Guessing by the number of Android phones is PKB... none...
    They did exist, it's just they all are junk.
    10-25-15 02:38 PM
    I loved what I see but I'm sad I didn't see one with quick reply to messages.... I would have loved that bb10 feature to make it as no android device has it but one can get it if a app called floatify is used.. But I love what they did so far the productivity edge could also be expanded later

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 02:39 PM
    I just want to know at this point if I can have it like my HTC M9. On this phone you swipe up from the bottom to bring up the circles and options.

Where all I've heard for the PRIV if you long press the home button instead of swiping up.

If I can swipe up like the M9, that'd be great.
    10-25-15 02:40 PM
    Well, I certainly hope the simulator is wrong, though I doubt it, and the Hub is functional, like on BB10. Otherwise, really, what's the use, if I still need to respond from the actual Android app, whether via the Android notifications or not. Disappointing.
    JNorth22 likes this.
    10-25-15 02:42 PM
    Well, I certainly hope the simulator is wrong, though I doubt it, and the Hub is functional, like on BB10. Otherwise, really, what's the use, if I still need to respond from the actual Android app, whether via the Android notifications or not. Disappointing.
    Welcome to Android.

It's all about the app being in your face untiul you send it to the background for the next one.
    10-25-15 02:43 PM
    What happened to the three dots under some apps? Did they take this feature out?
    This is covered under Special Features: Using Pop-Up Widgets.

1. Use Pop Up Widgets to get a glance of key information from all your applications* (where supported). Swipe up or down on an app to activate widgets on direct on screen.
    2. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
    3. Tap the Settings icon.
    4. Tap Pop-up widgets.
    5.Tap the Home icon.
    6. Swipe up on an app with a widget indicator beneath its name.
    7. Select a widget to view as a pop up.
    8. Tap the Home icon.
    9. Swipe up on the app to view the selected widget pop-up. This allows you to peek at notifications quickly for available apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-pop-up-widgets-5-7-10.jpg  
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-25-15 02:45 PM
    More and More i read about how blackberry made King google realized that it has no clothes when it comes to security, More and more it looks like that BB10 and and android may merge one day. because it is better for each other. The king google gets it's pants Back and blackberry will get some essential sales to keep it's hardware division going. Looking deeply at the Telus simulator, it shows that Blackberry is not only capable of securing device down to the hardware but showing the android kings that this is how a hub can be done. a phone can be thin but have touch and real keyboard, device can have large battery at the same times etc etc. I like the way how blackberry not only giving King google it's security blanket to cover and compete with kings like apple but also releasing new details slowly so that naysayers who jump to the negative speculations too early will think twice before they make another prediction. the actual ship date is 2 weeks away. so plenty of times to release more info.
    the best part is that Blackberry kept the stock android untouched on the surface IMO. Then again, I am no expert in android. still think that BB10 is the best os out there. Good idea that Blackberry has decided to Join The queen Google and have the opportunity to show the world what it can do or what does it have.
    Just pre ordered mine from Rogers.
    10-25-15 02:45 PM
    I knew there were a couple a few years back. Is there any new android phone that has pkb even if it's 50$ phone? I really don't know
    10-25-15 02:47 PM
    Holy hell.

This thread actually made me question whether I should have purchased the BlackBerry Passport SE or not.

Jesus. This might actually turn BlackBerry 180 degrees!!
    nick13b and Greened like this.
    I just want to know at this point if I can have it like my HTC M9. On this phone you swipe up from the bottom to bring up the circles and options.

Where all I've heard for the PRIV if you long press the home button instead of swiping up.

If I can swipe up like the M9, that'd be great.
    Here's what the Simulator says:
    Swipe to the BlackBerry Hub icon. You can also swipe up to Google or the Device search from this screen.
    nick13b likes this.
    I don't know about Marshmallow, but in Lollipop there's no way to turn off just panel notifications, without also turning off sound and LED. You can turn off all notifications, and in many cases you can turn off sound or LED from withing the app, but you can't turn off panel notifications but leave sound and LED intact. And that will indeed mean that Hub accounts will leave redundant notifications in the panel.

