I've asked this and had one person on CrackBerry direct me to instructions to reload the Android software. I'm just checking to see if there's *any* way to force the Priv to boot into safe mode or any action that I can take short of wiping the entire phone to save it.

Last night it abruptly shut off, and when it turned back on, it never fully loaded Android after asking for the PIN. I think it probably was uploading a security patch and the download was unsuccessful. My phone was pretty full and I had intended to purge a lot of photos.

I learned too late that there's USB software that would have allowed me to offload files directly to my pc.

I have tried repeatedly to hold the 2 volume buttons to somehow force the phone to reboot in safe mode. No luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd pay BlackBerry to fix it, within reason, if that's possible.

Edit: Not sure why, but I can't seem to reply once a question has been answered. Yes, I attempted the advice that was previously offered. Was just fishing to see if anyone else had any suggestions, but there seem to be a lot fewer folks posting here than there once were.
    Last edited by Tim Heard; 08-03-19 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Can't seem to reply in this thread.
    08-03-19 08:12 PM
    I've asked this and had one person on CrackBerry direct me to instructions to reload the Android software. I'm just checking to see if there's *any* way to force the Priv to boot into safe mode or any action that I can take short of wiping the entire phone to save it.

Last night it abruptly shut off, and when it turned back on, it never fully loaded Android after asking for the PIN. I think it probably was uploading a security patch and the download was unsuccessful. My phone was pretty full and I had intended to purge a lot of photos.

I learned too late that there's USB software that would have allowed me to offload files directly to my pc.

I have tried repeatedly to hold the 2 volume buttons to somehow force the phone to reboot in safe mode. No luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd pay BlackBerry to fix it, within reason, if that's possible.
    Pressing both volume buttons does nothing on a Priv.

To get to safe mode, do this: (from off) hold the power button down for about 3 seconds, when the device vibrates (a few seconds after the logo appears) press and hold the down volume button until it boots into safe mode.

However, a boot issue with the Priv is not normally recoverable.

Did you try holding down the power button for 32 seconds like I suggested in one of your two other threads on this subject?
    08-03-19 08:24 PM
    ... And now I'm able to reply. Not sure what the issue was earlier.
    Thanks for your responses.
    08-03-19 08:48 PM