Sorry!

If you happen to be having trouble with accessing files on your PRIV, you can download these updated drivers to help.

Download this file: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608

Then install the files and follow these instructions:
    1) Click "Start" and select "Control Panel"
    2) Open "Device Manager"
    3) In the list, look under "Portable Devices". There should be an entry with a yellow exclamation.
    4) Right click on the "MTP USB Device"
    5) Select "Update Driver Software"
    6) Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7) Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers"
    8) Select "USB composite device"
    9) Click "Next"
    FF22 and Dave Liao like this.
    01-22-17 12:27 PM
    Sorry!

If you happen to be having trouble with accessing files on your PRIV, you can download these updated drivers to help.

Download this file: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608

Then install the files and follow these instructions:
    1) Click "Start" and select "Control Panel"
    2) Open "Device Manager"
    3) In the list, look under "Portable Devices". There should be an entry with a yellow exclamation.
    4) Right click on the "MTP USB Device"
    5) Select "Update Driver Software"
    6) Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7) Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers"
    8) Select "USB composite device"
    9) Click "Next"
    Thank you very much.
    01-22-17 02:02 PM
    I don't want to turn into one of those people who dislike the device because of one problem but Priv is turning into a headache. I need to get into my SD card and also on-board storage. SD card is already hard to access with push-pin system, now I cannot even access on board storage.

I tried all of these suggestions, restarted, uninstalled, installed, etc.. tried different USB cables, different USB ports, Nothing works. What is wrong with blackberry, not making a simple USB interface like a normal external storage operation like they used to but we have to go through these hoops, install drivers, and all these hassles?

03-23-17 12:16 AM
    Here we go.. You know what fixed the software?
    Selecting SAMSUNG COMPATIBLE DEVICE from the list of devices.
    There was no "USB Composite Device" to choose so I said what the hell and picked Samsung.

03-23-17 12:20 AM
    YES! This helped me!
    05-23-17 04:22 PM
    I don't want to turn into one of those people who dislike the device because of one problem but Priv is turning into a headache. I need to get into my SD card and also on-board storage. SD card is already hard to access with push-pin system, now I cannot even access on board storage.

I tried all of these suggestions, restarted, uninstalled, installed, etc.. tried different USB cables, different USB ports, Nothing works. What is wrong with blackberry, not making a simple USB interface like a normal external storage operation like they used to but we have to go through these hoops, install drivers, and all these hassles?

It has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Google removed USB Mass Storage from Android in KitKat because the card has to be temporarily unmounted from the phone and that breaks the user experience or some other meaningless 21st century term.

If possible, use AirDroid or AirMore to connect over WiFi, they're in fact much more reliable, and faster, than this MTP abomination.
    05-24-17 04:23 AM
    It has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Google removed USB Mass Storage from Android in KitKat because the card has to be temporarily unmounted from the phone and that breaks the user experience or some other meaningless 21st century term.

If possible, use AirDroid or AirMore to connect over WiFi, they're in fact much more reliable, and faster, than this MTP abomination.
    The problem with Airdroid is that it breaks if not the foreground process. I want to always be able to reach my device like I could with bb10 and wifi-sharing.
    05-24-17 08:51 AM
32 12