As I've only been using BB's since 2008 or so, I have no idea if the priv's telephone app is standard android app, a google stock phone or a bb phone. (though I'm guessing that something of this quality is not bb).

So, is it stock google/android?

If so, is there a good telephone app? I'm a bit wary of changing such an essential, and what I would have thought embedded, app but hey, I'm a dumbo in these areas ....
    01-14-17 06:14 PM
    Stock.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-14-17 07:16 PM
    As I've only been using BB's since 2008 or so, I have no idea if the priv's telephone app is standard android app, a google stock phone or a bb phone. (though I'm guessing that something of this quality is not bb).

If so, is there a good telephone app? I'm a bit wary of changing such an essential, and what I would have thought embedded, app but hey, I'm a dumbo in these areas ....
    I'm not sure what it is, but IMO, it is a big downgrade from the BB phone "app."

Maybe someone will have found a phone app that is close to the last generation BB10 version.
    anon(3641385) and BionicKris like this.
    01-14-17 07:17 PM
    I'm not sure what it is, but IMO, it is a big downgrade from the BB phone "app."

Maybe someone will have found a phone app that is close to the last generation BB10 version.
    This!
    01-15-17 03:12 AM
    This stock phone drives me crazy because it won't keep my favourites saved. I like the overall function but this broken feature is frustrating. Any idea of a fix or better phone app?
    01-16-17 08:47 PM
    I second this! I hate the phone app. It is standard android phone app, but I feel it is poorly designed and was hoping BB would make their own that isn't as awful.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-19-17 10:05 AM
    This stock phone drives me crazy because it won't keep my favourites saved. I like the overall function but this broken feature is frustrating. Any idea of a fix or better phone app?
    Yes, same for me !
    01-19-17 01:01 PM
    I've started a thread in the BB Hub + Suite forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12767735

The reason for the thread is that one of the BB Product Mgr's suggested that he may alert the Telephony phone manager to our views re bb providing a telephone app.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tions-1100159/
    PHughes likes this.
    02-17-17 07:12 PM
    The first screen shown is not a favorites screen, it's a combination of most called and recently called. I'm not sure how much weight it gives to each, but it works great for me. I don't even know how favorites is supposed to work, as I have no use for it. The numbers I'm calling this week may be entirely different from last week and next week.
    The call history with detailed info is there, not at all hard to get to.
    Don't really understand the complaint about not being able to text from the phone app, the option is there. And if I want to text, I'll open the hub, not the phone.

I will vote yes on an easy way to block numbers, if they are actually blocked, not just sent to VM. My preference would be answering in the background with a recording in a crappy computer voice saying "you are not authorized to call this number. BEEEEEEEEP".
    FF22 and newcollector like this.
    02-18-17 09:04 AM

It is close to stock to but is not stock. It is a Android with plenty of BlackBerry flavoring.
    02-19-17 06:46 AM