In BB10 we don't just get messages in the Hub; we get notifications that podcast updates are ready, utility apps are running, and so on. The Hub handles it all. In Android, there might be a way to pull app notifications into the Hub, but there may not be a way to turn them off in the pull-down panel. Unless Google gives them a way to do it.
    I'm so glad and thankful that many of you dug through this so deeply. This new "limited" Hub, with the potential for duplicate notifications (Hub and native Android) gives !e pause. Hmmmm!
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-25-15 02:48 PM
    More and More i read about how blackberry made King google realized that it has no clothes when it comes to security, More and more it looks like that BB10 and and android may merge one day. because it is better for each other. The king google gets it's pants Back and blackberry will get some essential sales to keep it's hardware division going. Looking deeply at the Telus simulator, it shows that Blackberry is not only capable of securing device down to the hardware but showing the android kings that this is how a hub can be done. a phone can be thin but have touch and real keyboard, device can have large battery at the same times etc etc. I like the way how blackberry not only giving King google it's security blanket to cover and compete with kings like apple but also releasing new details slowly so that naysayers who jump to the negative speculations too early will think twice before they make another prediction. the actual ship date is 2 weeks away. so plenty of times to release more info.
    the best part is that Blackberry kept the stock android untouched on the surface IMO. Then again, I am no expert in android. still think that BB10 is the best os out there. Good idea that Blackberry has decided to Join The queen Google and have the opportunity to show the world what it can do or what does it have.
    Just pre ordered mine from Rogers.
    number in the queue?
    10-25-15 02:48 PM
    No, one of the main features is to answer and view third party apps in the hub.
    This is a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    ^^Agree!
    10-25-15 02:49 PM
    If it is seamless, it doesn't matter. You click on a hub notifications and respond to the message. It doesn't matter if you are technically in Hub or in Google messenger.

Posted via CB10
    Depends. Now, in the BB10 Hub, when I'm done with my message, I'm still in the Hub. Where do I end up when I'm done on the Priv:s Hub? Am I still in the Hub, or in the linked app?
    lawguyman likes this.
    10-25-15 02:52 PM
    I'm so glad and thankful that many of you dug through this so deeply. This new "limited" Hub, with the potential for duplicate notifications (Hub and native Android) gives !e pause. Hmmmm!
    There is nothing to suggest there are duplication notifications - it's all stock android for notifications - you only see what is in the hub when you are in the hub - its a stand alone app.

Think about it this way rather than like it is on BB10 - hub is an email app that also shows a few notification from other apps.
    10-25-15 03:03 PM
    number in the queue?
    in the 170s range on October 23rd. just dont wanna give the actual number
    Priv simulator-bb.jpg
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-25-15 03:05 PM
    i say the same, i want full bb hub..same bb10, if i only reply emails i dont want it
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-25-15 03:06 PM
    This thread makes me happy I cancelled my Nexus 6P order to get the Priv.
    nick13b likes this.
    10-25-15 03:09 PM
    Its not clear it does that - if you set up your email in gmail and you use hangouts, it doesn't appear that stuff appears in hub. On the accounts screen, you have to specifically pick "set up as hub account" but if you were a novice user and knew that your work uses exchange, that is actually labelled for the gmail mail (it says Exchange (gmail). The hub also controls none of the notifications. If you want to know what is going out in hub, you have to open hub.

The way the documentation is written - it looks like they think productivity edge will be the bigger deal.
    And the Productivity Edge works on both sides.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    10-25-15 03:13 PM
    This thread makes me happy I cancelled my Nexus 6P order to get the Priv.
    now i have note 5, and i want to buy priv
    nick13b, Deanig_12 and Greened like this.
    10-25-15 03:14 PM
    I see pre-orders are on for $699. Specs are high. Processor is a dual core and a quad core.

How long till the price drops a tad?

Shipping starts Nov 6.
    10-25-15 03:14 PM
    There is nothing to suggest there are duplication notifications - it's all stock android for notifications - you only see what is in the hub when you are in the hub - its a stand alone app.

Think about it this way rather than like it is on BB10 - hub is an email app that also shows a few notification from other apps.
    Thanks cgk. That's what I meant. You just said it much better than I did.
    cgk and Greened like this.
    10-25-15 03:19 PM
    The mind boggling thing for me is that this post did way more than BlackBerry has done with their "no-press-event" decision.
    10-25-15 03:53 PM
    Looks like they took the site down. Glad so much got covered here. There was nothing about BBM on those tutorials, but there was hangouts. Doubt we will get BBM video.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 377470
    10-25-15 03:58 PM
    link is not working for me.
    10-25-15 04:01 PM
386 ... 56789 ...