Keep in mind that there are three components of the Experience Suite. The Productivity Suite with the Hub, Calendar, Contacts, etc. is included with the Priv. BBM is part of the Communications Suite that includes Worklife for BB, BBM Meetings, SecuSuite, etc. and Blend is part of the Security Suite that includes BES 12, Secure Work Spaces, etc.

There's also the question of where the BlackBerry Services app included with the Priv fits into all this.
    This was a fairly old delineation slide. So much could have changed since then.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-27-15 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry Hub for Android appears on Google Play

There were some concerns about that hub is just little hub. This should clarify.

Priv simulator-377655d1445957547t-priv-simulator-1445957522568_680199.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    Well that screenshot still only shows email compose but the text, seems to be implying composing for social media too:
    Hub:
    Key Features:

Compose email messages and social posts, or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
    Use Conversation View for a clear view of all the messages in a conversation with the latest message always open for quick review
    Snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
    Quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts. File email messages and manage all your folders
    Search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
    Peek into your calendar to see your next five meetings
    Quickly identify unread messages via the red BlackBerry spark indicator

What’s New:

Customizable swipe gestures
    Mute conversations
    Next/previous swipe navigation
    Image attachment preview in email viewer
    Performance and stability improvements

Contacts

Key Features:
    Unified contacts: Work and personal contacts in one convenient location
    Remote search: Perform Global Address List searches directly from your device
    Recent contacts management: Allow or block recent contacts
    Contact groups: Create groups and easily start group conversations
    Smart filters: Quickly identify and locate your contacts
    Multi-select contacts
    Support for: CardDav accounts and Gravatars

Notes and Tasks syncable with Exchange

Key Features:

Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
    Find anything: Searchable text in notes
    Work Anywhere: Notes are synchronised by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 14.1 or later
    Automatic set-up for popular email services including: Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange

What’s New:
    Use inline editor "pop-up" for quick entry for Notes
    Create a note directly from search

Key Features:

Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
    Quick tasks: Quickly create tasks, set due dates and reminders from your task list
    Stay informed: Receive notifications for upcoming tasks
    Work Anywhere: Tasks are synchronised by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 12.x or later
    Automatic set-up for popular email services including: Windows Live Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    Tasks Sync: Effortlessly sync recurring tasks, due dates and reminders

What’s New:
    Create a task directly from search
    10-27-15 11:51 AM
    Keep in mind that there are three components of the Experience Suite. The Productivity Suite with the Hub, Calendar, Contacts, etc. is included with the Priv. BBM is part of the Communications Suite that includes Worklife for BB, BBM Meetings, SecuSuite, etc. and Blend is part of the Security Suite that includes BES 12, Secure Work Spaces, etc.

There's also the question of where the BlackBerry Services app included with the Priv fits into all this.
    Does the keyboard fall under the productivity suite or the communication suite? Most people will be looking for individual components hence my suggestion to sell them separately also. That's assuming people don't just end up pirating them if possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:56 AM
    Well that screenshot still only shows email compose but the text, seems to be implying composing for social media too:

Hub:
    Attachment 377669
    [/B]
    Twitter is also in the screen shot. Look closely at the blue icon.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-27-15 12:09 PM
    Anyone seen a Universal Search bar for contacts, calendar, mail, apps... or is it tied to this crippled google bar search functions?

Well still dreaming of getting webOS like "Just Type" where i can slide out pkb and just type ahead any text like "Walmart..." and get all contacts, mails, apps displayed or could decide if i want to sms, mail, note, shopping list, calendar entry, maps search, twitter or facebook this text - well ok whatsapp wasn't on the list
    hhm that instant actions https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...niversalsearch nearly sounds what it is like on webOS

