Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix my speaker mode on my bby PRIV?

I dropped my phone last night but it wasn't an awful drop. I have a brand new hard case on my phone (which seems a bit tight by the way) and it tumbled along on carpet so it wasn't a severe drop on a hard surface.

But since then, whenever I make a call and press speaker the other party can't hear me. The same goes for video calls on whatsapp which are automatically on speaker mode. (that's the only app I use to make video calls so not sure if the same problem would occur with other apps).

I tried a headpiece to make video calls and regular calls and that works fine.
    I've also tried taking a video and watching it back (without headpiece) the sound is just fine.

Can anyone help please?!
    Thank you!
    07-23-17 08:33 PM
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix my speaker mode on my bby PRIV?

I dropped my phone last night but it wasn't an awful drop. I have a brand new hard case on my phone (which seems a bit tight by the way) and it tumbled along on carpet so it wasn't a severe drop on a hard surface.

But since then, whenever I make a call and press speaker the other party can't hear me. The same goes for video calls on whatsapp which are automatically on speaker mode. (that's the only app I use to make video calls so not sure if the same problem would occur with other apps).

I tried a headpiece to make video calls and regular calls and that works fine.
    I've also tried taking a video and watching it back (without headpiece) the sound is just fine.

Can anyone help please?!
    Thank you!
    So, if you take a video, it does record sound and you can hear it back without headphones? Have you removed the case? Could it be that the middle button (mute depending on circumstances) is pressed/stuck in?

Download or run Blackberry Virtual Expert. There are speaker/mic tests.

It is possible something did get dislodged on the circuit board or a cable/plug inside came apart.

Good luck.
    07-23-17 09:05 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response.
    When I record a video, I play it back without headphones, and yes, I can hear the sound of the recording. That means it managed to record my voice, right?
    It doesn't add up because shouldn't that also be mute if people can't hear me on a regular call/video call?
    I downloaded Bby Virtual Expert and passed all the mic tests. Ultra confusing

Any ideas?
    07-24-17 01:13 AM
    Just to be super clear, I use no headphones during the entire recording test, while recording or playing back the video...
    07-24-17 01:15 AM
    Just to be super clear, I use no headphones during the entire recording test, while recording or playing back the video...
    Well, all I can do is suggest my usual Reboot/Safe Mode ideas

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    07-24-17 11:47 AM