Just thought I'd give a little heads up regarding my experience with the Priv here in the UK.

I had a little issue with mine, the bottom left of the screen, along the rail of the sliding mechanism presses in slightly, a minor niggle, but exceptionally annoying when it clicks every time you want to press the bottom right hand corner of the screen (which happens a lot because thats where the send button is).

Anyway, I bought it through Carphone Warehouse so took it to my local store who said they couldn't tell me if it was the norm because my Priv was the first one they'd ever seen. They were pretty intrigued by the phone though and had a little play around with it.

So off I went and for the next couple of days the pushing in continued to annoy me, so I took it to my other Carphone Warehouse store. Now when I pulled my Priv out in this one, the first thing I was asked is "Why the hell did you buy one of those?". This store actually did have 2 Priv's, but unfortunately for BlackBerry, they were locked away in the back and nobody would have been any the wiser they were selling them.

I asked if they'd sold any and the guy told me that he'd been working in the store for 7 months and he'd never had one person ask about any BlackBerry phone, apart from the day I came in when he said he'd had one other guy ask about a Priv and somebody ask about the Classic.

So after showing them my problem, I was fobbed off with "oh its a sliding mechanism so these things will happen over time". He seemed unfazed when I told him I'd only had it 4 days so wear and tear on the slider was pretty unlikely.

Yeah, so not the best news from my experience that the Exclusive seller of Priv's in the UK isn't even displaying them in the shops I went to and as for the problem with my slider, well I'm going to give it another couple of weeks and then I'm going to get it swapped for another one as I've got 30 days.
    11-15-15 05:36 AM
    I went into CPW yesterday to swap my handset and they did it straight away. The guy said 'well the other one might be the same'. and i just said 'I appreciate your concern but the build quality isn't good enough for the money I paid and would really appreciate it if i could swap the handset'. so it got swapped. Now I have that whiney camera noise though :'( I may go back on monday, 3rd time lucky!
    11-15-15 05:43 AM
    I got mine online from cpw because blackberry shop couldn't manage to deliver it! If it's not right, insist it is swapped. I like mine a lot. Not happy that cpw got the version without wireless charging but hey Ho.
    I do laugh at existing blackberry users slagging off android, but from what I can see android will probably save it's bacon!
    11-15-15 05:59 AM
    CPW in Hereford are not displaying the Priv other than a dummy phone. When I asked if I could look at a working one they said they didn't have any in stock!
    They had just sold the only one they had ...but I could check it out the next day when their levels had gone back to 1. Sell one, order one! Unbelievable!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 06:09 AM
    I got mine online from cpw because blackberry shop couldn't manage to deliver it! If it's not right, insist it is swapped. I like mine a lot. Not happy that cpw got the version without wireless charging but hey Ho.
    I do laugh at existing blackberry users slagging off android, but from what I can see android will probably save it's bacon!
    Just picked mine up from selfridges in London . Cancelled my preorder with blackberry as couldn't wait. Playin with it I really like it. They just need a passport version and I'll get that too in a heart beat lol
    11-15-15 06:13 AM
    My wife picked my first unit up from Carphone Warehouse on Friday. It showed they had stock online, but two of the three staff on duty said they didn't have any, and kept asking why she would want a BlackBerry. The manager then came out and overheard the conversation, then said they had one unit left, which my wife bought. But they continued to ask why she would buy a BlackBerry and not an iPhone while she was paying.

Turned out the unit had some nasty build problems; one key was stuck, display wobbled when tapped, and the back panel popped away from the chassis at the side when you pressed on it. Returned the handset to a different store yesterday and the staff were much friendlier. Swapped the phone without even checking it. But again, you wouldn't have known they were selling the Priv - no demo units, only one in stock.

It's a shame Carphone Warehouse has an exclusive when it seems they're not even interested in selling it.
    11-15-15 07:45 AM
    Second unit is much better, by the way. No build problems, battery life is good, doesn't get as hot...
    11-15-15 07:46 AM
    I had a similar experience. They said "oh I've not seen one of those before". Whilst queuing I heard great advice like " oh, windows phone, I think you can connect that to Zune to fix that".

