So I'm moving to Germany for 2 to 3 years and I am going to obviously want to do some sort of local plan once I get there and suspend my Verizon line rather than use an international plan from Verizon. I've decided I like the Priv, (thank god Verizon released it finally) cause I've gone in and used it multiple times in the store and one of the reps was using it and letting me use his since it was setup. He said he loved it which almost made me fall over that reps said something good about a BlackBerry.

Anyways the point is I want to buy the phone outright so I can have it before I go and use a carrier over there but where should I purchase from?

I know Verizon phones are global ready so it'd likely work when I got there if I bought it outright from them and it would work on Verizon when I come home for visiting, but obviously it's not designed to work over there the best and I like how security updates are faster from ones from BlackBerry.

I want to buy direct from BlackBerry for the previous reason stated about security updates, but don't know if that one is going to work any better than the Verizon one. I like the 1yr warranty and 30 days support though.

Or option three, buy from Amazon cause it's $50 dollars cheaper, has two day shipping, and unlocked like the shopforblackberry one but does that come with the one year warranty and 30 days support like that one? It says it has a one year warranty but what does that 30 days support include from BlackBerry?

Anybody's advice who travels regularly, especially to Germany, if your German, have bought from any of those options please feel free to chime in. I'm looking for whatever help you guys can offer. Oh and I'm looking to buy the lastest in the second week of April so I have time to go to the Verizon store and do the classes since I don't know anything about Android haha. Thanks again everyone!

Using my Verizon BlackBerry Z30
    03-21-16 10:42 AM
    Unless things have changed, BB does NOT sell the Verizon version of the Priv.

Might you be eligible for the Verizon $200 discount. Only certain accounts are eligible and you have to call CUSTOMER SERVICE (not sales). Generally, you have to be a long time customer and possibly off contract. Worth checking out. Ask about a Loyalty Discount??

I've used my Verizon Z30 in Europe last summer but got the Verizon plan - NOT cheap. But the Verizon Priv is sold UNlocked so you could use a local sim card over there but I don't know good choices or options. Someone from Germany might be able to help. There may be some limits on carriers or frequencies.

Oh, and just so you know - with plug adapters, most chargers work in the different countries.
    03-21-16 11:14 AM
    Just buy an unlocked version from BlackBerry or Amazon before you go, it's essentially all the same thing, be it from BB or Amazon.The 30 day support is a phone call..should you need help. It's not super special and you get it no matter how you purchase the device when buying unlocked.
    03-21-16 11:17 AM
    Yea I know BlackBerry doesn't sell the Verizon one unlocked, I was going to buy it directly from Verizon. Only because I don't plan on staying 2 to 3yrs straight and like I said when I come back to the states to visit it'll work. But I'd also still have my Z30 so it's not a huge issue. And it's not like in 2 to 3yrs there won't be new phones that I'd want so I don't care so much that when I get back it works o Verizon cause I'd probably get another phone again at that time... of they still make phones haha

03-21-16 11:19 AM
    OK I thought it was just a different outlet to purchase the phone basically but wanted to make sure. I figured that the whole 30 days support wasn't like something super awesome I'd be losing by getting it through Amazon. I guess I'll await another week or so til after April 1st to buy just in case they have any other good deals like that bundle again or the price drops a little more and then decide to buy from BlackBerry or Amazon. Thanks guys for your input!

03-21-16 11:24 AM