So far it looks like a Android phone with a PKB and a Blackberry label stuck on it.
    Wrong!

Didn�t you see that the priv comes with bb hub and all the other bb exclusives??
    11-01-15 07:54 AM
    There are no 5 million spoiled rich people(BlackBerry fanboys) to buy it to meet Chen's target! If yes, then BlackBerry would have succeeded long before. BlackBerry's marketing(BS) has not even reached 100,000 people, so how would they expect to sell 5 million of them? . It's just CB members who have pre-ordered from shopBB.
    I don't need/want an android smartphone. I still love BlackBerry 10 OS and Q10, and I still have not found it outdated enough to upgrade to a new one, even though am using a 3 year old phone, Q10, which I got just 1 year back, after selling my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think there isn't over 5million Android users who have the disposable income to pay CDN$900? Where do you suppose the previous BlackBerry users disappeared to? Do you think some of them will not want give Priv another chance, now that it's powered by Android OS? "Nostalgia effect" may just be one of the unspoken surprises.

Let's wait and see how the phone does after 6 months of being on the market.
    11-01-15 07:57 AM
    There are no 5 million spoiled rich people(BlackBerry fanboys) to buy it to meet Chen's target! If yes, then BlackBerry would have succeeded long before. BlackBerry's marketing(BS) has not even reached 100,000 people, so how would they expect to sell 5 million of them? . It's just CB members who have pre-ordered from shopBB.
    I don't need/want an android smartphone. I still love BlackBerry 10 OS and Q10, and I still have not found it outdated enough to upgrade to a new one, even though am using a 3 year old phone, Q10, which I got just 1 year back, after selling my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Don't resent people that see value and willing to pay whether they can easily afford or not. Many on here I am sure are stretching themselves to buy Priv as do the same people that but Samsung or iPhone.
    You really come across jealous calling BlackBerry fans spoiled and rich. Two things you have no proof about. Don't Assume...

From my Z-30 w/ Google Play Store
    11-01-15 08:23 AM
    I'm too poor to buy cheap.

Priv, Lumia 950XL, or LG V10--they're all on my end of year radar.
    11-01-15 08:54 AM
    Yeah its a real pain clicking "add attachment" and then clicking the file you want out of the cloud.
    It's sh*t.
    I for one don't like my stuff saved in a cloud, I want it on my device only and need to access it locally only.
    Icloud is the first thing I disable on all the iOs devices I own and that will never change.
    Plus having to have Internet access for Cloud access and syncing is a pain in the ***, especially when travelling with roaming charges or hotels / resorts that have spotty WiFi coverage.
    The only useful feature of cloud drives for me is when sharing huge pdf's / files for work that are too big to email with people.
    And even then, Google Drive is my company's service.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:55 AM
    Find me another premium android phone with pkb, I'll throw another $699 on you.
    I do not think you can call Blackberry phones premium since the avg selling price of its devices is $240 ..
    11-01-15 10:53 AM
    8 years late if so. Welcome to 2008. VKB still sucks and integration to other apps. Saying that. Welcome to 2008 for apps BlackBerry.

I have to see to believe the doc attachment on reply emails. Does it have device storage file mgt?

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    and welcome to you to 2007 to have a decent camera on the phone and to 2013 to have a 64 bit cpu
    11-01-15 10:58 AM
    How is the PKB without a complete layout??? You want to have F1-F12 control and canc and dell on a phone??

Posted via CB10
    And printscreen.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    11-01-15 10:58 AM
    Just remember this phone is not targeting teenagers it is targeting businesses, professionals, and Government . Joe consumer not in above category is a secondary market for them. Any sales to them is just gravy.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    sorry to break it to you but the business and enterprise are owned by Apple..I did not know teenagers run all those companies..but keep going bashing the successful biz and by all means buy another BB phone who no one outside this forum will ever buy
    jevinzac and MO3iusONE like this.
    11-01-15 11:07 AM
    and welcome to you to 2007 to have a decent camera on the phone and to 2013 to have a 64 bit cpu
    Decent rear camera*

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:18 AM
    I challenge anyone on here to show a phone that has same Security and Productivity capabilities as the Priv. Let's say specs are equal to other devices but here are the differences
    I challenge you to make me care about this unique stuff enough for me to spend my money on it over the plethora of alternatives available.

