Didn't this carrier create them for their own customers as a tutorial? Maybe I'm wrong. I know Verizon also does this, but not as nice.

Posted via CB10
    I'm literally about to lose my mind over this phone! Hopefully this week there will be a CDMA variant or there will be some clarity about the bands. This phone is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:28 PM
    wow I am actually really surprised by the features this phone has!

I was not expecting the productivity edge at all so that was really nice
    I like that the custom LED is still an option
    The hub looks nice but obv not as good as BB10 (good enough though)
    I love the multitasking menu. I hate the stock carousel on android, and iPhone. I think this makes it easier to use
    The pop up widgets assigned to apps is really well done too! Seems to me like its a response to apples force touch except with more functionality. I hope that it is available on more apps though
    I like how customizable everything is too which really makes the experience nicer
    I do wish they had shown the notification shade (Drop down) though
    also the lock screen and if it interacts similarly to BB10's
    Overall its much more than what I expected!
    10-25-15 07:29 PM
    Didn't this carrier create them for their own customers as a tutorial? Maybe I'm wrong. I know Verizon also does this, but not as nice.
    Okay, that's a possibility. It's nice to know, then, that carriers are actively working on tutorials for launch.
    10-25-15 07:40 PM
    wow I am actually really surprised by the features this phone has!

I was not expecting the productivity edge at all so that was really nice
    I like that the custom LED is still an option
    The hub looks nice but obv not as good as BB10 (good enough though)
    I love the multitasking menu. I hate the stock carousel on android, and iPhone. I think this makes it easier to use
    The pop up widgets assigned to apps is really well done too! Seems to me like its a response to apples force touch except with more functionality. I hope that it is available on more apps though
    I like how customizable everything is too which really makes the experience nicer
    I do wish they had shown the notification shade (Drop down) though
    also the lock screen and if it interacts similarly to BB10's
    Overall its much more than what I expected!
    Priv simulator-led.jpg

I think this might answer you about the LED notification
    Last edited by Darkknight1996; 10-25-15 at 08:44 PM.
    10-25-15 08:25 PM
    The software development group has stepped up since JC took over. Look at where BB10 is now compared to 2 years ago.

I was a Naysayer to BB10 prior to the changes. BlackBerry listen to our complains and corrected them. For the last year I've been impressed with the changes.

The Priv will be just fine. Looking forward for this company to move forward and once again being the leader.

Thanks for starting a "positive post". Let the Naysayer go fish on another forum.

Edit: Impressed by what was done in a short period with less resources. People forget what a half *** OS BB10 was when it came out. The AndroidBBOS will only get better faster under JC. Won't be long before the App Developers and the public acknowledge.

PIN 2COF829A
    I'll agree with everything except.

Most software delete lopes have been let go, essentially none of the top ones that don't know android. They've been blind sided and I think this was a VERY bad move by BlackBerry. Now with Priv or any other success with BlackBerry Android builds we can forget about official support for porting to existing quad core devices like the Passport. I'm still waiting for a hack but I'll only purchase an SE Passport to use BlackBerry's Android, even though it'll cost me nothing to get it on Bell. I want the success to prove that BlackBerry is in it for the long run.

BlackBerry neglected listening until sales too a significant nose dive only then did they adjust BlackBerry 10 with new features that existed in BROS within 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:35 PM
    man I can not wait to have this on big red so i can grab it Nov 6
    I believe I read on their page that there's no Sprint or Vz. Must be that cdma thing.
    bonnev659 likes this.
    10-25-15 08:42 PM
    I believe I read on their page that there's no Sprint or Vz. Must be that cdma thing.
    Well duh... Telus is a carrier in Canada. Why would they have information about two US carriers?
    nick13b likes this.
    10-25-15 09:02 PM
    Since people are fascinated with the shortcuts as well for some reason...

http://i.imgur.com/yVJYBtl.png
    http://i.imgur.com/BPU1XDF.png
    http://i.imgur.com/OVZjmxk.png
    These screen shorts reveal something interesting. I see a green Hangouts icon a gray Hangouts icon and what look like gray generic text message icon (the message from Ian Dundas about the BBQ).

On Android, Hangouts can be used for both text messages and Hangouts messages. Maybe the green is a Hangout chat and the gray is an SMS? Or does the gray mean read vs. unread.

And what's the generic gray message from Ian Dundas? Or is that a twitter DM?

Looks like good Hub integration, at least for those apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 09:03 PM
    Here's some of what you get:
    Interesting Notes and Tasks. Similar icons to Remember but now separated.

I hope they sync to Evernote and Exchange respectively.

