/or changing tracks? I've tried mine with a few androids (last one was Nexus 5x) and the volume buttons were pretty useless for their intended purpose while working perfectly fine with BB10...
    Unfortunately, no. The issue lies with how the 3.5mm jack and plug are wired. The MM70i is designed for iPhone, and while I know BB's older hardware used the same pinout for the jack as iPhones did, the standard for Android devices uses different wiring, which evidently BB adhered to when building the Priv. I mean, it makes sense, since not adhering to the standard would mean that headsets that were branded to work for Android, would not work in that case. It's a stupid and unfortunate set of circumstances, and while I can't claim to know if this is true or not, I feel like it's probably Apple-related. I mean, most other issues of this nature have invariably been traced back to Apple enforcing some patent or purposely choosing to do things differently so as to prevent their fan base from easily switching away from them.

What I personally do to get around this is to use an app that allows the centre button to perform various tasks depending on the number of presses and whether they're long or short presses. Hardly perfect, but it gets the job done. The most popular free option is Jays Headset Control, which should work, though I had some trouble getting it to work when I switched to another device prior to the Priv, so I wound up buying Headset Button Controller which I can attest works perfectly with the Priv, and also has other nice things like automatically resetting the volume level to a desired setting when you plug your headphones in, among many other features.
    04-06-16 02:45 PM
    If you are using bluetooth headphones that has its own volume, this issue disappears. I just bought a bluetooth receiver for my headphones and it fixed my issue.
    What brand of bluetooth headphones did you get? I have not had trouble with the volume on my Priv but would like to get some bluetooth headphones. I did notice that when I plugged my Priv into the small mobile speakers that I use for my laptop, the sound was not as loud as when I use them with my laptop.
    04-06-16 03:04 PM
    unbox therapy reviewed a product called BoomStick which will increase the volume and quality.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 10:05 PM