Priv simulator-universalsearch.jpg

BlackBerry Device Search makes finding information on your device quick and simple. Easily find what you need by searching your Contacts, Calendar, BlackBerry Hub email, documents, media files, and more. The BlackBerry Device Search app also offers a remote search option if the info you are looking for isn�t found on your device. To make your searches even more meaningful, you can select and filter the categories you want to look in before you begin your search. You can also use Instant Actions such as, �Call Mike,� �Map home,� or �Email Mary� to quickly perform tasks, saving you time and effort.
    Now someone has to put on the homescreen instead of google search and then it has to automatically get the cursor into the textfield when opening PKB and we have "Just Type"
    00stryder likes this.
    10-27-15 12:09 PM
    Does the keyboard fall under the productivity suite or the communication suite? Most people will be looking for individual components hence my suggestion to sell them separately also. That's assuming people don't just end up pirating them if possible.
    According to the initial announcement in March the Keyboard is part of of the Productivity Suite, but there has been no further information since then.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-bb-experience-suite.jpg  
    10-27-15 12:31 PM
    Where did the simulator go? it vanished?
    10-27-15 12:36 PM
    Maybe it got oversimulated. Needed a break or something.
    bounce007, gizmo21, shabbs and 3 others like this.
    10-27-15 12:37 PM
    Maybe it got oversimulated. Needed a break or something.
    Haha! That's funny.
    10-27-15 12:44 PM
    Probably got shut down by BlackBerry, or Telus realized it probably wasn't supposed to be up this early.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 03:34 PM
    According to the initial announcement in March the Keyboard is part of of the Productivity Suite, but there has been no further information since then.
    I think an official announcement may depend on how the Priv does. If it's able to drastically turn hardware around, as in an overwhelming success,I can see BlackBerry being a bit reluctant to release the suites.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 03:36 PM
    Not sure if these gifs were included in the Telus Simulator, but Dylan Habkirk posted these two yesterday on his BBM Channel regarding the edge notifications:

https://db.tt/NzNvx39g

https://db.tt/HYTm8lkO

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 08:20 PM
    Not sure if these gifs were included in the Telus Simulator, but Dylan Habkirk posted these two yesterday on his BBM Channel regarding the edge notifications:
    https://db.tt/NzNvx39g
    https://db.tt/HYTm8lkO
    Yes, they are from the Simulator section on the Productivity Edge. You can tell by the faint green circles.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-productivity-edge-9-14.jpg   Priv simulator-productivity-edge-10-14.jpg  
    00stryder likes this.
    10-27-15 08:43 PM
    Did anyone catch/see/know of the Priv (or android) having a feature like BB10 with "smart share suggestions"? You know, the more you share a certain file type with someone or with a certain program it creates a tile like:

Priv simulator-php0lirpc.jpg

This has to be one of BB10s nicest features other than the obvious ones.
    10-27-15 09:31 PM
    Did anyone catch/see/know of the Priv (or android) having a feature like BB10 with "smart share suggestions"? You know, the more you share a certain file type with someone or with a certain program it creates a tile like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	php0lirpc.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	499.2 KB 
ID:	377745

This has to be one of BB10s nicest features other than the obvious ones.
    Agreed! The ease of sharing is something that I absolutely love! I hope the Priv is on par.

There a few things I can overlook with android but if there is no blend, bbm video and quick share, I might hold off for a while.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-27-15 09:36 PM
    Nothing so far, no. Android has its own share functioning and I don't anticipate BlackBerry going in to overhaul the system.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-27-15 10:00 PM
    Actually BB10 Hub works a bit different than just grabbing the data, it relies on the third party developers to integrate it. For example, for WhatsApp, when you open a chat in BlackBerry, the chat dialog does not come up as an app, but rather the Hub itself access the message dialog directly and screen is "integrated" with the Hub instead of opening the app card. On Android this won't be the case, my guess.
    This is the problem and why BB10's Hub implementation is superior. Unless BBRY can somehow mimic it. The problem with consistently opening the app (In Android), via the HUB, it drains the battery. Not the case for BB10. This could be because Android itself is an aged OS, weak and messy.
    10-28-15 06:29 AM
    This is the problem and why BB10's Hub implementation is superior. Unless BBRY can somehow mimic it. The problem with consistently opening the app (In Android), via the HUB, it drains the battery. Not the case for BB10. This could be because Android itself is an aged OS, weak and messy.
    You completely cut out my second part to add your completely incorrect explanation.

