I challenge anyone on here to show a phone that has same Security and Productivity capabilities as the Priv. Let's say specs are equal to other devices but here are the differences :

Unique differences
    1. Slide out Keyboard plus best VKB (swipe up)
    2. BlackBerry Productivity Suite (email, calendar, file mgt, Hub, etc). By far the best integrated Suite
    3. Built in encryption into hardware
    4. BlackBerry Balance for Business / Gov.. This means you can partition device into a business phone and personal fun phone. Along with BES12

Is this worth $100-200 extra? I would actually pay more after my 3 months with a iPhone 6, I stepped on it!

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 10:45 AM
    Physical keyboards are less flexible than virtual keyboards, so they are less valuable except PKB with complete layout, which is not the case of the Priv. The Productivity Suite is good, but its equivalents in IOS/stock Android/Windows are completely acceptable. I see no advantage of hardware encryption (as opposed to software encryption). And for security partitioning, I think Priv is less secure than Knox.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    idhbar and Yertie like this.
    10-30-15 11:03 AM
    Physical keyboards are less flexible than virtual keyboards, so they are less valuable except PKB with complete layout, which is not the case of the Priv. The Productivity Suite is good, but its equivalents in IOS/stock Android/Windows are completely acceptable. I see no advantage of hardware encryption (as opposed to software encryption). And for security partitioning, I think Priv is less secure than Knox.

How is the PKB without a complete layout??? You want to have F1-F12 control and canc and dell on a phone??

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:14 AM
    Find me another premium android phone with pkb, I'll throw another $699 on you.
    10-30-15 11:17 AM
    experience suite should be available to all android actually including virtual keyboard i would guess. Same with BB balance/google for work technically.

So yes the slide out keyboard is unique for sure. And some of the hardware security would be as well.
    10-30-15 11:18 AM
    experience suite should be available to all android actually including virtual keyboard i would guess. Same with BB balance/google for work technically.

So yes the slide out keyboard is unique for sure. And some of the hardware security would be as well.
    Not for a very very long time. Only if Priv fails which is doubtful

10-30-15 11:19 AM

Advantages of hardware encryption built into the device is do something like jailbreaking a device doesn't happen for which I'm sad to say has happen to Apple and iOS9 already. Can't jailbreak the OS or Root if the hardware doesn't allow you to even try.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-30-15 11:21 AM

I completely disagree about iOs. On Apple mail you can't attach a document to a reply email from a file stored on device or elsewhere. You have to create new email to send that document requested from boss, client, or whomever. Also not integrated between calendar and email that well. No device file mgt on Apple. I could go on and on.

nick13b and to boldly go like this.
    10-30-15 11:24 AM
    Not for a very very long time. Only if Priv fails which is doubtful

They announced the experience suite even before the priv. I am sure they plan to release it very soon as a packaged deal for a fee. I dont think the suite has anything to do with the priv success or failure
    10-30-15 11:47 AM
    How is the PKB without a complete layout??? You want to have F1-F12 control and canc and dell on a phone??

Posted via CB10
    If it had a three row keyboard then that would of been a bummer.. But this is full on keyboard.. Like the treos, Pre's, and other blackberry devices
    10-30-15 01:41 PM

Priv is Unique!   No?-63203778.jpg
    Spinal, wincyUt, sanjk1 and 11 others like this.
    10-30-15 02:19 PM
    As someone who has been using an Android phone with a BB for the last five years and who has yet to use an Android phone (or any phone really) that meets all of my needs, I think it is not so much about what is 'unique' about the Priv over other Android phones, but does it offer more of what people want in a single phone.

Example being, for me at least, some of what I need in a smartphone in no particular order:

- Feels good in the hand, well built.
    - Good signal strength (keeps a signal inside buildings)
    - Call quality (clear and easy to understand each other)
    - Email management (I have 8 email accounts some EAS, some Google)
    - Screen is bright enough to be read in sunlight
    - Enough storage, 64GB onboard or microSD
    - Battery live to get me through at least 6-8 hours of SOT.
    - Good to type on.
    - Good camera.
    - OS skin (on Android at least)
    - Fast and fluid feeling (no lag)
    - Gives me the apps I need.
    - Price (more or less)

Right of the bat, this excludes a lot of Android handsets for me.
    - Sony Z series for example is one I've tried and I really didn't like the ergonomics among other things and the latest seems to have build quality issues so that excludes Sony.
    - Galaxy S6 doesn't have microSD and the higher onboard memory versions are pricier. Plus I hate TouchWiz even if it is getting better. If I remember correctly, battery life isn't that great either so that excludes all Samsung phones.
    - I have not used any phone that is able to hold a signal as well as a BB, nor tried any that has as good of call quality as a BB (Sony, Samsung, OnePlus all aren't as good in this regard). I have no experience with the later iPhones but I know up to at least the iPhone 5, it was not as good as BB. I still haven't tried HTC though and the Moto G I've tried I think was better than my OnePlus, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, and Galaxy S2 I've owned..
    - The Nexus 5 (1st gen) was a great phone for me in many ways but I'd be lucky to get 3 hours SOT which was just pathetic and the newer Nexus phones have enough limitations (price, storage options, etc.) that I've excluded them.
    - I haven't tried a single Android app that offers email as good as it does on BB and I'm reduced to using multiple apps to replicate what BB does in a single step. This alone would justify the Priv if it can replicate BB email functionality.

