Show me a "reply email". That's what I mentioned not a new original one. And not from icloud!

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    iOS app by default save things iCloud Drive and locally on the device itself, let use Pages as an example. The Pages app would create a Pages folder in iCloud Drive, and the document you create in Pages will save in that Folder. Microsoft Office as another example, you have to option to save to both iCloud and OneDrive, in which case, OneDrive (and other cloud providers) is an option to attach a document from as shown in the pictures. You have the option to use any cloud storage option you have installed on your iPhone.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv is Unique!   No?-img_2575.jpg   Priv is Unique!   No?-img_2576.jpg   Priv is Unique!   No?-img_2577.jpg   Priv is Unique!   No?-img_2578.jpg   Priv is Unique!   No?-img_2579.jpg  

Priv is Unique!   No?-img_2580.jpg  
    dusanvn likes this.
    10-31-15 11:33 AM
    Most flagship smartphones have fingerprint scanning, now. You can come up with all sorts of reasons why you wouldn't want to use it but the fact is that most people who have used it on their smartphone will never go back to passcode-only. So, I agree that the Priv is unique among new flagship smartphones in that it doesn't offer it.
    Fingerprint scanning has proven to a security issue and a waist of space making the hardware larger than it needs to be. It is convenient but a huge selling point.
    I had a iPhone 6 for months and liked the scanner but I hated the phone and went back to Z30 with no scanner.
    Not a selling point for me. Productivity and apps are

10-31-15 11:35 AM
    Just remember this phone is not targeting teenagers it is targeting businesses, professionals, and Government . Joe consumer not in above category is a secondary market for them. Any sales to them is just gravy.

No it isnt for Government. Well not all Governments anyway.
    UK Governement is still committed to BB10 and there's no way they'll be adopting the Priv.

Also keep in mind that the majority of business phones tend to be cheaper devices with only high level execs going for premium ones
    neoberry99 and dusanvn like this.
    10-31-15 11:39 AM
    Fingerprint scanning has proven to a security issue and a waist of space making the hardware larger than it needs to be. It is convenient but a huge selling point.
    I had a iPhone 6 for months and liked the scanner but I hated the phone and went back to Z30 with no scanner.
    Not a selling point for me. Productivity and apps are

How exactly was fingerprint scanners proven to be a security issue? Especially since almost every major smartphone that has been released lately has featured a fingerprint scanner proving that it is something that consumers want.
    10-31-15 11:46 AM
    No it isnt for Government. Well not all Governments anyway.
    UK Governement is still committed to BB10 and there's no way they'll be adopting the Priv.

Also keep in mind that the majority of business phones tend to be cheaper devices with only high level execs going for premium ones
    All right you know BlackBerry's marketing strategy and business strategy, I don't.

10-31-15 11:53 AM
    How exactly was fingerprint scanners proven to be a security issue? Especially since almost every major smartphone that has been released lately has featured a fingerprint scanner proving that it is something that consumers want.
    Not this consumer and many others I know. Again great feature that saves maybe 1 second if that, but it takes up a lot of hardware room. (see iPhone 6s Plus compared to Priv). It is not any more secure than picture password or simple numeric password ...

10-31-15 12:01 PM
    Not this consumer and many others I know. Again great feature that saves maybe 1 second if that, but it takes up a lot of hardware room. (see iPhone 6s Plus compared to Priv). It is not any more secure than picture password or simple numeric password ...

And because you or some of your friends don't want it, that equals the rest of the market not wanting a fingerprint scanner? All the best selling phones on the market feature a fingerprint scanner, not saying they sell so well because of it, I am simply saying fingerprint scanners have become a default feature on smartphone that consumers expect. But all that is beside the point, you didnt answer my question, you said fingerprint sensors on smartphone pose a security issue, okay how so?
    10-31-15 12:12 PM
    And because you or some of your friends don't want it, that equals the rest of the market not wanting a fingerprint scanner? All the best selling phones on the market feature a fingerprint scanner, not saying they sell so well because of it, I am simply saying fingerprint scanners have become a default feature on smartphone that consumers expect. But all that is beside the point, you didnt answer my question, you said fingerprint sensors on smartphone pose a security issue, okay how so?
    A simple Google search would have helped you understand that phones that have scanners are vulnerable. Here are a couple articles :

