Chen is doing what he can to save the company named BlackBerry. I hope he succeeds.
    you are right this is what he doing and at the mo I don't think there is anything else he could do .....I said in another thread that I think that chen hopes to sell big big numbers of the slider and if he dose this will make lots of money.this will then give blackberry to bring out new bb10 phones and new android phones and that way this will keep everybody happy ......just my thinking
    09-27-15 01:07 AM
    Doesn't bother me at all. I have the Passport for work and i'll replace my Z30 with the Priv for personal phone. I'll keep buying BlackBerry because the usability of the keyboard and messaging focus of the handsets is spot on for me. Sad to see BlackBerry 10 put on the back burner but happy that the company I support has got a handset that the Android community is buzzing about. BlackBerry 10 is awesome. BlackBerry 10 is not selling. Two facts that make the Priv with BlackBerry goodies thrown in an absolute necessity. It's the right thing and it should have been done in 2010. I wish them luck.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    DJM626 likes this.
    09-27-15 05:19 AM
    I am ambivalent, in the true sense of the word. However, I can not help but wonder if BB is willing to wade knee deep into the spec war and short cycles.

Most of the ardent Android users I know seemingly have little loyalty to the maker, only to the next "it" device. I have nothing specific to go other than my observations, and it seems that 12 months is the absolute maximum hold before churning. If this observation is even slightly valid, can BB afford to develop new handsets at a break neck pace, and I assume update Android to match the BB tweaks that Chen has hinted at?
    parryberry likes this.
    09-27-15 10:03 AM
    People are pretty interested in the default sub, r/gadgets, as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 04:22 PM
    In the Android world success goes to Google. The handset makers get crumbs. BB might finally get the mass device sales it needs but that will be all. Razor thin margins on Android devices will not make much difference to BB's bottom line.
    09-27-15 04:51 PM
    Will the priv. Have BlackBerry Hub and it's best in class push email system

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 04:52 PM
    Reminds me of the people who say "I'm sticking with xp"

Blackberry  z30 - a unique experience
    Xaiux likes this.
    09-27-15 08:15 PM
    Will the priv. Have BlackBerry Hub and it's best in class push email system

Posted via CB10
    Yes.. you wouldn't need to post everywhere to get this answer. A Google search would suffice.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 08:18 PM
    I am ambivalent, in the true sense of the word. However, I can not help but wonder if BB is willing to wade knee deep into the spec war and short cycles.

Most of the ardent Android users I know seemingly have little loyalty to the maker, only to the next "it" device. I have nothing specific to go other than my observations, and it seems that 12 months is the absolute maximum hold before churning. If this observation is even slightly valid, can BB afford to develop new handsets at a break neck pace, and I assume update Android to match the BB tweaks that Chen has hinted at?
    If the priv is sucessfull, I would assume they would make one major update per year like most manufacturers do.
    09-27-15 08:23 PM
    The only negatively is here on CrackBerry. Which is pretty sad.
    For all people who are new to reddit, the reason why you dont see a lot of negativity is because the system reddit uses. When it gets downvoted the posts become buried over other posts that get positive feedback.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-15 08:47 PM
    For all people who are new to reddit, the reason why you dont see a lot of negativity is because the system reddit uses. When it gets downvoted the posts become buried over other posts that get positive feedback.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with negativity,.. just how useful/relevant/funny/un-trollish a post is.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 08:53 PM
36 12