Now this isn't to say that BB10 offers all of what I want either. There are two deficits right off the bat with the camera and the app situation but my point being even if the Priv didn't have a hardware keyboard, if it excels at the other areas, at least for me that makes it 'unique' enough that I'd get one as it would already be better than the other Android phones even without the keyboard.

Unfortunately, at the price of the Priv, I'll have to wait for a sale or something to be able to buy it. But I'm looking forward to having just one phone to fully meet my needs (if the Priv can deliver on everything that is...).
    wincyUt, dusanvn, nick13b and 2 others like this.
    10-30-15 03:02 PM
    All OEMs bundle software - a lot of users just see that stuff as bloat.

It all comes to the keyboard - either users see some benefit in that and will take a chance on BBRY or they don't and they will not.

(all things being equal - it does look like there are very limited carrier partners and virtually nothing spend on marketing).
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-30-15 03:11 PM
    Akeyboard.

(if the Priv can deliver on everything that is...).
    Thank you so much for taking time and effort to write that!!

I'm very positive that Priv will deliver and updates to BlackBerry apps will be sooner or OTA if not via the store rather than waiting for carrier's one and I'm sure it will get better as you go

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 04:03 PM
    All OEMs bundle software - a lot of users just see that stuff as bloat.

It all comes to the keyboard - either users see some benefit in that and will take a chance on BBRY or they don't and they will not.

(all things being equal - it does look like there are very limited carrier partners and virtually nothing spend on marketing).
    I wonder how many android users who buy a Priv will run it as Blackberry intended or will choose to run it as an android device with their former android set up because they want the PKB?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sergiocosta and sergiocosta like this.
    10-30-15 04:38 PM
    I wonder how many android users who buy a Priv will run it as Blackberry intended or will choose to run it as an android device with their former android set up because they want the PKB?

At best we can guess - the vast majority of users never alter or try to alter their devices - its people on sites like this that try to root and remove stuff. Having said that - as far as I can tell you can ignore pretty much all of the blackberry software. It might well be as on other android devices you can disable it and it would vanish from the app picker - that would give a very stock looking experience given how little BBRY have actually done.
    acovey likes this.
    10-30-15 04:48 PM
    It's not just "best VKB (swipe up)". The physical keyboard also has swipe up, if that's how you want to use it. It's a full on touch pad, which really rocks.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-30-15 07:41 PM
    To be faIr, you don't know what the ergonomics of the Priv will be and you don't know how well it will hold onto a signal.

Don't assume anything. Just because it says BB on it, doesn't mean it has anything in common in that regard with other BB hardware.
    10-30-15 07:44 PM

Quite likely, me.

Although, one thing Android sucks at is calendar integration with conference calling. And notes.
    10-30-15 07:45 PM
    I completely disagree about iOs. On Apple mail you can't attach a document to a reply email from a file stored on device or elsewhere. You have to create new email to send that document requested from boss, client, or whomever. Also not integrated between calendar and email that well. No device file mgt on Apple. I could go on and on.

Yes you can on iOS 9.
    10-30-15 08:12 PM
    Advantages of hardware encryption built into the device is do something like jailbreaking a device doesn't happen for which I'm sad to say has happen to Apple and iOS9 already. Can't jailbreak the OS or Root if the hardware doesn't allow you to even try.
    If you root a standard Android or iPhone, is it possible to bypass encryption? What is the largest danger of having a phone that can be rooted?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 08:25 PM
    Yes you can on iOS 9.
    8 years late if so. Welcome to 2008. VKB still sucks and integration to other apps. Saying that. Welcome to 2008 for apps BlackBerry.

I have to see to believe the doc attachment on reply emails. Does it have device storage file mgt?

10-30-15 08:46 PM
    8 years late if so. Welcome to 2008. VKB still sucks and integration to other apps. Saying that. Welcome to 2008 for apps BlackBerry.

I have to see to believe the doc attachment on reply emails. Does it have device storage file mgt?

Yes it has device storage if you use a device storage app, or you can just use cloud based storage to do it.
    10-30-15 08:47 PM
    Did you mean "Priv is unique? No!"

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075, dusanvn and acovey like this.
    10-30-15 09:28 PM
    Yes it has device storage if you use a device storage app, or you can just use cloud based storage to do it.
    Again, so not integrated file mgt. Not an app on BB10. Also cloud storage of any kind is a pain to grab file for reply email.

10-30-15 10:46 PM
121 123 ...