Help ..after doing the security update...2 days later phone stops charging past 87%

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-19-16 02:23 AM
    Maybe you can try this, let device battery completely discharge till phone switches-off. Then charge it to 100% plus an hour extra. I hope this helps.

Some say, for a longer battery life (for years), this should be done once every month.

Also, make sure you also report this to BlackBerry.
    01-19-16 05:09 AM
    Help ..after doing the security update...2 days later phone stops charging past 87%

Where you using the phone while it was charging? I've noticed that if I use a power hungry app while the phone is charging that it will start using more power than it is receiving from charging. At this point my phone will think it is fully charged at 83% (for example). I then have to unplug the charger and plug it in to get it charging again.
    01-19-16 09:13 AM
    What charger are you using? Is it 2.0+ AMPS? The stock BB charger that came with the phone is decent, but they didn't provide one with a high voltage. Try a better charger. That way, even when using the phone while charging, it should still charge.
    01-19-16 10:17 AM
    What charger are you using? Is it 2.0+ AMPS? The stock BB charger that came with the phone is decent, but they didn't provide one with a high voltage. Try a better charger. That way, even when using the phone while charging, it should still charge.
    Yes, this is from the stock charger. It seems like BlackBerry underestimated the power that this phone would use/require.
    01-19-16 10:49 AM
    I use the lightning charger from Samsung and it charges quicker for sure,the BB charger is relatively efficient.
    I also use the Samsung fast charger and it speeds up the charging process, but the stock Blackberry cube has also worked pretty well. I haven't had the device not charging to 100% issue and I have one of the first production units with a build date of 102715.
    01-19-16 04:36 PM
    I also use the Samsung fast charger and it speeds up the charging process, but the stock Blackberry cube has also worked pretty well. I haven't had the device not charging to 100% issue and I have one of the first production units with a build date of 102715.
    Try using a power hungry app while the device is charging. That is the only time I experience the device not fully charging, and as I stated above, I believe that this is because the PRIV is using more power than the stock charger is providing.
    01-19-16 04:52 PM
    Hi Bakron. Is there a place on the phone to get the build date?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    01-19-16 05:02 PM
    I suggest press the power button for 32 seconds. It is like a battery pull... give that a go.

Posted via my PRIV
    01-19-16 09:05 PM
    Hey medotaco.. make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the device.. Using an older and thinner cable style may contribute to the issue you are seeing. Some folks who are also talking about their device not charging to 100% have indicated that they are using an older and thinner usb cable because they were much longer than the cable provided with the device. Use the charger and usb cable that came with the device and you should be good to go
    01-21-16 09:02 AM

I reckon the same,I'd like to know when my device was built.
    On the box, it shows you the date.

01-21-16 04:18 PM