Anyway, they couldn't refund me for my faulty unit because I have a different Visa card now since I ordered it. So I have to do the refund online. Waiting an hour in queue for that response whilst they set up peoples iphones. Awful experience.

Are the UK units made in the same place as the rest of the units (Mexico) as we all seem to have common faults. The QA on these devices is shoddy!
    11-15-15 09:36 AM
    Mates Just Got the Priv last two days ago.. And to be honest the CPW told me the same story, they haven't had anyone asking for a Blackberry... And they don't have the knowledge about the phone.. I'm a techy guy that writes and reads about phones.. They were even shocked that I know the PrivCode for CPW.. So if any of you guys wants to buy the priv, read reviews! because chances are CPW Staff are also new to Android base blackberry. BTW if I can help and you're just around PrestonBlackpool area, we would kindly meet and you can see the priv for yourself before buying it.. Anything I can do to help out.. The phone cost a lot of money and I'm the first person in Preston/blackpool to have the Priv.. I wish I can help..
    11-15-15 08:33 PM
    Too bad to read all these mainly negative experiences. Too bad for BlackBerry who gave them the exclusivity...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-15-15 09:44 PM
    Logistics issues heh...
    11-15-15 09:47 PM
    The version with wireless charging is reportedly supporting less telephony bands, so if you travel or go on holiday abroad you will have better connectivity with the one that you have now :-)
    11-16-15 10:01 AM
    Popped into a local CPW store yesterday around 5.30pm that their website said they actually had stock of the Priv so that I could see one in the flesh so to speak.

They only had the 1 in stock and as it happened it was out of the box and turned on but no SIM. Really like the feel of the device

I asked how much to buy outright but he said that they were only able to offer it on contract and if I wanted to buy one I'd have to order it in

He had a look to see if any other local stores had any stock but there was only 1 store with 1 handset in the vicinity.

He also showed me the total UK CPW stock..... 48 units!!!

Either they have sold a boat load of units, or hardly any at all.
    11-17-15 06:55 AM
    He also showed me the total UK CPW stock..... 48 units!!!

Either they have sold a boat load of units, or hardly any at all.
    Oh dear... I might have been more correct than I feared when I guessed at 17 Priv's being sold on the opening weekend.

Of course, I could be wrong and the 48 are all that's left after the 10,000/day sales orgy.

Guess we'll see in the Quarterly Results.
    11-17-15 07:26 AM
    Actually that's all a lie.
    When i bought my Priv from CPW they guy actually said it sold out all stock right away. And no it wasn't 48 units. It was a lot more.
    He also stated that there was a lot of customers after one. He only had one unit (brought from another shop) which was for me.
    He said so many people came in to buy it outright and offered more cash etc. He was a iphone user and said himself that I've bought a priv as he was in love with it, like all the staff there.
    Yes many CPW don't have stock, only because the bigger shops in London hold all the stock.
    Also don't forget, people have preorderd since October so stock will inevitably be less.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:22 AM
    Also on a side note, my Priv is working fine with no faults and hands down is stunning. I love it!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:28 AM
    Also on a side note, my Priv is working fine with no faults and hands down is stunning. I love it!

Posted via CB10
    Happy for you.

Not sure why you think CPW would lie to the poster above me, but whatever.

We will see the true sales in the QR.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 11-17-15 at 11:56 AM.
    11-17-15 08:38 AM
    Well i think the staff are clueless at CPW as i went to few and they had no idea. Not calling the post above you a liar, just stating that every staff member has something different to say or don't at all. They are severely untrained.
    Their knowledge is really poor about a exclusivity product and all they say is why do you want to buy a BlackBerry for? Buy a iphone so much better.
    My point I was trying to make is that CPW's staff is trying to harm the sales of the priv by changing potential buyers minds.
    And i wasn't trying to rub it in anyone's face but seems so many people aren't happy with their priv and i just wanted to say that for now mine is all good and love it and hope you will aswell!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 10:02 AM