09-25-15 11:47 AM
    Reading these comments makes me feel happy for all the Android fans and BlackBerry, but even more disappointed that there is no BB10 version. Go ahead and call me selfish.
    09-25-15 02:19 PM
    There has been so many threads in /r/Android and /r/Gadget about the Venice this last month for every leak and everyone is overwhelmingly positive and excited. HUNDREDS of comments on each thread, always shoots straight to the top of the subreddit the second it's posted. Which is amusing because if you go to the measly /r/Blackberry subreddit, you'll be lucky to cross 30 comments, and a lot of it is whining about it not being BB10 or a touch slab lol.
    09-25-15 02:37 PM
    Most of the negative comments on various sites about this device are actually being instigated by BlackBerry fans, or perhaps I should say anti-Android BlackBerry fans. How is that for irony.

Luckily, Android fans seem genuinely excited and there are a lot more of them.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt, powereds, madx80h and 4 others like this.
    09-25-15 02:57 PM
    some comments made me laugh
    "[–]PRND1234 2 points 4 hours ago
    Holy ****, it's like BlackBerry forcibly impregnated Android with Palm's sperm, then let Palm choose the name. This is my fetish phone."
    09-25-15 03:21 PM
    The only negatively is here on CrackBerry. Which is pretty sad.
    09-25-15 04:13 PM
    So it's going to be a success?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 04:27 PM
    So it's going to be a success?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    More success than anything BB10 brought to the table in 3 years haha
    powereds, wincyUt, dejanh and 2 others like this.
    09-25-15 04:30 PM
    As an exclusive user of Android keyboard phones I couldn't be more excited. I have been stuck on the same Android phone for more than 4 years because no one is releasing Android keyboard sliders anymore. I am going to be buying a Priv the second it is available and I can tell you there are a lot of other Android users that are fed up with iPhone clones being their only options. Between the Android OS, physical keyboard, expandable storage, and solid hardware stats I guarantee you this will be the best selling thing Blackberry has made in a decade.
    09-25-15 05:18 PM
    Some people on CB act like jilted spouses.
    pomidor likes this.
    09-25-15 05:24 PM
    Those of us that don't desire to have Android/Google stuff and love BB10, just need to understand that this device is meant to target the huge Android user base.
    This Priv is a positive move for BlackBerry.

For us BB10 fans, the success of BlackBerry is what should matter.
    Specially since that is what will at least guarantee our "security" updates going forward, as Chen put it.

We can't be bitter. If we need to eventually change platforms in a couple of years, I'm sure most of us long-time BlackBerry users won't choose Android, because that would've already happened by now if it had been in the cards ahahhaha.

Go to Android Central and iMore forums. You'll see many familiar usernames that used to be on these forums a few years ago.

We need to accept that this phone isn't for us and just deal with it and wish for its success for the company to live to fight another day.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 09-25-15 at 06:05 PM.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-25-15 05:34 PM
    As an exclusive user of Android keyboard phones I couldn't be more excited. I have been stuck on the same Android phone for more than 4 years because no one is releasing Android keyboard sliders anymore. I am going to be buying a Priv the second it is available and I can tell you there are a lot of other Android users that are fed up with iPhone clones being their only options. Between the Android OS, physical keyboard, expandable storage, and solid hardware stats I guarantee you this will be the best selling thing Blackberry has made in a decade.
    Even though I prefer BlackBerry 10 I hope it will be successful.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 06:09 PM
    Succeed, so BB can live to made BB10 and BB11. So regardless if you dislike Android or not. BB needs this to keep their handset business. Right now without the Priv it is already gone.
    09-25-15 06:30 PM
    Android would win after all..
    and yet BB10 swiping gestures that get rid of home and back buttons are really so much better.
    Every time i use an Android phone i just can't get how they keep using those virtual buttons, i am faster with BB10 and its multitasking is the more instinctive on the market (all my friends just admit it too even though they are Apple fans or Android-maniacs)
    I just hope Blackberry will come with an integration of its gestures to Android...maybe John Chen trying to swipe on the demo Priv screen is a good indication that they won't disappear ?
    09-25-15 06:49 PM
    Aye, I agree. I've owned the original Motorola Droid, the Droid Pro and the Droid Pro 2 which all had physical keyboards.

Oh and while we're at it, over 3900 up votes and over 900 comments, yup android seems to like the PRIV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-26-15 12:06 AM
    Some people on CB are such arrogant AH's who are only here to gloat and rub salt in BB10 loving peoples wounds.
    09-26-15 12:49 AM
    Hello,

Does it seem strange to anyone else that the BlackBerry Fans (meaning, those who don't actually prefer Android) are somehow the A-holes now. These folks that for years showed their loyalty to a Brand that other people thought of as a joke, buying devices--sometimes several and working with and appreciating the BB10 product, and now they're being portrayed as a bunch of idiots for being stupid enough to have been BlackBerry customers.

These people supported this company with their dollars, and by trying to spread the word and keep things afloat, doing the evangelizing that BlackBerry outright refused to do, or even try.