Android also supports background processes to keep them running, just like BB10. Do you honestly think it's the HUB that is showing you the WhatsApp dialog, such that it doesn't need to open and "drain the battery"? That's because it's already running headless. So your battery explanation is complete BS.
    Brandon Tobias and BB-JAM215 like this.
    10-28-15 07:14 AM
    there are a few unknowns in here - we don't know if the Hub is not 'clever' on Android because they lacked a) time, b) money or c) the will.

We also don't know (well I don't and I cannot be bothered to look at the moment) if the implementation of Hub is the way it is because something about what Blackberry wants to do is prohibited or stopped by the MUST commands either in android 5.0 (which it is currently on) or because they realise that something in 6.0 (which they are likely moving to) breaks it (or even as a partner they might have already had advanced warning about 7.0).

So the nature of the hub might be down to all sorts of complex factors that we don't have an insight to - the only one we know for certain is that they are playing within a sandbox provided by a much bigger and more powerful partner.
    10-28-15 07:33 AM
    Agreed! The ease of sharing is something that I absolutely love! I hope the Priv is on par.

There a few things I can overlook with android but if there is no blend, bbm video and quick share, I might hold off for a while.
    Well the S6 has a nice share menu but i agree smart share suggestions would be awesome .... not sure if stock android has a nice share menu.
    10-28-15 08:07 AM
    If u open the app or not it will be running in the background .... android runs everything in the background so the OS loads faster .. smh get to know how android works PLZ.

Android maybe alot of things but it has the features the consumers want and the apps ...by all means BB10 is nice maybe even elegant but APPS killed it off. Also i think BB did not offer anything to persuade consumers (non BB loyalist and business/security mined persons) to come over as well as they needed to use more powerful hardware as the Passport surprised me performance wise when i tried it.

Android has a lot of battery issues but i am hoping since BB worked with Google they would have highlighted some of androids bugs to google or even fixed them in their version of the OS and made android a bit more battery friendly. i have a lot of faith in BB coders if BB10 is any indication BB may be the one to slowly fix Android or build their own version of Android for their use eventually.
    10-28-15 08:13 AM
    If u open the app or not it will be running in the background .... android runs everything in the background so the OS loads faster .. smh get to know how android works PLZ.

Android maybe alot of things but it has the features the consumers want and the apps ...by all means BB10 is nice maybe even elegant but APPS killed it off. Also i think BB did not offer anything to persuade consumers (non BB loyalist and business/security mined persons) to come over as well as they needed to use more powerful hardware as the Passport surprised me performance wise when i tried it.

Android has a lot of battery issues but i am hoping since BB worked with Google they would have highlighted some of androids bugs to google or even fixed them in their version of the OS and made android a bit more battery friendly. i have a lot of faith in BB coders if BB10 is any indication BB may be the one to slowly fix Android or build their own version of Android for their use eventually.
    Forgot to add to that BS explanation on how Android is "aged", QNX dates back to 1982, Linux dates back to 1991. So tell me who's older...
    10-28-15 08:26 AM
    Forgot to add to that BS explanation on how Android is "aged", QNX dates back to 1982, Linux dates back to 1991. So tell me who's older...
    I did not want to comment on that part if you like BB10 stay with BB10 devices and stop sounding uneducated .... when it comes to mobile devices its just a phone either you want it or not ...
    10-28-15 08:49 AM
    arrgh... this really makes me want to pre-order now... I forgot how much i missed all these features over the past 4 years as I've scrolled through.... especially the colour LED and multiple sound notifications, keyboard shortcuts, etc
    I'm with you on this too. Aaargh! Just.can't.tear.from.Spen.big screen.with.Note5.
    The keyboard, it just is too small and cramped. Had the torch,, just too cramped.

Give me a full touch AndroidBerry device!!
    10-28-15 09:33 AM
    People, while the hub might not be on par with BlackBerry 10, it is far superior to any other method on android.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    10-28-15 09:37 AM
386 ... 1213141516