I did pay attention to the features mentioned in the OP, along with the challenge.

If you read between the lines of my reply you will note that essentially I am rejecting the challenge.

I believe that your challenge, and also the features in the OP, will be given very little attention.

The consumer market has shown that it is not too concerned with Blackberry's core values and features on its devices, hence my counter challenge. I believe that my challenge is the one that BlackBerry should be focused on.

My evidence to backup my opinion/statements is clearly indicated by the changes in Blackberry's market share, that is the clearest evidence one needs.
    Very weak by reaching into market share argument. Tim will tell on success but Priv I unique, Deny all you want. It is a great device and is getting very positive reviews on Android Central.. BlackBerry (on device side have nothing to lose) so will see... . If you read anything on here you know then the Priv is targeting Government and business to grow their software business not consumers that you assume they are doing
    11-01-15 02:58 PM
    Yes I do know that. And the fact that Priv has two keyboards just proves that at least one of them is incomplete or (in case both are complete) they are redundant. Some people may like a car with two driving wheels (with different looks and feels) but I don't think many people do so.
    Then the PKB is there as an advantage. In case if you need it. Some people write a very long email and that's one of many reasons the PKB still exist in BlackBerry devices. Indeed one of them can be act as a redundant,

but a car with two driving wheels would have the same purpose,

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-01-15 03:06 PM
    Priv no Passport yes

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    11-01-15 03:08 PM
    Apart from the PKB

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:09 PM
    Very weak by reaching into market share argument. Tim will tell on success but Priv I unique, Deny all you want. It is a great device and is getting very positive reviews on Android Central.. BlackBerry (on device side have nothing to lose) so will see... . If you read anything on here you know then the Priv is targeting Government and business to grow their software business not consumers that you assume they are doing
    True. Chen stated that is the target group to help grow Software business

Priv!!
    11-01-15 03:53 PM
    Wrong!

Didn�t you see that the priv comes with bb hub and all the other bb exclusives??
    NO RIGHT

It may have some look a like features of BB10 but they will soon be on all other Android phones as well. BUT will function like all the other Android apps and you w i l l b e m o v i n g s o s l o w.
    11-01-15 05:25 PM
    NO RIGHT

It may have some look a like features of BB10 but they will soon be on all other Android phones as well. BUT will function like all the other Android apps and you w i l l b e m o v i n g s o s l o w.
    Keep dreaming about that. Not unless Priv completely fails.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-01-15 06:37 PM
    Not arguing that Apple is a very successful consumer phone but seriously as for your comment?? BlackBerry owns over 80% of the Mobile Device Mgt market. (BES 12 and Good Technologies-now owned by BlackBerry). That is how those iPhones and Androids are secured in the corporate/gov world! Now finally BlackBerry has a phone capable of being partitioned (iPhone can't) which it always has had that capability with BB10 but now the Priv will appeal to consumers and work people that can have a work secure productive phone and toy phone all in one. Many companies of course in North America use Apple but not without back-end MDM and if they do they don't care about security.

I'm thinking you just use the toy portion.
    All BB10 phones have Balance and can be partitioned. Priv is just copying that...
    11-01-15 07:24 PM
    I'm just curious as to where I can find a 2TB card? Or even a 1TB card? A 200GB card is $200. What's a 2TB card cost, $2000 (if they existed).
    Those things come down in price. Most people do not buy their phones just for one year. Next year you may need to add a 256Gbyte or 512GByte card.
    I always put the maximum of RAM and SD memory on my laptops and phones. You do not want to use somebody else's cloud for your data. You want it safe and secure in your pocket. Besides, the sd-card is so compact, you can easily create a library of them and move them from one device to another.
    11-01-15 07:31 PM
    Those things come down in price. Most people do not buy their phones just for one year. Next year you may need to add a 256Gbyte or 512GByte card.
    I always put the maximum of RAM and SD memory on my laptops and phones. You do not want to use somebody else's cloud for your data. You want it safe and secure in your pocket. Besides, the sd-card is so compact, you can easily create a library of them and move them from one device to another.
    I'm not devaluing an sd card. I like them when they are available. It's not a deal breaker for me if the phone I'm using at any given time doesn't have one though.
    11-01-15 08:12 PM
    I'm not devaluing an sd card. I like them when they are available. It's not a deal breaker for me if the phone I'm using at any given time doesn't have one though.
    It is for me actually. I like to transfer all my pictures and videos, docs from past 8 years ish on the devices . I back up in Dropbox for insurance but I like that I don't need WiFi or network to see old pictures , videos of kids when I want 30 thousand feet in air

