My cousin has a samsung galaxy and his phone also heats up ( I assume it is an android thing). He uses the app called "Clean Master". It keeps you updated on the temperature and gives you the option to cool off your phone... try it out (I don't have my Priv yet so I can't try it)

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:20 PM
    Lol.. that app does nothing you can't do yourself...but whatever.
    Lacuna_a_x and M3ta like this.
    11-07-15 12:26 PM
    Anything by Cheetah Mobile is spyware, just saying. They have been known to sell user data
    11-07-15 12:27 PM
    Lol.. that app does nothing you can't do yourself...but whatever.
    Lol but it does it in a click of a button

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:42 PM
    Anything by Cheetah Mobile is spyware, just saying. They have been known to sell user data
    Why do you say that?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:43 PM
    Lol but it does it in a click of a button

Posted via CB10
    If you really wanna believe that, go for it.
    11-08-15 01:10 AM
    If you really wanna believe that, go for it.
    Why don't you enlighten us on how to keep it cooler. Could that also be the reason why my batter is draining so fast?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 01:11 AM
    Why don't you enlighten us on how to keep it cooler. Could that also be the reason why my batter is draining so fast?

Dunno. I don't have these hot device problems. Logically, a hot device indicates it's moving a lot of data around (sync) or you have a crappy data connection, or you're charging your device, or you're running an intensive app or game. Based on battery drain, and hotness of device, sounds like something is still synching or pulling content down.
    11-08-15 01:14 AM
    Dunno. I don't have these hot device problems.
    Great battery life?

11-08-15 01:15 AM
    Great battery life?

Enough to get me through my day and charge at night.
    _tC likes this.
    11-08-15 01:18 AM
    your data Dunno. I don't have these hot device problems. Logically, a hot device indicates it's moving a lot of data around (synch) or you have a crappy data connection, or you're charging your device, or you're running an intensive app or game. Based on battery drain, and hotness of device, sounds like something is still synching or pulling content down.
    As I'm holding my priv I can feel the device getting hotter. I'm only using crackberry app and nothing else. When it's charging and not being used It feels cooler.

11-08-15 01:18 AM
    As I'm holding my priv I can feel the device getting hotter. I'm only using crackberry app and nothing else. When it's charging and not being used It feels cooler.

Try Clean Master then? LOL Not really sure outside of general maintenance, that you really don't need an app for. You have the data. Have a look at what's chugging away on your device and see what's sucking your battery. It'll be in your battery stats.
    theonecid likes this.
    11-08-15 01:19 AM
    Wait for all the updates to finish. Then reboot your phone.

If it's still hot, go to DTek, check which app is spying on you and uninstall it. I have a widget that check my location all the time. Dtek tell me how many times it had used that service.

If it's still hot, go to recent app and click "clear all".

There are many other things you can do, whatever you do, don't install any app to make it cool... most apps just clear the memory, you can do that yourself in settings, apps, running. No need to trade your bank account number for it....

Mine was super hot yesterday, today I can't make it hot no matter what I do.
    11-08-15 01:20 AM
    My cousin has a samsung galaxy and his phone also heats up ( I assume it is an android thing). He uses the app called "Clean Master". It keeps you updated on the temperature and gives you the option to cool off your phone... try it out (I don't have my Priv yet so I can't try it)

Posted via CB10
    Does the Priv have a Power Saving feature? When my Note 4 gets a tad hot e.g. when playing games I usually go to its Power Saving settings and set the CPU to Power Save.
    Priv too hot solution-uploadfromtaptalk1446971881805.jpg
    11-08-15 02:38 AM
    I see these articles all the time for so many phones.

Generally speaking, if the phones hot it usually means it is a combination of the processor being worked hard, and/or the phone simply dissipates heat from the internal components well (which is a good thing).

As it's usually the processor being worked hard, try to use a device monitor or diagnostic to discover what apps, processes, or user actions are causing this, so you can identify the problem and develop a solution that stops it once and for all, instead of having to download cleanup apps and temporary solutions that usually fail to change the core issues.

For me, I've seen stupid sync cycles for email accounts, overzealous contact sync settings, way too many background apps, poorly coded apps or rampant processes, etc that can all cause this.

The key is knowing how to diagnose and solve them for good. A cleanup app is a pretty poor way to go at it imo.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:27 AM
    Using the GPS and playing games cause heat a lot too as said by others.

Posted via CB10
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    11-08-15 04:29 AM
    Is there a solution on heating, or is this first couple of days and then settles.

I used transfer on passport and it heated during transfer, so I guess it's normal, but annoying.
    11-11-15 03:38 AM
    Enough to get me through my day and charge at night.
    I think that's all anyone can expect at this point. I mean, no phone can get you thru the day and night and then day 2 and not need ti chat he until night 2...so there's really no point to getting the phone to last until 10 am the next morning, when most of us are at work and don't have time to sit the phone down and wait for it to change

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:46 AM
    Most of the new devices got hot if there is something error coz tis keep the processor work all the time

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:55 AM
    Anyone used Priv as GPS on long car journey yet? Wouldn't want it to melt a hole in my phone cradle ;P
    11-11-15 06:58 AM
    Anyone used Priv as GPS on long car journey yet? Wouldn't want it to melt a hole in my phone cradle ;P
    Yes I have. It gets hot and really kills the battery. My signal is terrible with this phone so I think that's also related.
    11-11-15 07:24 AM
    Spyware is NOT a "solution" for a phone you don't even have.
    Troll much?
    11-11-15 07:26 AM
    Yes I have. It gets hot and really kills the battery. My signal is terrible with this phone so I think that's also related.
    Did you have it charging while you were driving? As long as I don't end a journey with less battery than I started I'd be happy... although not convinced it's good for the phone to be that hot for so long. There's clearly some sort of power management issue with the phone. Hopefully they can fix it in software
    11-11-15 07:27 AM
    Did you have it charging while you were driving? As long as I don't end a journey with less battery than I started I'd be happy... although not convinced it's good for the phone to be that hot for so long. There's clearly some sort of power management issue with the phone. Hopefully they can fix it in software
    No I didn't have it charging. You are going to end with less battery than you started with if you don't have it plugged in to charge. GPS apps are going to suck your battery down no matter what platform you use.
    11-11-15 07:29 AM
    No I didn't have it charging. You are going to end with less battery than you started with if you don't have it plugged in to charge. GPS apps are going to suck your battery down no matter what platform you use.
    Obviously I mean WHILE CHARGING from my car charger... I'm not as stupid as I look of course it will take battery power to operate GPS
    11-11-15 07:30 AM
35 12