Enjoy your Priv.
    11-01-15 11:18 AM
    Do you think there isn't over 5million Android users who have the disposable income to pay CDN$900? Where do you suppose the previous BlackBerry users disappeared to? Do you think some of them will not want give Priv another chance, now that it's powered by Android OS? "Nostalgia effect" may just be one of the unspoken surprises.

Let's wait and see how the phone does after 6 months of being on the market.
    I don't think there are 100k+ existing android users who are willing to try out BlackBerry. Previous users disappeared into the crowd with much better after sales support and they are not coming back.
    Giving Priv another chance after that stupid Chen had told he'd discontinue the H/W business if this phone is a fail?!, great way to sell a smartphone, isn't it? With all previous releases from BlackBerry becoming a total fail, what would people expect? BlackBerry had always let people down, with the PlayBook issue, killing BB10, etc etc.

The only way to sell this phone, is by marketing the hell out. Promising future support and faster updates, and improving their service centres. Apple is the best in terms of after sales support, you have any problem, they replace the product, or if not under warranty, get a new phone for half the price.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:24 AM
    I do not think you can call Blackberry phones premium since the avg selling price of its devices is $240 ..
    Talking about how the PRIV not any other BlackBerry.
    11-01-15 11:49 AM
    I challenge you to make me care about this unique stuff enough for me to spend my money on it over the plethora of alternatives available.

Enjoy your Priv.
    Which device has all the functionality features of Priv mentioned in original post? Don't deny without at least providing evidence to back up your blanket statement. Again. Pay attention to features on original post. That's what I was referring to. NO other Android can offer that.
    11-01-15 11:52 AM
    sorry to break it to you but the business and enterprise are owned by Apple..I did not know teenagers run all those companies..but keep going bashing the successful biz and by all means buy another BB phone who no one outside this forum will ever buy
    Not arguing that Apple is a very successful consumer phone but seriously as for your comment?? BlackBerry owns over 80% of the Mobile Device Mgt market. (BES 12 and Good Technologies-now owned by BlackBerry). That is how those iPhones and Androids are secured in the corporate/gov world! Now finally BlackBerry has a phone capable of being partitioned (iPhone can't) which it always has had that capability with BB10 but now the Priv will appeal to consumers and work people that can have a work secure productive phone and toy phone all in one. Many companies of course in North America use Apple but not without back-end MDM and if they do they don't care about security.

I'm thinking you just use the toy portion.
    Last edited by JaredP_CGY; 11-01-15 at 12:38 PM.
    11-01-15 12:03 PM
    And printscreen.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    Not PrtSc. See my previous post.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-01-15 01:11 PM
    It's sh*t.
    I for one don't like my stuff saved in a cloud, I want it on my device only and need to access it locally only.
    Icloud is the first thing I disable on all the iOs devices I own and that will never change.
    Plus having to have Internet access for Cloud access and syncing is a pain in the ***, especially when travelling with roaming charges or hotels / resorts that have spotty WiFi coverage.
    The only useful feature of cloud drives for me is when sharing huge pdf's / files for work that are too big to email with people.
    And even then, Google Drive is my company's service.

Posted via CB10
    You realize you can save stuff directly on the device and not in the cloud if you choose to right?
    11-01-15 01:55 PM
    You realize you can save stuff directly on the device and not in the cloud if you choose to right?
    Saving stuff to the cloud has its advantages. Just the other day I was moving out of a house since I just bought a new one and the landlord was doing her final inspection.

I started going through my Google photos (photos automatically get uploaded to it through WiFi) so I was able to go back a year and a half when I took pictures of some cracked floor tiles and some scuffed up walls just in case the landlord tried to pin the blame on me.

I change phones a lot so it's nice to have a place that stores all my photos.

I also have pictures stored on there from over 3 years ago while I was in Korea and Europe.

Cloud is good.
    11-01-15 01:58 PM
    I am waiting to see the priv review posted by the BB10 users . If they found same battery life as BB10, then only I can say, priv is unique.
    11-01-15 02:01 PM
    Saving stuff to the cloud has its advantages. Just the other day I was moving out of a house since I just bought a new one and the landlord was doing her final inspection.