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-01-15 08:54 PM
    I do not think you can call Blackberry phones premium since the avg selling price of its devices is $240 ..
    Others might not be, but Priv is.
    11-01-15 09:45 PM
    How exactly was fingerprint scanners proven to be a security issue? Especially since almost every major smartphone that has been released lately has featured a fingerprint scanner proving that it is something that consumers want.
    http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=18742
    HTC phone stores fingerprints in easily accessible plaintext

Depends on the implementation.
    World readable (0666) plaintext is not the real deal, to put it mildly...

:-D

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-01-15 09:51 PM
    Just remember this phone is not targeting teenagers it is targeting businesses, professionals, and Government . Joe consumer not in above category is a secondary market for them. Any sales to them is just gravy.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    I wish folks who make this type of assertion had some factual evidence that they could cite. I strongly suspect that consumer sales are the meat potatoes and enterprise sales are the gravy.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 01:33 AM
    Yes, the Priv is unique. I'm not certain how this translates into success though. Success generally should lead to sustainability. Sustainability is 1st prize.

If you go to the blackberry-experience-suite page you'll read that most of the features that make the Priv useful will be made available cross platform so some uniqueness will be sold away. This is not a bad thing. I can have almost any device I choose. Sure I'll need BES but then so will the Priv.

As for market share being weak, I suppose thats the attitude that got BlackBerry into the trouble it is in.
    11-02-15 02:33 AM
    It is for me actually. I like to transfer all my pictures and videos, docs from past 8 years ish on the devices . I back up in Dropbox for insurance but I like that I don't need WiFi or network to see old pictures , videos of kids when I want 30 thousand feet in air

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Again I agree with you but not being able to see old pictures on a plane still isn't something that is a deal breaker for me. Its a nice convenience, but something that I could live without if I needed to.
    11-02-15 06:01 AM
    I wish folks who make this type of assertion had some factual evidence that they could cite. I strongly suspect that consumer sales are the meat potatoes and enterprise sales are the gravy.

Posted via CB10
    Well I think either way, blackberry needs to push as many units of the Priv as they can do they better be aiming this phone at everyone. Teenagers, adults, who cares, make the brand relevant again and bring back the physical keyboard to the masses.
    11-02-15 06:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Chen has publicly stated this many times about the Priv and the company itself.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-02-15 07:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would argue it's 50-50. History shows that the business executives were consumers themselves and they influenced the business decisions so that business changed too. Chen's reason to win the Business back ... is probably based on sound business reasons... but I suspect he's not declaring all his cards. I suspect what he really needs is to win over the key decision makers in the business world. And the key influencers of these executives. Will Priv tick all the necessary boxes and tickle their itch? ... I hope so, there's a lot to be gained by bringing together two strong ecosystems. To continue with your metaphor ... I hope we don't end up with bangers and mash!
    11-02-15 04:36 PM
    Chen has publicly stated this many times about the Priv and the company itself.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Ha this is just a spin.

- the Classic was demanded by Enterprise CEO's
    - the Passport would be in great demand because Enterprise will see the value of working wide
    - if you are young mobile professional or looking for a Enterprise fleet phone then the Leap is for you.

BlackBerry promotes the myth that they are making an Enterprise phone that is also attractive to consumers. This myth just white washes the truth which is that BlackBerry has not been competitive in the consumer market and that Enterprise sales are very low.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:00 PM
    Keep dreaming about that. Not unless Priv completely fails.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Sorry NOT dreaming, Androids slow down, do you think the Blackberry label will shield it from the bloat ware?
    11-03-15 11:18 PM
121 ... 345