http://uk.businessinsider.com/androi...ilities-2015-8

http://www.cnet.com/news/is-samsungs...secure-enough/

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:21 PM
    I'm guessing that buyers who are considering the Priv aren't going to be too size conscious. And, based on your example, someone might hate iOS but like Android enough to buy the Priv. However, if they find fingerprint scanning convenient like you did then there are plenty of flagship Android devices that have it.

Fingerprint scanning is also integrated into the login process of most major communications and financial apps so people who desire more security are much better off preventing anyone who handles or borrows their phone from opening any app they wish. Locking each of these apps with additional passcodes means dozens of logins per day.
    Last edited by early2bed; 10-31-15 at 12:43 PM.
    10-31-15 12:31 PM
    What a ridiculous analogy, then that's like saying there should be only one pilot flying a plane. Or only apples to eat and no oranges. I like choice and I'm sure others do as well.
    The PKB are for those that write long emails, professional composed emails or other long but need to be perfect notes. . Many people like my wife had a Bold for years, went to an iPhone 6 and actually stuck it out for 3 months but the auto correct and Crappy VKB was taking forever to draft emails. Thus, iPhone was dumped and for many other reasons as well.
    Having both is great, VKB where you can send quick notes and PKB for people that really like a tactile keyboard. VKB does always take longer because of fat fingers. Saying that BlackBerry VKB is the best out there today.
    I like choice too. And I, too, like PKB. From my Passport Silver Edition I can write a meaningful email or post, which is something I could only dream of on my past (all-touch) phones. VKBs are fine for many people, but not for me. So, PKB and VKB are good choices for _different_ users.

And that's exactly why I'm disappointed for a VKB on a PKB phone. What the hell it does there besides occupying screen real estate or proving that the PKB is not complete? Using your perfect analogy, why does your wife supposed to pick (and to pay for) both oranges and apples while she likes either oranges or apples but not both?
    10-31-15 12:33 PM
    I like choice too. And I, too, like PKB. From my Passport Silver Edition I can write a meaningful email or post, which is something I could only dream of on my past (all-touch) phones. VKBs are fine for many people, but not for me. So, PKB and VKB are good choices for _different_ users.

And that's exactly why I'm disappointed for a VKB on a PKB phone. What the hell it does there besides occupying screen real estate or proving that the PKB is not complete? Using your perfect analogy, why does your wife supposed to pick (and to pay for) both oranges and apples while she likes either oranges or apples but not both?
    She went Classic. That's the answer and no going back to VKB unless forced..

From my Z-30
    10-31-15 12:35 PM
    As someone who has been using an Android phone with a BB for the last five years and who has yet to use an Android phone (or any phone really) that meets all of my needs, I think it is not so much about what is 'unique' about the Priv over other Android phones, but does it offer more of what people want in a single phone.

Example being, for me at least, some of what I need in a smartphone in no particular order:

- Feels good in the hand, well built.
    - Good signal strength (keeps a signal inside buildings)
    - Call quality (clear and easy to understand each other)
    - Email management (I have 8 email accounts some EAS, some Google)
    - Screen is bright enough to be read in sunlight
    - Enough storage, 64GB onboard or microSD
    - Battery live to get me through at least 6-8 hours of SOT.
    - Good to type on.
    - Good camera.
    - OS skin (on Android at least)
    - Fast and fluid feeling (no lag)
    - Gives me the apps I need.
    - Price (more or less)