I started going through my Google photos (photos automatically get uploaded to it through WiFi) so I was able to go back a year and a half when I took pictures of some cracked floor tiles and some scuffed up walls just in case the landlord tried to pin the blame on me.

I change phones a lot so it's nice to have a place that stores all my photos.

I also have pictures stored on there from over 3 years ago while I was in Korea and Europe.

Cloud is good.
    I agree with you but since Blackberry doesn't offer any type of cloud based solution themselves there are people in here who will always argue that anything in the Cloud is bad. As soon as Blackberry comes out with Blackberry Cloud service the cloud will be the best thing ever.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-01-15 02:01 PM
    I agree with you but since Blackberry doesn't offer any type of cloud based solution themselves there are people in here who will always argue that anything in the Cloud is bad. As soon as Blackberry comes out with Blackberry Cloud service the cloud will be the best thing ever.
    Directly at Apple users mainly not you. I use Dropbox for insurance to back all documents and pictures up as do many BlackBerry users.. Unless you file share like many small businesses do then using cloud services is a pain and you need a network (mainly WiFi) to use... I store on device because it is quick , no WiFi needed.. and on BlackBerry 10 fully integrated to email, calendar, pictures etc. From what I'm reading on Priv as well.
    This works well when you can expand memory which you can't on iPhone unless you want to pay. No choice for iPhone users but to pay if you run out of memory.
    I don't need Dropbox, I don't need to pay but iPhone users do once memory is gone on device and limit exceeded on iCloud. Then what? Another cloud service? What is pain. Priv has capabilities to store 2 Terabytes. What is max for iPhone (128gb) 10gb in iCloud before paying?
    Apple has heavy doc users by the nuts. $$$
    11-01-15 02:28 PM
    No true. I use Dropbox for insurance to back all documents and pictures up as do many BlackBerry users.. Unless you file share like many small businesses do then using cloud services is a pain and you need a network (mainly WiFi) to use... I store on device because it is quick , no WiFi needed.. and on BlackBerry 10 fully integrated to email, calendar, pictures etc. From what I'm reading on Priv as well.
    This works well when you can expand memory which you can't on iPhone unless you want to pay. No choice for iPhone users but to pay if you run out of memory.
    I don't need Dropbox, I don't need to pay but iPhone users do once memory is gone on device and limit exceeded on iCloud. Then what? Another cloud service? What is pain. Priv has capabilities to store 2 Terabytes. What is max for iPhone (128gb) 10gb in iCloud before paying?
    Apple has heavy doc users by the nuts. $$$
    Lol, let me know when a 2TB card is released and how much one costs.
    11-01-15 02:37 PM
    Lol, let me know when a 2TB card is released and how much one costs.
    Can still add a 128gb or more for cheap. Nice defense though on being forced to pay iCloud for extra memory on monthly basis.
    Priv gives you choice. IPhone and Samsung do not.
    11-01-15 02:41 PM
    Can still add a 128gb or more for cheap. Nice defense though on being forced forced pay iCloud for memory on monthly basis.
    Priv gives you choice. IPhone and Samsung do not.
    I'm just curious as to where I can find a 2TB card? Or even a 1TB card? A 200GB card is $200. What's a 2TB card cost, $2000 (if they existed).
    11-01-15 02:46 PM
    Which device has all the functionality features of Priv mentioned in original post? Don't deny without at least providing evidence to back up your blanket statement. Again. Pay attention to features on original post. That's what I was referring to. NO other Android can offer that.
    I did pay attention to the features mentioned in the OP, along with the challenge.

If you read between the lines of my reply you will note that essentially I am rejecting the challenge.

I believe that your challenge, and also the features in the OP, will be given very little attention.

The consumer market has shown that it is not too concerned with Blackberry's core values and features on its devices, hence my counter challenge. I believe that my challenge is the one that BlackBerry should be focused on.

My evidence to backup my opinion/statements is clearly indicated by the changes in Blackberry's market share, that is the clearest evidence one needs.
    11-01-15 02:48 PM
121 ... 2345