I disagree. The hub's main benefit for me is to see all my messages and notifications in one place. I could care less if it goes into the app or a hub 'card' to respond.
    Actually, better to go to the full functionality of the app.
    But, it must be dead easy to get back to the hub and it be in the same place in my message list as when I did the reply.

Posted via CB10
    "to each their own "

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-25-15 11:21 PM
    It really pains me to write this. I've been a staunch blackberry user in an industry where everyone has an iPhone. It was not out of being different but because I have specific needs that the hub was able to provide. After going through all of the pages and the "Special Features" I honestly feel this phone has lost the elegance of BB10. It's lost the simplicity of computing power was available before. It's a neutered animal that is trying to play with others. I've spent the last few days playing with ios 9 (the FIRST version I would even consider) and have found Outlook of all things to handle emails and attachments similarly to the hub including listing attachments that were sent to you ala HUB Attachment feature. With a Swift keyboard the stock ios keyboard is no longer an issue. I'm not trying to convince anyone of jumping ship but I'm desperately hoping to find a reason to stay with blackberry at this point. even in the android version.
    10-25-15 11:42 PM
    It really pains me to write this. I've been a staunch blackberry user in an industry where everyone has an iPhone. It was not out of being different but because I have specific needs that the hub was able to provide. After going through all of the pages and the "Special Features" I honestly feel this phone has lost the elegance of BB10. It's lost the simplicity of computing power was available before. It's a neutered animal that is trying to play with others. I've spent the last few days playing with ios 9 (the FIRST version I would even consider) and have found Outlook of all things to handle emails and attachments similarly to the hub including listing attachments that were sent to you ala HUB Attachment feature. With a Swift keyboard the stock ios keyboard is no longer an issue. I'm not trying to convince anyone of jumping ship but I'm desperately hoping to find a reason to stay with blackberry at this point. even in the android version.
    See there is the problem: you TRIED iOS 9 for a few days but not the PRIV and you are already convinced that iOS 9 is better. How can that be? I mean sure a blindsided Apple Fanboy will be happy to only test iOS and then bash the rest without testing it, but if you are really a current BBOS 10 user then bashing the PRIV while praising iOS 9 while you only tested the latter does not make much sense

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 12:16 AM
    Does anyone know what type of sim card this takes?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-15 12:31 AM
    Since people are fascinated with the shortcuts as well for some reason...
    Speaking of shortcuts... Anyone remembers how we were able to reach an option from the menu real fast on bbos, By pressing the first letter of the wanted option after opening the menu ??
    What if the purpose of the 0 button is to act as a menu button? then u'd scroll through the options by the touchpad pkb

Priv simulator-blackberryvenice.jpg

I think they're trying to minimize the need to reach back to the screen as much as they can..

I actually tried doing it on my q5 which resulted in nothing.

What do u think peeps?

Speaking of the touchpad... do you think well be able to make selections and interactions with the ui through it like we did with the trackpad on bbos? Or bb10 with classic

That truly shortned the time i needed to reach ton
    Last edited by Abdullah Mahayni; 10-26-15 at 12:57 AM.
    10-26-15 12:36 AM
    Does anyone know what type of sim card this takes?
    It takes a Nano Sim.
    10-26-15 12:38 AM
    It takes a Nano Sim.
    Where did you see this?!

10-26-15 12:41 AM
    Where did you see this?!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-1-a-1043862/
    10-26-15 12:44 AM
    Priv simulator-ovzjmxk.png
    So as it says C for compose "message" not "e-mail", perhaps we still have a chance of composing messages for different network-account types like e-Mail, bbm, sms or even twitter, facebook directly in the hub.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by gizmo21; 10-26-15 at 02:21 AM.
    10-26-15 01:05 AM
    Is it possible if Blackberry Hub to be as main homescreen?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:28 AM
    So as it says C for compose "message" not "e-mail", perhaps we still have a chance of composing messages for different network-account types like e-Mail, bbm, sms or even twitter, facebook directly in the hub.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Maybe but the simulator only ever use compose for email - everything else is view.

(everything else being text, facebook and twitter).

Is it possible if Blackberry Hub to be as main homescreen?

Posted via CB10
    Its an email app not a launcher.
    10-26-15 01:54 AM

http://i.imgur.com/yVJYBtl.png
    http://i.imgur.com/BPU1XDF.png
    http://i.imgur.com/OVZjmxk.png
    great thanks bla1ze............now all we need is your hands on review soon yes ?
    10-26-15 02:00 AM
    Maybe but the simulator only ever use compose for email - everything else is view.

(everything else being text, facebook and twitter).

Its an email app not a launcher.
    But there might be some widgets with that hub app, we'll find out soon!
    cgk likes this.
    10-26-15 02:28 AM
    But there might be some widgets with that hub app, we'll find out soon!
    Could be or the simulator could be out of date

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    10-26-15 02:30 AM
    Could be or the simulator could be out of date

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Bla1ze did say it was out of date! based on what he has currently! and we must wait we'll see soon!
    10-26-15 02:34 AM
    Well there you go then - the hub could be all the singing all dancing thing that some of you want.
    swaggardo and eyesopen1111 like this.
    10-26-15 02:45 AM
    See there is the problem: you TRIED iOS 9 for a few days but not the PRIV and you are already convinced that iOS 9 is better. How can that be? I mean sure a blindsided Apple Fanboy will be happy to only test iOS and then bash the rest without testing it, but if you are really a current BBOS 10 user then bashing the PRIV while praising iOS 9 while you only tested the latter does not make much sense

