I know PRIV was not made by TCL. However, BlackBerry being Blackberry regardless of whoever makes it - I shot the following email to TCL / BMo. Let's see what they reply (if at all they do).

And friends, pls post below your take on the specs (what you think should be included) lest they reply - and we have ready points for further discussion/s with them.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear BlackBerry Mobile / The Creative Life,

There is a considerable interest for a version-2 of the BlackBerry PRIV. I believe if TCL produces this phone once again with updated specs it would be a big success.

In my opinion, a BlackBerry without its 'physical' keyboard is not the way to go. 99% folks who opt for a BlackBerry do so only b'coz of a PKB. Which is why the KeyOne is such a success - and I have my doubts on the Motion.

I seriously believe if BlackBerry needs to be relevant in today's cellphone market it must "only" concentrate on three phone variants. A wide device (Passport), a long device (KeyOne) and a Slider (Priv). Albeit all with PKBs.

PRIV v2 / I shot an email to TCL-blackberry-keyone-priv-passport.jpg

I know BB10 is done for - so stick with Android over the three lines (yes, on Passport as well. But more on it separately b'coz that's a serious discussion by itself). But pls do consider a renewed PRIV asap now that the Motion is out and I'm sure Team-BlackBerry is already on the drawing board for 2018 (if not, you gotta be!).

There are a plethora of slab-phones in the market - and it will be very difficult for TCL to compete in that segment given the budget constraints. As such, in my opinion, stick with just three models (like I stated above) and you will have a fair chance, a fair share of the cellphone market once again. It will keep you different, as well as keep your economies of scale in check. I would go ahead one step and call it your redemption. You need that. We need that.

A PRIV v2 (Oreo), with at least 6GB of RAM, 64GB storage (off course with a microSD slot), Dual Cameras and be able to shoot in 4K with good low light capabilities, Fingerprint sensor, IP68, the works - could be a perfect call for BlackBerry-2018. Yes, such phones already exist - but BlackBerry can better it with their security suite and this unique form factor. Believe me, tho the PRIV has been called-off it yet is loved by many, used by many till date. And many more would've gone for it if not for it's ab-initio teething troubles (first BBdroid). A PRIV v2 would bridge it.

Bottomline: If you can do that and keep it competitively priced* I am sure we are looking at a [true]winner flagship from BlackBerry.

All the best!

From your fan via CrackBerry

*If possible, maintain around KeyOne Black Edition prices. At max around Google Pixel-2's. Definitely below iPhone-8s. Else it might not take off the way we want it to.

12-03-17 03:57 PM
    I dont agree, I think bringing out another Priv would be a waste of time and money. Nobody bought the previous one.

What next, another email/letter to TCL to bring back BB10?

Get over it folks.....
    Parker_Lewis likes this.
    12-03-17 04:04 PM
    I wholeheartedly agree with Qorax. IMHO, a horizontal slider would be a most amazing addition, though I realize that's not going to happen. Therefore as I said, I'm with you, Qorax.
    In the meantime, very much enjoying this KEYone Black.
    Last edited by Parker_Lewis; 12-03-17 at 09:51 PM.
    12-03-17 04:40 PM
    I wholeheartedly agree with Qorax. IMHO, a horizontal slider would be a most amazing edition, though I realize that's not going to happen. Therefore as I said, I'm with you, Qorax.
    In the meantime, very much enjoying this KEYone Black.
    So a moto z with the keyboard mod?
    12-03-17 04:56 PM
    Priv 2 with dual sim perhaps, maybe?

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    12-03-17 07:31 PM
    Screen lift on the key one and blury camera with the motion, I wouldn't trust them to make a slider.
    12-03-17 07:53 PM
    ^^^ Agreed...

Bob
    12-03-17 08:08 PM
    Screen lift on the key one and blury camera with the motion, I wouldn't trust them to make a slider.
    1. The K1 screen separation was not a rampant issue, and was in the initial batches only. It has never been reported again. This bloody phone is a rock solid device. Things do happen sometimes. Btw, iPhone-6 had bendgate, right? And a batch of the Notes did blew!

