Is the glass weave texture on the back of the Priv similar to the textured back of the Classic? Also, what is the texture like on the official Priv hard case?

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    08-08-16 04:50 AM
    Is the glass weave texture on the back of the Priv similar to the textured back of the Classic? Also, what is the texture like on the official Priv hard case?

The back of the Priv is smooth, not slippery or anything like that. Feels slightly soft, but not soft like rubber.

I don't know about the official hard case. Only the leather flip one, which is nice, nappa leather.
    08-08-16 07:15 AM
    The official BlackBerry hard case is quite slippery on the back. It is textured but not grippy. In saying that, I've developed a few heavy scratches that would have otherwise been on the back of my Priv, so it's doing its job. Would be good to see something a little more heavy duty though, and a bit more grippy in hand.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-08-16 07:22 AM
    The glass weave is like all the other glass weaves they released.

So q10 and z30 and Priv - same feeling.

#whatisclassic
    08-08-16 08:04 AM
    The official BlackBerry hard case is quite slippery on the back. It is textured but not grippy. In saying that, I've developed a few heavy scratches that would have otherwise been on the back of my Priv, so it's doing its job. Would be good to see something a little more heavy duty though, and a bit more grippy in hand.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    The Seidio is definitely not slippery. Don't know that it's anymore rugged, but it does hide scratches and scrapes real well.
    08-08-16 08:57 AM

The back texture of the phone is identical with the one of the Z30 , have no idea about the classic since I never owned it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    08-08-16 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the answers. The back of the OEM hard case looked nice in the pictures, but I hate slippery cases. The Seidio does seem to be the best case option. I really wish there was a good case with a luxurious texture to it. I loved to pet my naked Classic before I put it in its case (yes, I know how weird that sounds).

08-08-16 09:30 PM
    I really wish there was a good case with a luxurious texture to it.
    Trouble with that is, they won't stay that way. I'll take one that looks just pretty good new, but still looks pretty good 2 years later. IE, the Seidio.
    08-09-16 07:33 AM