Posted via CB10
    That's a rather myopic statement. I have a variant of iOS, Lollipop, and BB10 at all time to test capabilities. The Z10 has been the primary phone for the last three years. Frankly I wish the Priv had the exact functionality for what *I* need but based on the quick start guide it no longer does. It no longer seems to handle attachments the way the HUB handles them... or maybe it does but so far there has been no proof of it otherwise. I upgraded one of my devices to iOS 9 because I was curious of the new features that borrow from blackberry (file attachment, direct access to storage from mail). Sadly stock iOS9 doesn't cut it and I needed to look into Outlook of all things to achieve the same email functionality of the HUB. And while I LOVE the fact that the HUB on BB10 pulls all of the notifications in one place, by what has been shown so far both in video (and in the released walkthrough guide), that doesn't seem the case anymore as it seems to be only limited to email, bbm, sms, etc with no reference to whatapp, instagram, facebook (I can be very wrong here, just going by what I've seen so far). Thus, is my comment on the Priv lacking elegance in it's design of the OS that was part of what made BB10 amazing. By no means is iOS perfect, nor is android, but that is also why I ended with that I hoping to find a reason to stay with blackberry which implies me being able to actually play with a Priv before making a final decision on anything.

The problem lies in the fact that you decided to compare me to an Apple Fanboy where all I did was express an opinion on what I see lacking for MY needs in the Priv based on pretty concrete infromation. iOS has never even come close to meeting what I need from a mobile device (and even now it needs additional better developed apps than the stock) which is why I have been using a BB for the last 15 years and BB10 since launch of the Z10.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-26-15 04:34 AM
    Yep, all communication on BB10 is routed through the Hub, with exception to third party apps that haven't been granted access by BlackBerry. So via the Hub, for any accounts that you've set up on your device, you can read/respond to messages that you receive. That includes email, appointment invites (via email that are automatically listed in the calendar app), SMS/MMS messages, phone calls/voicemail, emergency alerts, BBM, Facebook (private messages, limited wall notifications), Twitter (same), LinkedIn, Foursquare, and some apps developed by independent devs like Blaq (Twitter app) or Igrann (Instagram app).

Posted via CB10
    Oh sorry I wasn't clear. I have a BB10, so I know about the BB10 Hub. My rhetorical questions were about the Priv Hub

10-26-15 04:37 AM
    I disagree. The hub's main benefit for me is to see all my messages and notifications in one place. I could care less if it goes into the app or a hub 'card' to respond.
    Actually, better to go to the full functionality of the app.
    But, it must be dead easy to get back to the hub and it be in the same place in my message list as when I did the reply.

Posted via CB10
    That's key. Getting back to the Hub.

10-26-15 04:39 AM
    How can Outlook be like the Hub when it only does Email?

10-26-15 04:40 AM
    That's a rather myopic statement. I have a variant of iOS, Lollipop, and BB10 at all time to test capabilities. The Z10 has been the primary phone for the last three years. Frankly I wish the Priv had the exact functionality for what *I* need but based on the quick start guide it no longer does. It no longer seems to handle attachments the way the HUB handles them... or maybe it does but so far there has been no proof of it otherwise. I upgraded one of my devices to iOS 9 because I was curious of the new features that borrow from blackberry (file attachment, direct access to storage from mail). Sadly stock iOS9 doesn't cut it and I needed to look into Outlook of all things to achieve the same email functionality of the HUB. And while I LOVE the fact that the HUB on BB10 pulls all of the notifications in one place, by what has been shown so far both in video (and in the released walkthrough guide), that doesn't seem the case anymore as it seems to be only limited to email, bbm, sms, etc with no reference to whatapp, instagram, facebook (I can be very wrong here, just going by what I've seen so far). Thus, is my comment on the Priv lacking elegance in it's design of the OS that was part of what made BB10 amazing. By no means is iOS perfect, nor is android, but that is also why I ended with that I hoping to find a reason to stay with blackberry which implies me being able to actually play with a Priv before making a final decision on anything.

The problem lies in the fact that you decided to compare me to an Apple Fanboy where all I did was express an opinion on what I see lacking for MY needs in the Priv based on pretty concrete infromation. iOS has never even come close to meeting what I need from a mobile device (and even now it needs additional better developed apps than the stock) which is why I have been using a BB for the last 15 years and BB10 since launch of the Z10.
    http://i.imgur.com/bcfvrwd.png
    MaxR_A likes this.
    10-26-15 04:50 AM
    Agreed, it does only email. My primary communication is email so this is a bigger issue for me over everything else (Though I do love having everything in one place). Outlook, most likely pillaged this from BB10, where it allows you to browse various locations on the device like Google Drive or Dropbox but it ALSO allows you to browse attachments that were sent to you. This is a hub email feature I use more times than I can count to be honest. I knew Mail couldn't do it but was shocked to find Outlook having the same feature. Again, this goes back to things that I need.
    10-26-15 04:51 AM
    Thanks Toni. So basically apps that Blackberry built (because we all knows Blackberry built the Facebook and Twitter apps in BB10). Yet there's no mention of anything else nor does the language leave it open ended to "other possibilities". Again, I WANT someone to prove me wrong definitely.
    10-26-15 04:55 AM
    Eagerly waiting for your hands-on Bla1ze!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 04:58 AM

I suppose by "Outlook" you mean the app? I have a lot of functionality baked into my PC Program.
    10-26-15 05:08 AM
386 ... 89101112 ...