It's confirmed on the pre release sign up that it will have the original blackberry virtual keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Do you have proof to show us where you received that information?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:43 PM
    I caught that but it could just be highlighting the PKB as well as VKB options since their other PKB phone didn't have VKBs

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:43 PM
    Yeah I wondered that too. Swiftkey is the best android vkb I've tried but it still isn't as good as BlackBerry version. I hope my flicking can continue lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:45 PM
    I really hope the final release comes with the BlackBerry keyboard... or they end up releasing it for all Android. It really is the best virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:48 PM
    I have a question with regard to Swiftkey and Android apps in general. When I looked it up in Snap, it shows up as free. What does Swiftkey get out of their app that cost them time, sweat and money if they give it away? I understand that a lot of free apps get you to upgrade, or in app purchase, or Data mine, what does this app do to repay devs?

Posted via CB10
    It used to cost money. It was about 3 bucks when I bought it nearly 5 years ago. So many people have bought it that I'm sure they they've made some good money off of it hence why it's free.

And yeah in app purchases.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-14-15 08:12 PM
    They're similar, and understandably so considering BB10 keyboard was co-designed by SwiftKey. But saying there's "no difference" just isn't accurate.

SwiftKey has some bells & whistles that BB10 doesn't.
    BB10 has the swipe gestures (to delete 1-4 words, reverse autocorrect, toggle keyboard screens, select originally typed word above space bar, etc) and word flicking, and SwiftKey does not. (AFAIK anyway!)
    Swift key doesn't have swipe to delete since it uses flow which is like swype keyboard. You get three predictive words above the keyboard which tends to be pretty accurate.

I'll be honest, I've never used the bb10 keyboard and it's flicking feature but I hear great things about it.

Elite1 likes this.
    10-14-15 08:16 PM
    Swift key doesn't have swipe to delete since it uses flow which is like swype keyboard. You get three predictive words above the keyboard which tends to be pretty accurate.

I'll be honest, I've never used the bb10 keyboard and it's flicking feature but I hear great things about it.

Swiftkey has swipe to delete, but only available if you enable it manually and disable the swype to type. If you enable swype to type, it disables the swipe to delete and 1 finger swipe to bring keyboard down.

But honestly, even with SwiftKey keyboard on Android, it cant compare to BB10 virtual keyboard with word flick and multi finger delete.

I also find the BB10 keyboard to be a lot more accurate when typing than any Android keyboard.
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-14-15 10:08 PM
    Swiftkey has swipe to delete, but only available if you enable it manually and disable the swype to type. If you enable swype to type, it disables the swipe to delete and 1 finger swipe to bring keyboard down.

But honestly, even with SwiftKey keyboard on Android, it cant compare to BB10 virtual keyboard with word flick and multi finger delete.

I also find the BB10 keyboard to be a lot more accurate when typing than any Android keyboard.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that. Swiping to delete on swift key is nice but sometimes it's nice to use swype/flow on it instead.

10-14-15 10:45 PM
    I have a question with regard to Swiftkey and Android apps in general. When I looked it up in Snap, it shows up as free. What does Swiftkey get out of their app that cost them time, sweat and money if they give it away? I understand that a lot of free apps get you to upgrade, or in app purchase, or Data mine, what does this app do to repay devs?

Posted via CB10
    In-app purchases such as extra themes

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:42 AM
    HYPERVISOR!!!!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    I taught Bla!ze added that to the Blocked Word filter for CrackBerry.....
    10-15-15 02:18 PM
    Attachment 375716

Plus, you know.. there's a billion and one keyboard apps available on Google Play including SwiftKey which BlackBerry uses the API for enable the BlackBerry 10 keyboard.
    To be honest, they all suck compared to the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. I have Swype and SwiftKey, and a few others. None compare.
    10-15-15 02:57 PM
    To be honest, they all suck compared to the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. I have Swype and SwiftKey, and a few others. None compare.
    Depends on taste. Some swear by SwiftKey, I love Swype.

Having choice is good. Seems like Android may be getting yet another.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-15-15 03:12 PM
    I can tell you all now that unless something drastic changes before release it will have the proper swipey-up-on-the-letters bb10 keyboard. Didn't have time to fully compare but it looked pretty much identical and swipe to delete works. I didn't get a chance to try the multifingers-swipe-delete gesture though.

If anyone wants to know, swiftkey make the vast majority of their money licensing their prediction tech to the likes of BlackBerry and samsung.

Bb10 soft keyboard is still my fav software keyboard, I have bought about three keyboards for android and tried out all the main ones and I haven't found anything that compares, fleksy is the closest I have found to typing on my old z10 but I'm still not as fast.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-15-15 08:57 PM
    I taught Bla!ze added that to the Blocked Word filter for CrackBerry.....
    Haha, yeah, he should have.

10-15-15 11:24 PM
    You are so right.

10-15-15 11:25 PM
    I am wondering if the Priv will allow duel languages so that the correct predictive text will pop up without having to change keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 12:17 AM
    It's officially confirmed by BlackBerry.

Carphone warehouse has a Hands On Video about the BB Priv and it's amazing. See here below the link.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:35 AM
    I've been wondering about the Priv virtual keyboard too. Can't recall seeing it in any leaked photos/videos.

Will it be similar to the BB10 keyboard? I hope so!
    The only reason I have some hope it will be same or similar to BB10 keyboard is previous comments from BBRY about releasing the BB10 keyboard to iOS & Android via the Productivity Suite, which is supposedly included with Priv.

I'd love it if the BB10 default font, "Slate" iirc, were included as default or at least an option too. I'm not a fan of the stock Android font.
    Yes! Slate is an awesome smartphone system font. It is much better than that ugly Roboto default Android font. Slate reminds me of the best phone font ever, Prelude, which was on the dearly departed webOS Palm/hp devices like my old Pre3. If BlackBerry were truly serious about giving Priv users a genuine BlackBerry experience, along with the Hub and other apps BlackBerry should've trotted out the Slate font. Missed opportunity, Chen!!

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    11-09-15 08:43 PM
    How do you install font without rooting?
    11-09-15 08:44 PM
44 12