I am still battling to get Daydream to stay on all night as it invariably stops soon after the battery reaches 100% charge despite "when to daydream" being set to "either".

I have PRIV Sync Pod and have been using that plugged into the mains charger that was in the box with the PRIV. Once or twice the daydream (analouge clock) has stayed on all night but this is very much the exception.

Last night I plugged the charger directly into the PRIV and daydream stayed on all night - I could see the clock when I worke this morning.

Am curious if anyone else is has daydream all night while using the Sync Pod? If yes, this moght indicate that my pod is faulty.

Or any other suggestions as to how I can get daydream to run all night?

I am loathe to download other apps - Dock Clock etc - until I know why I do not get daydream running when fully charged.

Thanks for any help.
    Dave
    01-10-16 07:53 AM
    K, so it looks like I am the only one with this issue?

What I have found is that if I use the dock attached to my PC, daydream continues past charging as I would expect it to with it set to "either docked or charging".

If I connect the supplier charger to the dock, daydream stops soon after 100% charge.

If I connect the charger directly to the phone, daydream continues past 100% charge.
    01-16-16 10:46 AM
    Just a thought......

Perhaps lift to wake or Adaptive Brightness is on and when in the dock, it thinks it's time to wake up the screen so it turns off daydream after charging.

Try plugging in via the charger and resting the phone on the same angle as the pod. Betcha the same thing happens.

If it happens, then turn off lift to wake or Adaptive Brightness and try again.

Failing that, it's a bug and write a long email to BBRY so they can address it.

Good find!

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    01-16-16 03:36 PM
    Thanks for suggestions.

Both settings are off but have no real idea why either would affect a phone sitting untouched in a dock. As I said, daydream works when the dock is connected to the PC but not when the dock is conencted to a power supply.

I have raised the issue with BB and the first email to "help" me suggested I changed the settings on daydream to "either". My initial impression is that the responder either failed to read the problem statement I sent or was not given it! Frustrating.

Thnaks again.
    01-17-16 05:11 AM
    As an update, feedback from BB support is that "Wiping the phone clean and starting over is the best overall option. The BlackBerry Priv has a feature where everything on your device is being backed up to Google Server automatically."
    I have to say I am loathe to go to this extent as there is no software (other than command line) to back up the phone to my PC. I find it interesting that sucha "private" phone will dump your information to Google so readily!
    01-18-16 03:23 AM