Hello all -- so I read something on another forum that said BlackBerry offers tech support for one year? Regardless of carrier.

Anyone here that? My IT people are telling me to call VZW, and VZW are telling me to call my IT people, and so on and so on.

Any truth that BlackBerry offers direct tech support for one year? Thank you.
    02-21-17 09:39 AM
    You can always try, but I think that was a limited offer. Generally support would be VZW 1st who then might escalate it to BlackBerry depending on the issue.

Is this your phone or a company phone?

What is your problem?
    02-21-17 09:47 AM
    They do. The number should be included on an insert in your box. I don't have it handy now, as I am not home, but I'm sure someone can share it.

I'll post it later if no one beats me to the punch.

As far as Verizon specific, not sure if that would somehow nullify the BlackBerry offer in lieu of Verizon support.

My best guess is that if you don't see it, Verizon must be different. I know my At&T model did include the phone support from BB.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    02-21-17 09:53 AM
    As originally posted on the BSCF:

Did you know that PRIV, DTEK50 and the DTEK60 come with one year of free 24/7 complimentary support?

All you need to do is call one of the following numbers and our support team will happy to help with any questions you might have!

• Canada & United States
    • PRIV > 1-866-533-8067
    • DTEK50 & DTEK60 > 1-855-556-2522

• United Kingdom
    • PRIV, DTEK50 & DTEK60 > 800-141-3330

Before calling support, there are four things you should do:

1) Restart your device if you haven't already by pressing the Power key and tapping Restart.
    • A quick restart can resolve a variety issues and might just resolve the issue you are encountering

2) If you are encountering an issue, check for updates to your various apps and games using the Play Store first as an update may address the issue.
    • To do this, open the Play store, tap the three bar icon in the top left followed by My Apps & Games. Within this listing, if any updates are found install them followed by running a quick test to verify if the issue persists

3) Should restarting your device, and updating apps not help, make note of your PRIV or DTEK50 serial number which can be found in Settings > About phone > Status as support will require this information when you call.

4) Review, and complete the troubleshooting guide as it may help you resolve the issue you are encountering.

-------------------------------------------------------

As revised recently for PRIV:

There is a new support plan in place for Priv users.

Use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > Contact Us - Global

You will need the IMEI of the device, which can be found following this link:
    FF22 likes this.
    02-21-17 10:23 AM
    You can always try, but I think that was a limited offer. Generally support would be VZW 1st who then might escalate it to BlackBerry depending on the issue.

What is your problem?
    Thank you...like I said, VZW is not "customer friendly" when it comes to support.

It is my phone...I bought it, own it...but I use it for work, and as such the "home office" has it set up so that it goes through their server, system, etc. -- for compliance purposes. Thus, I have something called AirWatch and Divide Productivity (which I think is not working).

I'll post in more details what my issues are -- and thank you very much!
    02-21-17 10:36 AM
    Thank you...like I said, VZW is not "customer friendly" when it comes to support.

It is my phone...I bought it, own it...but I use it for work, and as such the "home office" has it set up so that it goes through their server, system, etc. -- for compliance purposes. Thus, I have something called AirWatch and Divide Productivity (which I think is not working).

I'll post in more details what my issues are -- and thank you very much!
    Most US carriers, in my experience, are not customer friendly with device support, sadly. Years ago I got this guy named Chris Parsons as a support rep for AT&T, he was the best.
    02-21-17 10:55 AM

What is your problem?
    And if the problem is serious enough Verizon will escalate it to BlackBerry who will argue with you and tell you that you are wrong and that you should never heed what you read on those other sites, (cough) (crackberry). Then they will eventually say Verizon no longer supports the priv and you will never get marshmallow because BlackBerry hasn't given it to them and Verizon doesn't want it. Then they will maybe have to eat crow because you taught them both something. True Story and types in much shorter format than time it took for that to transpire. Moral is, dealing with BlackBerry and Verizon when it comes to a priv is painful
    02-21-17 11:21 AM
    Hello all -- so I read something on another forum that said BlackBerry offers tech support for one year? Regardless of carrier.

Anyone here that? My IT people are telling me to call VZW, and VZW are telling me to call my IT people, and so on and so on.

Any truth that BlackBerry offers direct tech support for one year? Thank you.
    BlackBerry used to offer direct 24/7 free phone support, but not any longer. However you may still qualify depending on your phone Imei. It a try to contact them via email or text @blackberryhelp. They are good about responding.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    02-21-17 12:14 PM
    Well, I am going to call the #'s listed and give them my info and see if I qualify.

I am just having several issues with my Priv -- I have text messages come in and it's the telephone #'s only, not the names. The names are in my contacts, but they don't show up on the text. When I go to the contacts, open one, hit the text icon, it takes me to the text screen/app and the # is there, but not the name. Uggh. But, when the phone rings -- the name shows up!!! Uggh again! LOL.

Should I keep going? LOL.

I keep getting notices and updates on a gmail email address, which I really don't use. I was told I needed it to get my Priv up and running, but I keep getting notices on emails. I seem to have two address books. I don't understand why. When I go to send a picture via text, I am asked which address book I want to use -- and one is for gmail and there is only one contact there...me!

Maybe I just need general Priv support -- like an Priv coach, LOL. I could use some lessons. That's why I am the tech *****! LOL.
    02-21-17 11:07 PM
    Most US carriers, in my experience, are not customer friendly with device support, sadly. Years ago I got this guy named Chris Parsons as a support rep for AT&T, he was the best.
    Nice mention.
    02-22-17 07:57 AM
    I am dialing this number 1-866-533-8067 and when I select option 3 the answer machine does not recognize my selection and keep telling me "no option has selected"
    Does that phone number is still in use?
    05-11-19 09:26 AM