Hi Crackberrians,

I would like to say that this device is amazing and for anyone who is on the fence about buying it because a few people are having issues, please remember that the negative stands out a lot more than the positive. I have had the device for a few days now and I have only ran into one issue.

Now, back to the issue at hand. In the blackberry Hub, there seems to be a small bug where my text messages are being added to the hub, however when i search my text messages in the hub, the new ones show up. I have tried clearing defaults for the Messenger application, however that did not help. I have also tried to show / unshow text messages (SMS) however it is still not updating. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    11-09-15 08:45 PM
    Hi Crackberrians,

I would like to say that this device is amazing and for anyone who is on the fence about buying it because a few people are having issues, please remember that the negative stands out a lot more than the positive. I have had the device for a few days now and I have only ran into one issue.

Now, back to the issue at hand. In the blackberry Hub, there seems to be a small bug where my text messages are being added to the hub, however when i search my text messages in the hub, the new ones show up. I have tried clearing defaults for the Messenger application, however that did not help. I have also tried to show / unshow text messages (SMS) however it is still not updating. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Can't help you but not issue for moi.

What's funny, is I remember all these issues when Z10 came out. But we persisted so good for all the people that actually wait for more than 3 days and don't complain . Kudos OP for asking for help and not whining.

posted from my Priv!
    11-09-15 08:47 PM
    Hadn't seen that but I did have a known contact show just a number instead of the name until we exchanged texts again.
    11-09-15 08:49 PM
    Thank you for replying Pinot2015! I am glad your Priv is working 100%! I am sure if i do a factory reset it will fix the issue, however, i would like to avoid that route.
    11-09-15 08:51 PM
    Hi Folks!

I have figured out the issue. I thought what can i do to modify the base of this application (blackberry hub), and i thought, there must be some updates available! I went to google play, went to my apps, no updates available. Odd. Went to the Blackberry page inside the google play store and downloaded all the updates manually. Fixed after restart!

Thanks for chiming in you 2. I hope this will help someone down the road if they are having the same issue.
    presente21 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:09 PM
    Hi Folks!

I have figured out the issue. I thought what can i do to modify the base of this application (blackberry hub), and i thought, there must be some updates available! I went to google play, went to my apps, no updates available. Odd. Went to the Blackberry page inside the google play store and downloaded all the updates manually. Fixed after restart!

Thanks for chiming in you 2. I hope this will help someone down the road if they are having the same issue.
    from what I have been reading this is a lot of the problems ppl are having by not updating there apps ,if ppl did what you have done there would be less moaning about there priv
    11-09-15 10:10 PM
    Hi Folks!

I am having issues where some of my BBM contacts just show Pin and for texts most show their phone number, but the majority don't show in the hub and have to go to Messenger App..

I will update all my apps when I get home and see if it helps

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    11-10-15 06:19 AM
    Also having the SMS issue after updating all the apps.... it's not a biggie but it's annoying seeing numbers instead of names :'(
    11-10-15 06:04 PM
    Had same issues I was told it's because you used the transfer tool, creates a bug. Either wait for fix or wipe and start fresh and don't use the transfer tool.
    11-10-15 07:15 PM
    No transfer tool here
    11-11-15 02:54 AM
    from what I have been reading this is a lot of the problems ppl are having by not updating there apps ,if ppl did what you have done there would be less moaning about there priv
    That's not the users fault. Blackberry's apps don't show as needing an update unless you manually search for them.
    11-11-15 03:32 AM
    It's also not BlackBerry fault, it's Google's update system that take a day or two before it gives you updates. I am not sure if they do that on purpose so you don't get bombarded with update requests first 10 min you use it while trying to get it set up.
    11-11-15 05:08 AM
    That's not the users fault. Blackberry's apps don't show as needing an update unless you manually search for them.
    which is what I did do and have done even on bb10
    11-11-15 01:31 PM
    11-11-15 01:32 PM
    Uh, ok?
    11-11-15 01:52 PM
    He is just saying manually look for updates, auto updates will come but might take longer to get to your device.
    11-11-15 04:58 PM
    People shouldn't have to because the Play Store should have alerted them to an available update.

BlackBerry screwed something up here I think. Not sure what. Updates are available but don't show unless you search for "BlackBerry Limite" in GPS.

Odd.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 04:41 AM
    No BlackBerry did not screw something up here, the updates, BlackBerry devices are exactly the same if there are app updates it can take BlackBerry World up to a week to tell you. These are app updates not OS updates there is no reason for them to be checked every second for a critical update. Just the same as in Windows you are expected to run updates when you first get a computer and if you don't after a few days it will let you know of them. Yes because there are some critical bugs in these apps it makes it important to get these updates. No matter what you get DO YOUR UPDSTES no matter its a Mac, Windows, iPhone, Chrome book

And they don't show up yet is because GPS has not done a check of your device or its catalogue yet, again this is bone by Google, this is stock Android it will happen in a day or two when it's scheduled to.
    11-12-15 05:23 AM
    No BlackBerry did not screw something up here, the updates, BlackBerry devices are exactly the same if there are app updates it can take BlackBerry World up to a week to tell you. These are app updates not OS updates there is no reason for them to be checked every second for a critical update. Just the same as in Windows you are expected to run updates when you first get a computer and if you don't after a few days it will let you know of them. Yes because there are some critical bugs in these apps it makes it important to get these updates. No matter what you get DO YOUR UPDSTES no matter its a Mac, Windows, iPhone, Chrome book

And they don't show up yet is because GPS has not done a check of your device or its catalogue yet, again this is bone by Google, this is stock Android it will happen in a day or two when it's scheduled to.
    No that's not right. There is something weirder than that going on. I agree it can take a few days to be pushed an update notification from Play Store. I have no issue with that.

However, even if I'm not pushed a notification, if I go into GPS into My Apps, all updates should show there at any time. In this case, BlackBerry Priv apps with available updates aren't even showing there. You have to manually search for BlackBerry Limited.

That is a fundamental difference which tells me something is wrong about th way the apps are loaded in GPS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 06:10 AM
    I have not seen that so far on 4 different Priv devices. If I go to GPS the my apps section they have been there. Not sure why you were forced to search for them. I did a quick Google search and for last 2 years it seems people are complaining they have to manually search for apps to update them because they don't show properly in My Apps.
    11-12-15 06:24 AM
    hmmm, i've updated my hub, by searching the apps, but still having the same issue : no refresh, neither from texts, neither from emails ... so it's pretty annoying
    01-06-16 09:08 AM
    hmmm, i've updated my hub, by searching the apps, but still having the same issue : no refresh, neither from texts, neither from emails ... so it's pretty annoying
    had issues too but all works perfect now after all updates and few factory wipes
    01-06-16 11:15 AM
    had issues too but all works perfect now after all updates and few factory wipes
    I'm still having this issue even with factory reset and apps updated. However it does not seem to happen all the time. It is just sometimes, I have a similar issue with whatsapp.
    10-15-16 12:37 AM