Hello everyone I have a Blackberry Priv STV100-4 that was given to me as a gift because I needed for another phone line and messages. Years ago I do not use android and had the problem of Google Update that I could solve, but I see that the phone is very very slow, is there anything that can be done?
    I installed the AccuBattery application to control the battery, is there a better APP? Is there any way to put at least Android 7? I currently have android 6.

Any suggestions or optimizations are welcome.
    10-08-22 04:46 AM
    Hello everyone I have a Blackberry Priv STV100-4 that was given to me as a gift because I needed for another phone line and messages. Years ago I do not use android and had the problem of Google Update that I could solve, but I see that the phone is very very slow, is there anything that can be done?
    I installed the AccuBattery application to control the battery, is there a better APP? Is there any way to put at least Android 7? I currently have android 6.

Any suggestions or optimizations are welcome.
    Stuck at Android 6 forever - along with missing 5 years of security patches.
    10-08-22 07:20 AM
    Too bad Blackberry is giving such poor support... then I think it will end up in the recycling center :s
    10-08-22 08:27 AM
    Too bad Blackberry is giving such poor support... then I think it will end up in the recycling center :s
    Poor support? Phone was released in 2015. It got its standard-at-the-time 2 years of support, including one android version update from 5 to 6.

Then, BlackBerry got out of the phone business altogether a few years later. They've been done for a while.

What "support" do you expect now?
    10-08-22 09:12 AM
    I expected a little more from a more expensive terminal, I also have a Motorola X from 2014 that can still have Android 11 with LineageOS that I say, not to mention an Iphone SE 2016 that received updates until this 2022. Anyway I wanted to know if I could do something to it like my Moto X but apparently I will send it to the recycling center.
    10-08-22 09:29 AM
    I expected a little more from a more expensive terminal, I also have a Motorola X from 2014 that can still have Android 11 with LineageOS that I say, not to mention an Iphone SE 2016 that received updates until this 2022. Anyway I wanted to know if I could do something to it like my Moto X but apparently I will send it to the recycling center.
    BlackBerry are no longer in phone business as Joel advised. "Expecting a little more" is like me asking GE to supply parts for my fridge.
    10-08-22 01:11 PM
    The LineageOS mention isn't really relevant to OEM support.

The Moto X was abandoned on Android 6 as well.

But no, nothing you can do with the Priv. The locked bootloader was a security feature.
    10-08-22 03:13 PM
    I only need the Blackberry for calls and SMS but it restarts constantly... any solution?
    10-10-22 12:26 AM
    I only need the Blackberry for calls and SMS but it restarts constantly... any solution?
    Autoloader, or do a Factory Reset if you can get into the boot menu....

But sometimes it's software, and sometimes it a sign of a hardware failure.... not all phone live to be 5, 6, or more years old.
    10-10-22 07:31 AM
    Autoloader, or do a Factory Reset if you can get into the boot menu....

But sometimes it's software, and sometimes it a sign of a hardware failure.... not all phone live to be 5, 6, or more years old.
    What mean Autoloader? I can access the menu because the phone works and restarts randomly from time to time.
    10-10-22 09:04 AM
    I only need the Blackberry for calls and SMS but it restarts constantly...
    This is the issue plaguing me, more and more, and the reason I've finally had to let the Priv go. Just became too unreliable when instead of once a month my Priv would reboot on its own 3x a day or even more.
    10-15-22 07:09 PM
    This is the issue plaguing me, more and more, and the reason I've finally had to let the Priv go. Just became too unreliable when instead of once a month my Priv would reboot on its own 3x a day or even more.
    Yup, same with me. I had an AT&T one (STV100-1) and an STV100-4 (for when I traveled OCONUS because it had Band 28). In the end the AT&T one slowed down to the point that when I turned it on on wheels down, it would still be starting up when I was already landed, collected luggage, lined up for a taxi and then in it. It became SLOW. The STV100-4 got into a boot loop cycle it has never recovered from, despite my dismantling it, cleaning the slide mechanism, re-seating the battery, etc.

Electronics grow OLD. There really is nothing to do besides upgrade to something newer.
    Exedorable likes this.
    10-16-22 12:55 PM