The Priv is a great phone. Though I can type rapidly on the virtual because I had a Z10, I still prefer the physical. Coming from a Passport it took a little adjustment but didn't find it too hard.

It is really nice not to have to do work around to get some apps to work. The OS is powerful to get done what I need to get done. Android notifications can drive you nuts until you learn how and where it is that you can limit and customize them for your personal needs.

The phone is an engineering wonder. Why wait for a phone in the future when you can get one now. A bird in the hand is worth two in a bush.
    11-15-16 07:17 AM
    But later, the Priv will be even cheaper.
    11-15-16 10:37 AM
    Most will say to get the PRIV if and only if the pkb is a selling point for you, and to that I say nuts. For one, even if you never use the pkb the PRIV is still one of the better Androids at its current price, and two; even if you never use the pkb to type you'd likely still use it as a track pad if even only occasionally.

To the Mercury, we still don't know what it will look like, it's price point, or when it will be released.
    newcollector and FF22 like this.
    11-15-16 11:16 AM
    Not that expensive anymore so why not give it a try. It's a beauty ,and probably the last slider made.
    wikison likes this.
    11-15-16 02:56 PM
    I think that considering DTEK60 costs only $75 more the PRIV should be cheaper considering BlackBerry apparently is trying to get rid of it's inventory.

Z10 STL100-3, 10.3.2.2836
    11-16-16 12:15 AM
    WhatsApp's support for BBOS and BB10 has been extended until mid 2017.

On my BB Bold 9900 I keep receiving the message about the 31st of december. And I am also experiencing some problems in sending videos: basically I can't send anything. It's pretty unstable
    11-16-16 03:02 AM
    On my BB Bold 9900 I keep receiving the message about the 31st of december. And I am also experiencing some problems in sending videos: basically I can't send anything. It's pretty unstable
    Try to encourage your friends to use bbm. Very stable and really works great cross platform. Plus I know my info isn't being mined.
    11-16-16 06:33 AM
    There's an update that fix at least the message thing but not sure if it will do the same about the send problem. Worth try it though.

11-16-16 06:55 AM
    There's an update that fix at least the message thing but not sure if it will do the same about the send problem. Worth try it though.

Thank you, I will try it. Anyway, I think I should think about another device. Blackberry, of course.
    11-16-16 12:58 PM
    Well, mine has arrived. Currently installing a system update, so I haven't had much chance to play with it. The keyboard seems nice though.
    11-16-16 09:14 PM
    Ok... I'm repeatedly getting an error "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped."

How do I stop this?
    11-16-16 09:55 PM
    Try to encourage your friends to use bbm. Very stable and really works great cross platform. Plus I know my info isn't being mined.
    Read BlackBerry user agreement. Your data is most certainly being mined. Also BBM charges extra for end to end encryption. Whatsapp does it for free.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 11:13 PM
    Ok... I'm repeatedly getting an error "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped."

How do I stop this?
    And you can try one of the REBOOT methods

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    11-16-16 11:13 PM
    The Priv is definitely worth looking at. It all comes down to the QWERTY keyboard, really.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 03:08 AM
    But later, the Priv will be even cheaper.
    yeah sure and older much older!
    11-19-16 01:31 PM
    Enjoying the Priv so far. Android is taking some getting used ton but otherwise it has been a good experience.

The keyboard on the Priv is pretty good. Not quite as good as the Passport, but very usable.

So glad the Hub is there. The gmail app is horrible use with multiple accounts. I hid it almost immediately.
    so crow likes this.
    11-19-16 01:35 PM
    As long as you're willing to jump threw a few hoops to get the phone working properly, sure.
    so crow likes this.
    11-19-16 01:36 PM
    It's worth getting if you want a pkb with a large screen real estate. But I think the dtek60 has a better value at this point.
    11-19-16 06:36 PM
43 12