Right of the bat, this excludes a lot of Android handsets for me.
    - Sony Z series for example is one I've tried and I really didn't like the ergonomics among other things and the latest seems to have build quality issues so that excludes Sony.
    - Galaxy S6 doesn't have microSD and the higher onboard memory versions are pricier. Plus I hate TouchWiz even if it is getting better. If I remember correctly, battery life isn't that great either so that excludes all Samsung phones.
    - I have not used any phone that is able to hold a signal as well as a BB, nor tried any that has as good of call quality as a BB (Sony, Samsung, OnePlus all aren't as good in this regard). I have no experience with the later iPhones but I know up to at least the iPhone 5, it was not as good as BB. I still haven't tried HTC though and the Moto G I've tried I think was better than my OnePlus, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, and Galaxy S2 I've owned..
    - The Nexus 5 (1st gen) was a great phone for me in many ways but I'd be lucky to get 3 hours SOT which was just pathetic and the newer Nexus phones have enough limitations (price, storage options, etc.) that I've excluded them.
    - I haven't tried a single Android app that offers email as good as it does on BB and I'm reduced to using multiple apps to replicate what BB does in a single step. This alone would justify the Priv if it can replicate BB email functionality.

Now this isn't to say that BB10 offers all of what I want either. There are two deficits right off the bat with the camera and the app situation but my point being even if the Priv didn't have a hardware keyboard, if it excels at the other areas, at least for me that makes it 'unique' enough that I'd get one as it would already be better than the other Android phones even without the keyboard.

Unfortunately, at the price of the Priv, I'll have to wait for a sale or something to be able to buy it. But I'm looking forward to having just one phone to fully meet my needs (if the Priv can deliver on everything that is...).
    A very good summary.
    I would add multitasking as a MUST to the list.
    10-31-15 12:54 PM
    She went Classic. That's the answer and no going back to VKB unless forced..
    Similarly, I went Passport. There's still a virtual keypad which is not something BlackBerry can be proud of, but at least it's there for a reason, to address two major problems of the PKB: incompleteness and inflexibility.
    10-31-15 01:10 PM
    Again, so not integrated file mgt. Not an app on BB10. Also cloud storage of any kind is a pain to grab file for reply email.

Yeah its a real pain clicking "add attachment" and then clicking the file you want out of the cloud.
    10-31-15 03:06 PM
    Yeah its a real pain clicking "add attachment" and then clicking the file you want out of the cloud.
    Until apparently iOs 9 you could not attach a doc to a reply email cloud or otherwise. For personal docs I would rather not have in iCloud for obvious reasons.
    Apple was 8 years behind on this capability.

From my Z-30
    acovey likes this.
    10-31-15 03:10 PM
    Until apparently iOs 9 you could not attach a doc to a reply email cloud or otherwise. For personal docs I would rather not have in iCloud for obvious reasons.
    Apple was 8 years behind on this capability.

From my Z-30
    The typical "For obvious reasons" answer. Ok, sounds good. Why does it matter that iOS was 8 years behind? Blackberry was 6 years behind releasing a modern OS and are now 7 years behind in releasing an Android phone so I guess thats a huge negative against them.
    10-31-15 03:14 PM
    The typical "For obvious reasons" answer. Ok, sounds good. Why does it matter that iOS was 8 years behind? Blackberry was 6 years behind releasing a modern OS and are now 7 years behind in releasing an Android phone so I guess thats a huge negative against them.
    Okay, you like iPhone and I don't. ICloud has in the last year been hacked easily and you know that. Apple now has a 8 year old OS that has barley had any changes to it. BB10 is a superior OS but unfortunately didn't have the Apps for it to sell well.
    Bringing BlackBerry Experience into the Priv is best of both worlds.
    Regardless, for Productivity and typing there is no comparison on VKB not to mention PKB.
    My argument was the lack of ease it was to be quick and productive on a iPhone. Hey, I use a iPad Mini with iOs 9 but it is more a toy than a business tool.

From my Z-30
    10-31-15 03:25 PM
    Okay, you like iPhone and I don't. ICloud has in the last year been hacked easily and you know that. Apple now has a 8 year old OS that has barley had any changes to it. BB10 is a superior OS but unfortunately didn't have the Apps for it to sell well.
    Bringing BlackBerry Experience into the Priv is best of both worlds.
    Regardless, for Productivity and typing there is no comparison on VKB not to mention PKB.
    My argument was the lack of ease it was to be quick and productive on a iPhone. Hey, I use a iPad Mini with iOs 9 but it is more a toy than a business tool.