It's bad enough that the company they supported through thick and thin are pushing them aside (maybe slowly to let you down easy baby--don't worry we're "committed" to BB10, we just want to date other OS as well, but TRUST me--its really YOU (BB10) I love. But being scoffed at by people who didn't value what Blackberry was enough to stick around...that's pure salt in the wound.

Hey, thanks for being loyal, don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out. Come back in March for your maintenance update. *snicker*...Execute the Playbook Protocol.

BB10 fans are gonna need some therapy after this.

KAM
    dusanvn, Jake2826 and scorepion like this.
    09-26-15 01:15 AM
    Well, they're being treated like it, so why decry a fitting reaction. I think it's a little worse than being dumped. It's more like realizing that you've been in an unfaithful relationship. All this time BB is whispering sweet nothings to you, while running around behind your back, Screwing around with Android and planning for the day they can kick you and your Baby (BB10) to the curb. They took your money, your time, and the best years of your life, and when going got tough, went looking for a younger "hotter" plaything.

You're spot on likening this to a relationship that one side has been unfaithful in.

On a separate note:
    I continue to be amazed at some people's inability to realize that an Operating system can't be blamed...PEOPLE are really in control of that, so laugh it up while you can, because the same people that insured that BB10 didn't succeed are bringing you the Priv as well. Good luck with that, 2nd Wife--you are seeing your future previewed here.

KAM
    sebstarr likes this.
    09-26-15 01:26 AM
    well dosnt that tell you something....droid fans want blackberry and a lot of blackberry fans don't
    09-26-15 01:39 AM
    I just hope Blackberry will come with an integration of its gestures to Android...maybe John Chen trying to swipe on the demo Priv screen is a good indication that they won't disappear ?
    That would be ideal if they could do this? Even if it has to wait to see if the Priv succeeds before they integrate more BB10 features (if possible?). I luv BB10 but if Android is needed in order for BlackBerry to survive, I'll buy in. But my favorite parts of BB10 are the Hub (to be included) and swiping gestures, moving frames (please).
    MO3iusONE and BroncoVAL like this.
    09-26-15 01:45 AM
    I used this app (root only necessary for certain features) on my Xperia Z3 compact to mimic BB10 gestures and hide the navbar. So yeah, everyone who likes the swipe up gesture (and more) to get to the homescreen should have a look at this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wipenavigation

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, tp2386 and BroncoVAL like this.
    09-26-15 03:14 AM
    As a former BB10 user, through Windows Phone, and now on Android, with an upgrade coming in the next few months, I will be the first in line to grab this beauty. I really don't have a problem with either platform and only switched to the Android Phone after my L1520 lost its mic. Have to admit, you don't appreciate the app gap until you've played around in the Play Store for a bit. I don't like the fragmented messaging and calendaring with Android, so if I can get the apps, have the true BB hub, awesome keyboards, and security, I am all over it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by hoovermac; 09-28-15 at 03:21 AM.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-26-15 04:49 AM
    Those of us that don't desire to have Android/Google stuff and love BB10, just need to understand that this device is meant to target the huge Android user base.
    This Priv is a positive move for BlackBerry.

For us BB10 fans, the success of BlackBerry is what should matter.
    Specially since that is what will at least guarantee our "security" updates going forward, as Chen put it.

We can't be bitter. If we need to eventually change platforms in a couple of years, I'm sure most of us long-time BlackBerry users won't choose Android, because that would've already happened by now if it had been in the cards ahahhaha.

Go to Android Central and iMore forums. You'll see many familiar usernames that used to be on these forums a few years ago.

We need to accept that this phone isn't for us and just deal with it and wish for its success for the company to live to fight another day.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    Hmm, when you put it that way, I guess I don't really need a cell phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 08:12 AM
    The failure of BB10 and the app gap goes back way before Chen or even his predecessor Heins.

When BlackBerry, formerly RIM, founders Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie first held an iPhone in their hands they misjudged the market pressure an immersive web experience would have on the carriers to allow that much data on their infrastructure.

Then they misjudged the market pressure apps would have on phone sales.

BlackBerry was late to a market that already had two powerful players in the areas that consumers want. Both of those players worked very hard to become entrenched. Even the mighty Microsoft is having trouble in this arena.

And, let me think, consumers run businesses so that naturally puts pressure on companies as well in the BYOD space. Nobody likes to carry two devices.

We may not like it but Chen really has no allegiance to the BB10 OS. We may disagree with his choices but it has been said doing the same thing over and over is the definition of insanity.

Chen is doing what he can to save the company named BlackBerry. I hope he succeeds.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639
    00stryder likes this.
    09-26-15 09:19 AM
    The Priv is a nice device. Its success in the marketplace is determined by you: the customers. Therefore it is good to see the Priv generating a level of excitement, both here and among the general population. It is in everyone's best interest to see BlackBerry have success with devices. Would you rather live in a world of just Apple and Samsung, other manufacturers bowing out, innovation slowing down? That is what will happen if other manufacturers cannot sell their devices. Diversity is best. Welcome the new device to the ecosystem.
    09-26-15 01:01 PM
36 12