Thinking of picking up the PRIV at the AT&T store since the wait is so long from ShopBlackBerry!

My question is,,,
    Will it be the same model of the phone as I would normally get from the factory unlocked ShopBlackBerry if I get it at AT&T?

So basically all I would have to do if buying the phone from AT&T, would be to buy it at full retail and then unlock it. Would it basically then be the same exact thing as if I would have bought it through ShopBlackBerry?

Just looking for someone who might have those details...
    And also is the full retail at AT&T the same $700 as on ShopBlackBerry?
    11-06-15 02:35 PM
    Same model, yes. STV100-1.

AT&T's price is $740 no term/$250 two year contract. It comes with AT&T bloatware though.

Another option is B&H Photo and Video, a New York seller that charges sales tax to New York residents. Same $700 price as ShopBB: BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 32GB Smartphone STV100-1 B&H Photo
    11-06-15 02:59 PM
    Some are reporting that the AT&T version does not in fact have wireless charging like the shopBB version does.
    11-06-15 03:09 PM
    Some are reporting that the AT&T version does not in fact have wireless charging like the shopBB version does.
    Weird. According to the manual, the -1, -2 and -5 models have it. Do you have a link for where buyers are saying that it doesn't have it?
    11-06-15 03:16 PM
    Over in Android Central in the PRIV section... thread on AT&T.
    11-06-15 03:30 PM
    Over in Android Central in the PRIV section... thread on AT&T.
    Found it, thanks.
    11-06-15 03:38 PM
    I was partly to blame as one source of incorrect information. My AT&T Business Rep had said that it (the AT&T Priv) would NOT have wireless charging. Well, I picked my STV100-1 up at the store today and placed it on my Qi charger and, BAM, it started charging. I have educated the Rep and updated my original post on CB.
    11-06-15 03:43 PM
    Since this forum is about the Priv & AT&T, I think it is appropriate to mention that the AT&T Store actually had a nice big poster up about the Priv and a working unit on display.

It took the store employee a minute to find it and then another few minutes to see if they had them in stock (they had 2) but overall, everything was good with the store experience. I showed the display unit to another customer looking at Android's and when I opened the Priv to reveal the keyboard, he really liked that.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-06-15 03:48 PM
    The att version does in fact have wireless charging.

Bloateware is also surprisingly down to 10 apps, in other devices they have had up to 25 if I recall correctly

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    geekaren likes this.
    11-06-15 03:50 PM
    I picked up my brand new Priv. From ATT 1st thing yesterday am. It's mostly awesome. Haven't had much time to play/explore yet with a job, house, and family BUT I can attest that WIRELESS CHARGING DOES work with it and my new GMC which came with wireless charging mat in its console. Ps I'm from Long Island NY. I will be back...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 08:32 AM
    Are you an AT&T account holder, cause I'm not sure I can buy the phone at full retail at the store if I'm not ATT customer?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:47 AM
    Pigs will fly before a store will sell a non-customer a phone off-contract. Online was the way to go--the loophole, if you will--but AT&T may have closed that too for non-customers.
    11-07-15 01:09 PM