10-25-15 09:10 PM
    These screen shorts reveal something interesting. I see a green Hangouts icon a gray Hangouts icon and what look like gray generic text message icon (the message from Ian Dundas about the BBQ).

On Android, Hangouts can be used for both text messages and Hangouts messages. Maybe the green is a Hangout chat and the gray is an SMS? Or does the gray mean read vs. unread.

And what's the generic gray message from Ian Dundas? Or is that a twitter DM?

Looks like good Hub integration, at least for those apps.

If it's like BB10, the colored icons (green, yellow, blue, whatever) correspond to unread messages from those specific apps (Hangouts, regular SMS, and BBM, respectively). Not sure if that's what's going on here but it's the most logical explanation.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-25-15 09:15 PM
    I really hope the pull down notification drawer doesn't permanently display bbm like my m9 does.
    10-25-15 09:17 PM
    if "snowball" is in any way a reference to the movie clerks, i'm definitely not interested!
    rule 1: Must urban dictionary first
    rule 2: Urban dictionary again
    00stryder likes this.
    10-25-15 09:18 PM
    BB never sells CDMA phones direct. That pages means nothing.

00stryder likes this.
    10-25-15 09:19 PM
    I really hope the pull down notification drawer doesn't permanently display bbm like my m9 does.
    Go into bbm settings and turn off the option where it says �always show connected�

10-25-15 09:21 PM
    If it's like BB10, the colored icons (green, yellow, blue, whatever) correspond to unread messages from those specific apps (Hangouts, regular SMS, and BBM, respectively). Not sure if that's what's going on here but it's the most logical explanation.

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense. So does BB Hub have a native SMS management? Because that message from Ian Dundas has an icon than is neither Hangouts nor the Google Messenger app.

Also curious is that if that mysterious logo is a text, then that means they're showing off the Hub with actual Hangouts messages. That strikes me as odd since Hangouts is direct competition for BBM.

Could that Ian Dundas message be a Twitter DM?

10-25-15 09:22 PM
    That's a connected notification, not a message notification. The Hub will show message notifications.

Anyway you can turn that off in Android BBM, and, unless you have a crap phone, you can ignore the warning too.

10-25-15 09:24 PM
    Since people are fascinated with the shortcuts as well for some reason...

http://i.imgur.com/yVJYBtl.png
    http://i.imgur.com/BPU1XDF.png
    http://i.imgur.com/OVZjmxk.png
    Hey can you give me the source, please ???
    10-25-15 09:25 PM
    Makes sense. So does BB Hub have a native SMS management? Because that message from Ian Dundas has an icon than is neither Hangouts nor the Google Messenger app.

Also curious is that if that mysterious logo is a text, then that means they're showing off the Hub with actual Hangouts messages. That strikes me as odd since Hangouts is direct competition for BBM.

Could that Ian Dundas message be a Twitter DM?

Yep, all communication on BB10 is routed through the Hub, with exception to third party apps that haven't been granted access by BlackBerry. So via the Hub, for any accounts that you've set up on your device, you can read/respond to messages that you receive. That includes email, appointment invites (via email that are automatically listed in the calendar app), SMS/MMS messages, phone calls/voicemail, emergency alerts, BBM, Facebook (private messages, limited wall notifications), Twitter (same), LinkedIn, Foursquare, and some apps developed by independent devs like Blaq (Twitter app) or Igrann (Instagram app).

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:28 PM
    I liked that feature too
    10-25-15 09:37 PM
    These screen shorts reveal something interesting. I see a green Hangouts icon a gray Hangouts icon and what look like gray generic text message icon (the message from Ian Dundas about the BBQ). ...
    Not sure how it shows in the Hub, but you can add color accents to email accounts.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-add-email-account-accent-14-16.jpg  
    10-25-15 09:37 PM
    Hey can you give me the source, please ???
    No, you'll have it in a few days.
    10-25-15 10:07 PM
    No, you'll have it in a few days.
    Thanks for anwser me I feel crazy about this phone @@
    10-25-15 10:28 PM
    The Droid 4 was pretty good.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    10-25-15 10:35 PM
    A lot more bb10 features being brought over than I initially thought. Super pumped. No doubt this will be the best android device out there. If some how they could pump Samsung type marketing down everyone's throat.
    10-25-15 11:03 PM
    No, one of the main features is to answer and view third party apps in the hub.
    This is a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. The hub's main benefit for me is to see all my messages and notifications in one place. I could care less if it goes into the app or a hub 'card' to respond.
    Actually, better to go to the full functionality of the app.
    But, it must be dead easy to get back to the hub and it be in the same place in my message list as when I did the reply.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 11:04 PM
386 ... 7891011 ...