That's a rather myopic statement. I have a variant of iOS, Lollipop, and BB10 at all time to test capabilities. The Z10 has been the primary phone for the last three years. Frankly I wish the Priv had the exact functionality for what *I* need but based on the quick start guide it no longer does. It no longer seems to handle attachments the way the HUB handles them... or maybe it does but so far there has been no proof of it otherwise. I upgraded one of my devices to iOS 9 because I was curious of the new features that borrow from blackberry (file attachment, direct access to storage from mail). Sadly stock iOS9 doesn't cut it and I needed to look into Outlook of all things to achieve the same email functionality of the HUB. And while I LOVE the fact that the HUB on BB10 pulls all of the notifications in one place, by what has been shown so far both in video (and in the released walkthrough guide), that doesn't seem the case anymore as it seems to be only limited to email, bbm, sms, etc with no reference to whatapp, instagram, facebook (I can be very wrong here, just going by what I've seen so far). Thus, is my comment on the Priv lacking elegance in it's design of the OS that was part of what made BB10 amazing. By no means is iOS perfect, nor is android, but that is also why I ended with that I hoping to find a reason to stay with blackberry which implies me being able to actually play with a Priv before making a final decision on anything.

The problem lies in the fact that you decided to compare me to an Apple Fanboy where all I did was express an opinion on what I see lacking for MY needs in the Priv based on pretty concrete infromation. iOS has never even come close to meeting what I need from a mobile device (and even now it needs additional better developed apps than the stock) which is why I have been using a BB for the last 15 years and BB10 since launch of the Z10.
    You do realize that for apps to integrate into the hub developers have to code in the functionality.... So it will come.... The reason it worked on bb10 is because android was sanboxed so they just pulled the notifications for android.. Chances are they are already pulling other apps into the hub we just have no proof yet.

Also reason email worked so well on BB10 is because they built the app now I can agree with you here and say they should have made a dedicated email app that the hub ties into to offer the same level of refinement that it has on BB10 but until ppl get their hands on it or blackberry answers questions / shows a full demo we are just not sure but I understand where you are coming from.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-26-15 09:13 AM
    3. Yes.

Posted via CB10
    Ok then to my knowledge simulators do not show full functionality... But ok

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-15 09:21 AM
    Plus, there are major security issues with the Outlook app, at least on iOS and at least some are design decisions, so would be the same on Android. We actively block it.
    I wasn't aware of this problem. At least Outlook syncs via Exchange ActiveSync, so one does have a good alternative. Can't say the same for others and was disappointed Google stopped supporting that type of sync for newer Gmail users.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:22 AM
    Wrong. That BlackBerry hub on android is made special. Because it operates through special kind of BIS/BES for it to work secure/private. Text/email from a person, the sms or email would go 1st to their secure servers then to your phone via hub.. that way they can eliminate piracy when someone tries to install the hub features to just another android.

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? There is no evidence of this whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    swaggardo and Brandon Tobias like this.
    10-26-15 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:36 AM
    403 Forbidden
    10-26-15 09:45 AM
    403 Forbidden
    Perhaps someone changes first posts link to "offline right now"
    trinichindian likes this.
    10-26-15 10:14 AM
    Wrong. That BlackBerry hub on android is made special. Because it operates through special kind of BIS/BES for it to work secure/private. Text/email from a person, the sms or email would go 1st to their secure servers then to your phone via hub.. that way they can eliminate piracy when someone tries to install the hub features to just another android.

Posted via CB10
    That seems awfully convoluted... especially given you could do that simply via hardware on the device. I'm also not sure what security is added by having BBRY as a man in the middle if you are already using secure email? Would I want my SMS to go to BBRY first and what is the practical benefit of that given the person sending the text is not secure to start with?
    10-26-15 10:18 AM
    Just a thought here? If you haven't watched the Berryflow podcast from last night, I would recommend it. There's a TON of information and speculation. Starting around the 39 minute mark starts a GREAT discussion on the data from the simulation.

Check it out... Podcast: Upstream #71 ~ Priv On
    10-26-15 10:22 AM
    BBM uses BlackBerry servers for secure communications and BlackBerry offers BBM Protected "Enterprise grade encryption for BBM messages between iPhone, Android and BlackBerry smartphones."

Just keep in mind that the reason BlackBerry wants to stay is the hardware business with products like the Priv is to support it's software subscription business.

BlackBerry already said the Hub will be available for other Android phones when it announced the BlackBerry Experience Suite.

As with BBM, the only way you are going to be able to have end to end secure BlackBerry communications is if the person you are communicating with also has BlackBerry software.
    10-26-15 10:32 AM
    From the quick glance I was able to take, this seems to be the BlackBerry phone I was waiting for. The widget apps remind me of the small apps or windows from the Note series or my Xperia, but with the PKB it seems to be a good combo.
    10-26-15 11:29 AM
    I forgot to quote the post asking about "Swipe up on an icon for the widget."

I don't know of an OEM doing it. But there is a developer for a very popular home launcher called Action Launcher who implemented this about 2 years ago.
    Last edited by thepolishguy; 10-26-15 at 01:17 PM.
    10-26-15 12:38 PM
    I'm getting interested in this as well. I wonder if Blend will also come to this phone or not. It would help the lazy people like me not whip out the phone to reply when you could do it from Blend.
    If Blend doesn't come - look into Pushbullet and AirDroid - they are Android apps that have a PC client and do roughly the same thing (allow you to reply to texts from your computer and search files on your phone from your computer).
    10-26-15 01:23 PM
    If Blend doesn't come - look into Pushbullet and AirDroid - they are Android apps that have a PC client and do roughly the same thing (allow you to reply to texts from your computer and search files on your phone from your computer).
    They're not as good. But yeah. It's something.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:26 PM
    I wasn't aware of this problem. At least Outlook syncs via Exchange ActiveSync, so one does have a good alternative. Can't say the same for others and was disappointed Google stopped supporting that type of sync for newer Gmail users.