2. TCL is currently the only choice, b'coz they 'only' have the mantle of making BlackBerries.
    Carjackd and BBeast like this.
    12-03-17 08:35 PM
    TCL is trying to succed, I don't see the point in doing the same that BB did all over again. Simply because that didn't worked out the first time.

Apart from that, IP68 and slider form factor do not work together.
    Qorax and Wezard like this.
    12-03-17 08:49 PM
    ...Apart from that, IP68 and slider form factor do not work together.
    Good point there.
    12-03-17 09:06 PM
    Tho has a [sort of] bad reputation - yet the Turing Appassionato is an unique phone:

Guess who is manufacturing it? Yes TCL
    dangerousfen likes this.
    12-03-17 09:09 PM
    First response received from TCL / BBMo:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sent: December 3, 2017 4:54 PM
    To: Qorax Stan
    Subject: RE: CRM:00000XXXXXXX / PRIV v2

Dear Stan,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry and for your interest in our products.

We thank you for reaching out and appreciate your feedback. We will forward your suggestion to the correct department so it can be taken into account.

We’d like to inform that you will receive an email...

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry Mobile as your daily communication device.

Best Regards,

Laura Sanchez

BlackBerry® Mobile Care

-----------------------------------------------------------
    G_Unit MVP and Parker_Lewis like this.
    12-03-17 09:43 PM
    completely agree with the advice to TCL.
    a developed version of the wide screen would be interesting should be able make inroads on the tablet market.in addition to new versions of the other two.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-04-17 12:05 AM
    Addition to last ,How about the wide screen being all touch screen with the ability to plug in a full size PKB and possibly mouse.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-04-17 12:13 AM
    Did you really say "b'coz?"
    Qorax, MaxR_A and BlueOhSix like this.
    12-04-17 06:42 AM
    Is there are market for multiple PKB devices.... that's still the question that hasn't been answered.
    Parker_Lewis likes this.
    12-04-17 08:37 AM
    Is there are market for multiple PKB devices.... that's still the question that hasn't been answered.
    I'm kind of wondering that myself. It will be interesting to see whether TCL's promised 2018 Palm device will be a Treo (candybar qwerty), Pre (slider), or PDA-with-stylus (a la Galaxy Note?) design. If it's a keyboard design, I wonder if it will get a BlackBerry re-badge?
    12-04-17 09:12 AM
    I'm kind of wondering that myself. It will be interesting to see whether TCL's promised 2018 Palm device will be a Treo (candybar qwerty), Pre (slider), or PDA-with-stylus (a la Galaxy Note?) design. If it's a keyboard design, I wonder if it will get a BlackBerry re-badge?
    I expect it's just a move to use the name, just like when they use RCA for TVs. I don't think they would be allowed to mix or blend the two brands in any way.

And sadly I think for most true on time Palm fans, Palm = WeOS. And LG owns that and it's not really suitable as a mobile OS at this point.

Maybe they'll do a PKB device.... just don't expect much from TCL Communications at this point.
    12-04-17 09:34 AM
    Personally, I'd love another slider, I'm not thrilled with the idea of a horizontal keyboard though. I type much faster on the old style BlackBerry keyboard found on the Priv, than I did with the Passport. I loved the passport though, I just prefer to type on the old type keyboard. probably years of BlackBerry use to blame for that.

If they made a horizontal keyboard model though, I would give it a chance.

