link is not working for me.
    It went down a few hours ago
    10-25-15 04:04 PM
    I guess I'm too late but the photo app, video app, music app: are they BB OS 10 style or Android?
    I wish you're able to see titles/names of the photos in the thumbnail overview like with OS7. It wasn't available in OS 10.
    10-25-15 04:12 PM
    I guess I'm too late but the photo app, video app, music app: are they BB OS 10 style or Android?
    I wish you're able to see titles/names of the photos in the thumbnail overview like with OS7. It wasn't available in OS 10.
    All android as you would expect.
    WT44 likes this.
    10-25-15 04:15 PM
    Looks like they took the site down. Glad so much got covered here. There was nothing about BBM on those tutorials, but there was hangouts. Doubt we will get BBM video.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 377470
    No one that played with device to date has seen bbm video running on android.

That's a doozy for me as it is one of my main communication tools.
    10-25-15 04:22 PM
    With Android being so easily customized, why didn't BlackBerry relocate menu bar/buttons down to the bottom of the screen to give it a bit of BB10 feel? Those menus are ridiculously far away if you're using the device one-handed, and is one of many examples where Android usability suffers.
    TX Jedi and gizmo21 like this.
    10-25-15 05:05 PM
    With Android being so easily customized, why didn't BlackBerry relocate menu bar/buttons down to the bottom of the screen to give it a bit of BB10 feel? Those menus are ridiculously far away if you're using the device one-handed, and is one of many examples where Android usability suffers.
    Although BlackBerry wants to appeal to the (very small) existing BB10 user base, they also must appeal to the wider Android crowd. They don't want to stray too far from an Android experience, or people will just return the phones for being "too complicated". It's a tough balancing act.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-25-15 05:09 PM
    smh. I'm intrigued as to why you constantly post comments doubting my word on this, more so as you have categorically stated you are NOT buying this device.
    Since when did I say I'm not buying it? I think you're getting emotional. Besides even though reps have repeatedly said that, there is still possibility of error given how big and messy Rogers is. Uptight much?
    10-25-15 05:11 PM
    man I can not wait to have this on big red so i can grab it Nov 6
    Camelhmpz and Deanig_12 like this.
    10-25-15 05:19 PM
    I'm getting interested in this as well. I wonder if Blend will also come to this phone or not. It would help the lazy people like me not whip out the phone to reply when you could do it from Blend.
    10-25-15 05:25 PM
    They better be doing a launch event for all this. They could get CNET going nuts for it.
    RigoMonster and wincyUt like this.
    10-25-15 05:49 PM
    They better be doing a launch event for all this. They could get CNET going nuts for it.
    Indeed! This device deserves to be properly introduced in a Loud and Proud manner! Consumers should in no way be compelled to look through forums such as this to digest all that the PRIV has to offer. They (through the media) should be spoon-fed via a clean visual and sound bite presentation. No better way to get free marketing and the word out to the masses.

Passport on AT&T
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-25-15 05:58 PM
    All android as you would expect.
    Here's some of what you get:
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-priv-apps-2-3-8.jpg  
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-25-15 06:15 PM
    Looking around Google seems to be an investor in an app called snowball that is intended to aggregate notifications
    If "snowball" is in any way a reference to the movie Clerks, I'm definitely not interested!
    Toodeurep and brad94sc like this.
    10-25-15 06:18 PM
    And the Productivity Edge works on both sides.

Posted via CB10
    It does? How so?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:28 PM
    It does? How so?

Posted via CB10

You can adjust it in the settings for left hand use or right handed use.
    PolarSea likes this.
    10-25-15 06:30 PM
    You can adjust it in the settings for left hand use or right handed use.
    Oh I thought @ptbsb meant both sides simultaneously.....

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:32 PM
    Since people are fascinated with the shortcuts as well for some reason...

10-25-15 06:33 PM
    Here's a copy of many of the images from the Telus leak, from a Reddit poster (in Russian):
    Telus ???????? ??????????? ????????? BlackBerry Priv | BlackBerry ? ??????
    10-25-15 06:35 PM
    Some of this stuff is older, which seems rather odd, given they're expected to put it live soon. Of course, that might also be part of why it was taken down aside from the fact it features some stuff BlackBerry hasn't announced yet lol.
    10-25-15 06:38 PM
    Some of this stuff is older, which seems rather odd, given they're expected to put it live soon. Of course, that might also be part of why it was taken down aside from the fact it features some stuff BlackBerry hasn't announced yet lol.
    Lol!

Is there an NDA on when the NDA is over?

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-25-15 06:42 PM
    Since people are fascinated with the shortcuts as well for some reason...

http://i.imgur.com/yVJYBtl.png
    http://i.imgur.com/BPU1XDF.png
    http://i.imgur.com/OVZjmxk.png
    Oh man that is sweet. I think people who haven't used a physical keyboard will find out how more efficient and how convenient things can be with a physical keyboard.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-25-15 06:42 PM
    Here's a copy of many of the images from the Telus leak, from a Reddit poster (in Russian):
    Telus ???????? ??????????? ????????? BlackBerry Priv | BlackBerry ? ??????
    P.S a right mouse click on the text permits translation of the whole page
    10-25-15 06:46 PM
    There is nothing to suggest there are duplication notifications - it's all stock android for notifications - you only see what is in the hub when you are in the hub - its a stand alone app.

Think about it this way rather than like it is on BB10 - hub is an email app that also shows a few notification from other apps.
    Yes, the Hub shows a unified email inbox, plus all app notifications (in BB10), plus today's and tomorrow's calendar entries. For example, in Android I'm using Type Mail. An email arrives and it appears in the unified inbox of that app, and a notification appears in the pull-down panel. The intended flow for Android is to use the panel, which opens the app, and in doing so makes the notification go away. So, let me see, if I open Type Mail directly....hmmm, yes, the panel notification goes away. So if the Hub works similarly in Android, opening it will remove and redundant notifications from the pull-down panel. At least, that's how I think it should work. Otherwise, using the Hub would cause a long queue of panel notifications to accumulate.

As I said in the other thread, I can see this being pretty successful, eventually as an add-on app. Not everyone is thrilled with the stock Gmail and email apps. Add in Twitter, Facebook, and WhatsApp (eventually), and I think it'll get some traction. And as you've pointed out, others will try to copy it, as appears to be already happening. But this could actually be a case of BlackBerry getting in the door first and establishing a base with other app developers, instead of playing catch-up.

I could happen.
    10-25-15 06:55 PM
    The mind boggling thing for me is that this post did way more than BlackBerry has done with their "no-press-event" decision.
    Who do you think created the images? And for what purpose? Maybe for a launch? Hmm?
    10-25-15 07:08 PM
    Who do you think created the images? And for what purpose? Maybe for a launch? Hmm?
    Didn't this carrier create them for their own customers as a tutorial? Maybe I'm wrong. I know Verizon also does this, but not as nice.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:15 PM
386 ... 678910 ...