Posted via CB10
    Outlook on these devices is basically a rebranding of Accompli. Two big issues:

They store your credentials in the cloud. At one point it used AWS, Microsoft likely has switched it to Azure.
    Also, multiple devices use the same device ID, so if a kill command is sent, both are killed, and you can't differentiate. I haven't seen anything that suggests these were changed.
    10-26-15 01:27 PM
    If Blend doesn't come ....
    Blend should be there, at least as part of the BlackBerry Experience Suite.
    10-26-15 01:35 PM
    OMG, what are all the BlackBerry fan boys going to do when they have to tap a home button, oh the humanity....
    10-26-15 01:56 PM
    OMG, what are all the BlackBerry fan boys going to do when they have to tap a home button, oh the humanity....
    Download swipe up utility and make it so swiping up anywhere from the bottom take you to the desktop.
    10-26-15 02:00 PM
    That's a rather myopic statement. I have a variant of iOS, Lollipop, and BB10 at all time to test capabilities. The Z10 has been the primary phone for the last three years. Frankly I wish the Priv had the exact functionality for what *I* need but based on the quick start guide it no longer does. It no longer seems to handle attachments the way the HUB handles them... or maybe it does but so far there has been no proof of it otherwise. I upgraded one of my devices to iOS 9 because I was curious of the new features that borrow from blackberry (file attachment, direct access to storage from mail). Sadly stock iOS9 doesn't cut it and I needed to look into Outlook of all things to achieve the same email functionality of the HUB. And while I LOVE the fact that the HUB on BB10 pulls all of the notifications in one place, by what has been shown so far both in video (and in the released walkthrough guide), that doesn't seem the case anymore as it seems to be only limited to email, bbm, sms, etc with no reference to whatapp, instagram, facebook (I can be very wrong here, just going by what I've seen so far). Thus, is my comment on the Priv lacking elegance in it's design of the OS that was part of what made BB10 amazing. By no means is iOS perfect, nor is android, but that is also why I ended with that I hoping to find a reason to stay with blackberry which implies me being able to actually play with a Priv before making a final decision on anything.

The problem lies in the fact that you decided to compare me to an Apple Fanboy where all I did was express an opinion on what I see lacking for MY needs in the Priv based on pretty concrete infromation. iOS has never even come close to meeting what I need from a mobile device (and even now it needs additional better developed apps than the stock) which is why I have been using a BB for the last 15 years and BB10 since launch of the Z10.
    Go back to sleep mate.....if your Z10 hub functions so well and very much better than what's on offering on the Priv, then you need not moan about the priv, cos it simply ain't for you. Besides, you already have a lollipop variant which definitely isn't the priv, so stick with that, ur Z10 and IOS and you'll have less to moan about.

Lastly, I wonder what all this talk about the hub only being able to compose emails is about.....the BlackBerry video which teased about the priv shows the user responding to a BBM message inviting him for lunch straight from the hub, what we don't know is whether that launched the full BBM app or just was a quick reply to the message as on BB10. We're all just speculating....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by soapydarren; 10-26-15 at 02:54 PM.
    10-26-15 02:39 PM
    Lastly, I wonder what all this talk about the hub only being able to compose emails is about.....
    You could be right - it's simply an observation that compose was only ever used in the simulator to describe email accounts set up in hub and everything else was listed as view. We'll see either way in a couple of days.

We're all just speculating....

Posted via CB10
    True which is why all the way through I'll largely restricted myself to reporting what the similator says and qualifying that by saying it could be incomplete or wrong.

the BlackBerry video which teased about the priv shows the user responding to a BBM message inviting him for lunch straight from the hub, what we don't know is whether that launched the full BBM app or just was a quick reply to the message as on BB10. We're all just speculating....
    Again see above - the funny thing is that google hangsouts had its own section but BBM didn't.
    10-26-15 02:59 PM
    You could be right - it's simply an observation that compose was only ever used in the simulator to describe email accounts set up in hub and everything else was listed as view. We'll see either way in a couple of days. .
    The Priv Keyboard Shortcuts Bla1ze posted here for the List of Messages in the Hub says pressing C will bring up Compose. The screen shot shows different types of messages so you would then have to choose a message type or account at that point.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-hub-keyboard-shortcuts-03.png  
    10-26-15 03:16 PM
    The Priv Keyboard Shortcuts Bla1ze posted here for the List of Messages in the Hub says pressing C will bring up Compose. The screen shot shows different types of messages so you would then have to choose a message type or account at that point.
    But that's the unknown that none of us actually have an answer for - does that compose in the hub or does that evoke the app if its not email.
    10-26-15 03:19 PM
    But that's the unknown that none of us actually have an answer for - does that compose in the hub or does that evoke the app if its not email.
    I think we can assume that if you opened the Hub and didn't select anything, it would have to give you a choice of message type.
    cgk likes this.
    10-26-15 03:31 PM
    The list of blackberry android apps that just got listed on the Google store. it does explains further in to some of the un answered questions that telus simulator was lacking. I hope it helps some what.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited

Priv simulator-bb.jpgPriv simulator-bb2.jpgPriv simulator-bb3.jpgPriv simulator-bb4.jpgPriv simulator-bb5.jpg
    10-26-15 04:07 PM
    Fixed to vkb, and yes this was great to see!
    thanks hahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 04:07 PM
386 ... 1011121314 ...