Thanks Toni. So basically apps that Blackberry built (because we all knows Blackberry built the Facebook and Twitter apps in BB10). Yet there's no mention of anything else nor does the language leave it open ended to "other possibilities". Again, I WANT someone to prove me wrong definitely.
    I doubt BlackBerry built these apps for the Google play store... they have no need to build apps now with ANDROID

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 05:10 AM
    Thanks Toni. So basically apps that Blackberry built (because we all knows Blackberry built the Facebook and Twitter apps in BB10). Yet there's no mention of anything else nor does the language leave it open ended to "other possibilities". Again, I WANT someone to prove me wrong definitely.
    The Priv will be using the Android FB and Twitter apps. And they're integrated. And we've already SEEN Hangouts integration. So you're already proven wrong. Be happy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-15 05:18 AM
    Cant wait to get my hands on the system APK's. Going to port these over to the Nexus 6. Selling my Z30 in the classifieds if anyone is interested.
    10-26-15 05:28 AM
    Cant wait to get my hands on the system APK's. Going to port these over to the Nexus 6. Selling my Z30 in the classifieds if anyone is interested.
    I wonder if the apps will actually check for the injected PIN and have hardware DRM. Much like back in the days some software requires a hardware key.
    10-26-15 06:20 AM
    I wonder if the apps will actually check for the injected PIN and have hardware DRM. Much like back in the days some software requires a hardware key.
    Since they plan to sell the Productivity Suite to other Android and iOS users, why would it check for the injected PIN?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 06:28 AM
    Since they plan to sell the Productivity Suite to other Android and iOS users, why would it check for the injected PIN?

Posted via CB10
    First, I think we know the answer to WHY they would want to do it.

Second, the BlackBerry Experience Suite that will be offered to other devices may have differences and will probably be sold using a different model (like part of a BES subscription). It too may be associated with a user's PIN.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 10-26-15 at 06:56 AM.
    Camelhmpz and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-26-15 06:40 AM
    Let's go BlackBerry. I may not be ordering this phone at this moment but surely will be soon. I'm in love with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 06:48 AM
    There is no question that Hub draws on other apps.

For example, with text messaging, Hub uses the default text messaging app OR whatever text messaging app is selected by the user.

Also, there is no question that Hub integrates instant messaging apps other than BBM.

Basically Hub gathers all messages and notifications into one place.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 06:56 AM
    Just wait for the reviews to see what the hub looks like. Also you know you could load the outlook app on the priv as well.

10-26-15 06:59 AM
    Just wait for the reviews to see what the hub looks like. Also you know you could load the outlook app on the priv as well.

Why would you want to use Outlook on a Priv? Get another Android phone if that's what you want.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:00 AM
    Why would you want to use Outlook on a Priv? Get another Android phone if that's what you want.

Posted via CB10
    Keyboard. It's all about choice.
    10-26-15 07:03 AM
    To each his own.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:04 AM
    It was just a suggestion for me there are a few reasons I'm considering he Priv vs other androids.
    10-26-15 07:06 AM
    The outlook app is ok but I perfer NINE for 0365 stuff.
    10-26-15 07:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Activation. If the device has an injected PIN means it's a BlackBerry device, you can run the suite for free. If not, you need to purchase a license in-app.

Otherwise if they use Play Store, someone can buy the app and use it on all their devices. I'm not aware Play Store doing per-device authorizations for apps. If I were BlackBerry I would definitely go with a per-device licensing model over a per-user.
    10-26-15 07:11 AM
    Bla1ze did say it was out of date! based on what he has currently! and we must wait we'll see soon!
    for the record, Bla1ze never said it is "based on what he has currently ". Mum is the word. Lol!
    10-26-15 07:13 AM
    I believe that Hub will be updated from Google Play OOTB with new features.

If it is on Google Play, People can grab the APK. I would imagine that BlackBerry has taken steps so that it won't work on other devices. But maybe BlackBerry would let copying go on to spread the word.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:17 AM
    Cool tutorial pictures of the BlackBerry Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 10-26-15 at 07:41 AM.
    10-26-15 07:27 AM
    The outlook app is ok but I perfer NINE for 0365 stuff.
    Nine is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    cgk likes this.
    10-26-15 07:39 AM
    Why doesn't the link work - was it pulled ?
    10-26-15 08:06 AM
    Why doesn't the link work - was it pulled ?
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-26-15 08:07 AM
    It really pains me to write this. I've been a staunch blackberry user in an industry where everyone has an iPhone. It was not out of being different but because I have specific needs that the hub was able to provide. After going through all of the pages and the "Special Features" I honestly feel this phone has lost the elegance of BB10. It's lost the simplicity of computing power was available before. It's a neutered animal that is trying to play with others. I've spent the last few days playing with ios 9 (the FIRST version I would even consider) and have found Outlook of all things to handle emails and attachments similarly to the hub including listing attachments that were sent to you ala HUB Attachment feature. With a Swift keyboard the stock ios keyboard is no longer an issue. I'm not trying to convince anyone of jumping ship but I'm desperately hoping to find a reason to stay with blackberry at this point. even in the android version.
    1. Swift key can be used on android.
    2. Outlook is available on android
    3. Do you really expect a simulator to go in full detail of all the special features
    4. You have not tested the priv or used it in person so how do you know iOS is better.
    5. Even if you don't like android you can still buy a BB10 device and be happy.....

If you want the iPhone by all means get it.. Don't judge a phone you never used based on a limited scenario simulator.... Thanks for your contribution though.

10-26-15 08:27 AM
    1. Swift key can be used on android.
    2. Outlook is available on android
    3. Do you really expect a simulator to go in full detail of all the special features
    4. You have not tested the priv or used it in person so how do you know iOS is better.
    5. Even if you don't like android you can still buy a BB10 device and be happy.....

If you want the iPhone by all means get it.. Don't judge a phone you never used based on a limited scenario simulator.... Thanks for your contribution though.

3. Yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Plus, there are major security issues with the Outlook app, at least on iOS and at least some are design decisions, so would be the same on Android. We actively block it.
    10-26-15 08:36 AM
    Wrong. That BlackBerry hub on android is made special. Because it operates through special kind of BIS/BES for it to work secure/private. Text/email from a person, the sms or email would go 1st to their secure servers then to your phone via hub.. that way they can eliminate piracy when someone tries to install the hub features to just another android.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and Jrox74 like this.
    10-26-15 09:07 AM
386 ... 910111213 ...