From my Z-30
    Actually iCloud wasn't hacked. Celebrities user names and passwords were hacked.
    10-31-15 03:27 PM
    And who holds that information? ICloud. Ugg
    A quick Google search will show you this continues to happen.
    For the record I work in the Identity and Access security business so I'm well aware of why it's important to have a secure password and data base security on top of that.

From my Z-30
    10-31-15 03:31 PM
    Just my assumption, since BlackBerry already moved some apps and updates to skype app to Amazon Appstore, my guess is that other BB10 apps devs are probably working on making their apps and updates available via Amazon appstore as well. You can download Amazon appstore easily on any android phone. Do you have to pay for the apps again or keep your original purchase from BlackBerry World, I just don't know but I hope the devs can make a compromise their users somehow.

Edit: wrong thread... sorry

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:05 PM
    Priv is Unique it's it own way, and people who want this uniqueness, are a niche! So it's not a success story for BlackBerry.
    All phones have its uniqueness. Priv could have justified it's price tag, if it didn't have the name "BlackBerry" behind it, but "Apple" or "Samsung" or "LG" or "Sony". A tarnished name is all it takes to ruin a completely awesome products' reputation.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jevinzac; 11-01-15 at 02:09 AM.
    10-31-15 11:43 PM
    All right you know BlackBerry's marketing strategy and business strategy, I don't.

No i know my Governments strategy for mobile devices, as does Blackberry
    dusanvn likes this.
    11-01-15 02:09 AM
    Just my assumption, since BlackBerry already moved some apps and updates to skype app to Amazon Appstore, my guess is that other BB10 apps devs are probably working on making their apps and updates available via Amazon appstore as well. You can download Amazon appstore easily on any android phone. Do you have to pay for the apps again or keep your original purchase from BlackBerry World, I just don't know but I hope the devs can make a compromise their users somehow.

Edit: wrong thread... sorry

Posted via CB10
    Although you have to compromise the security by turning on - 'allow third party installs' (or whatever the wording is...)
    11-01-15 03:31 AM
    Priv is Unique it's it own way, and people who want this uniqueness, are a niche! So it's not a success story for BlackBerry.
    All phones have its uniqueness. Priv could have justified it's price tag, if it didn't have the name "BlackBerry" behind it, but "Apple" or "Samsung" or "LG" or "Sony". A tarnished name is all it takes to ruin a completely awesome products' reputation.

Posted via CB10
    The price tag is justified; it's only people who can't afford it that can't justify the price tag. I can afford to buy any phone but I choose to buy BB phones because BB makes quality devices IMHO.

By the way, they are a lot of "broke-***" and welfare recipients that buy Apple and Samsung because they wanna-be. So please, easy off on this tarnished name shenanigan.
    11-01-15 07:06 AM
    The price tag is justified; it's only people who can't afford it that can't justify the price tag. I can afford to buy any phone but I choose to buy BB phones because BB makes quality devices IMHO.

By the way, they are a lot of "broke-***" and welfare recipients that buy Apple and Samsung because they wanna-be. So please, easy off on this tarnished name shenanigan.
    There are no 5 million spoiled rich people(BlackBerry fanboys) to buy it to meet Chen's target! If yes, then BlackBerry would have succeeded long before. BlackBerry's marketing(BS) has not even reached 100,000 people, so how would they expect to sell 5 million of them? . It's just CB members who have pre-ordered from shopBB.
    I don't need/want an android smartphone. I still love BlackBerry 10 OS and Q10, and I still have not found it outdated enough to upgrade to a new one, even though am using a 3 year old phone, Q10, which I got just 1 year back, after selling my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jevinzac; 11-01-15 at 07:43 AM.
    acovey likes this.
    11-01-15 07:21 AM
121 12345