for me, I don't really care if it shoots 4K video, most phones won't do as well at 4K than my real video cameras do at HD, so I see no point, especially since the majority of video shot with a phone will never be played back at the size 4K is useful for. It would only add cost to the phone with no real benefit, other than to say the phone has it.
    Qorax and BBeast like this.
    12-04-17 12:38 PM
    ...for me, I don't really care if it shoots 4K video, most phones won't do as well at 4K than my real video cameras do at HD, so I see no point, especially since the majority of video shot with a phone will never be played back at the size 4K is useful for. It would only add cost to the phone with no real benefit, other than to say the phone has it.
    Perfectly opined there.
    PHughes likes this.
    12-04-17 01:01 PM
    I miss the Priv screen & the Priv-2 PKB could get a mod to be more like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ while at it. I would jump to buy it without lag, with 4gb 64gb and QI charge & USB-c ...it would be great for PKB people & also for slabbers who could just ignore the slider ...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 12-04-17 at 01:31 PM.
    Qorax, Sigewif and BBeast like this.
    12-04-17 01:11 PM
    I know PRIV was not made by TCL. However, BlackBerry being Blackberry regardless of whoever makes it - I shot the following email to TCL / BMo. Let's see what they reply (if at all they do).

And friends, pls post below your take on the specs (what you think should be included) lest they reply - and we have ready points for further discussion/s with them.

Dear BlackBerry Mobile / The Creative Life,

There is a considerable interest for a version-2 of the BlackBerry PRIV. I believe if TCL produces this phone once again with updated specs it would be a big success.

In my opinion, a BlackBerry without its 'physical' keyboard is not the way to go. 99% folks who opt for a BlackBerry do so only b'coz of a PKB. Which is why the KeyOne is such a success - and I have my doubts on the Motion.

I seriously believe if BlackBerry needs to be relevant in today's cellphone market it must "only" concentrate on three phone variants. A wide device (Passport), a long device (KeyOne) and a Slider (Priv). Albeit all with PKBs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry KeyOne, Priv & Passport.jpg 
Views:	1401 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	432003

I know BB10 is done for - so stick with Android over the three lines (yes, on Passport as well. But more on it separately b'coz that's a serious discussion by itself). But pls do consider a renewed PRIV asap now that the Motion is out and I'm sure Team-BlackBerry is already on the drawing board for 2018 (if not, you gotta be!).

There are a plethora of slab-phones in the market - and it will be very difficult for TCL to compete in that segment given the budget constraints. As such, in my opinion, stick with just three models (like I stated above) and you will have a fair chance, a fair share of the cellphone market once again. It will keep you different, as well as keep your economies of scale in check. I would go ahead one step and call it your redemption. You need that. We need that.

A PRIV v2 (Oreo), with at least 6GB of RAM, 64GB storage (off course with a microSD slot), Dual Cameras and be able to shoot in 4K with good low light capabilities, Fingerprint sensor, IP68, the works - could be a perfect call for BlackBerry-2018. Yes, such phones already exist - but BlackBerry can better it with their security suite and this unique form factor. Believe me, tho the PRIV has been called-off it yet is loved by many, used by many till date. And many more would've gone for it if not for it's ab-initio teething troubles (first BBdroid). A PRIV v2 would bridge it.

Bottomline: If you can do that and keep it competitively priced* I am sure we are looking at a [true]winner flagship from BlackBerry.

All the best!

From your fan via CrackBerry

*If possible, maintain around KeyOne Black Edition prices. At max around Google Pixel-2's. Definitely below iPhone-8s. Else it might not take off the way we want it to.

Right you are !
    Qorax and BBeast like this.
    12-04-17 01:18 PM
    Right you are !
    Thank you sir!
    12-04-17 01:27 PM
    I miss the Priv screen & the Priv-2 PKB could get a mod to be more like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ while at it. I would jump to buy it without lag, with 4gb 64gb and QI charge & USB-c ...it would be great for PKB people & also for slanders who could just ignore the slider ...
    Well said. This is one beautiful form factor indeed.
    Sigewif likes this.
    12-04-17 01:28 PM
    And sadly I think for most true on time Palm fans, Palm = WeOS. And LG owns that and it's not really suitable as a mobile OS at this point.
    Well, LG owns one version of webOS. HP also released Open webOS, which was forked to produce LuneOS. Just to complicate things further, Qualcomm bought the patents, and is suing Apple for violating them with its latest UI design.

Anyways, it sure would be nice to see a Palm QWERTY with an open bootloader to serve as a LuneOS target.
    Qorax and elfabio80 like this.
    12-05-17 12:08 AM
272 123 ...