I found this screen (1 of 4 in Deleting Conversations from Blackberry Hub) which seems to indicate that you can select a text message thread and compose a new message.
    I think all that does is open the actual messaging app.

The hub is going to be the crown of this phone.
    Not sure how you'd work that out from the Telus site? Seems to be a take or leave it email app - the default like the browser will be to gmail. The only thing the telus site says you can compose in it is emails, everything was listed as view.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-25-15 01:38 PM

Not sure how you'd work that out from the Telus site? Seems to be a take or leave it email app - the default like the browser will be to gmail. The only thing the telus site says you can compose in it is emails, everything was listed as view.
    Frankly, so what? The point of hub is to Have all your messages in one place. It accomplishes that. There are advantages to composing and sending the message in the native app. As long as the experience is fluid, it doesn't matter to the end user.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:44 PM
    Productivity edge seems to something they haven't talked about - apps you drag in from far right for quick select:
    Thanks for sharing all these, gives us a good idea of what's in the OS. Much appreciated.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-25-15 01:45 PM
    really we need whatsapp ipdate app for use with bb hub?
    10-25-15 01:45 PM
    PRIV is an absolute beast. I'm buying one.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, La Emperor, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-25-15 01:47 PM
    Frankly, so what? The point of hub is to Have all your messages in one place. It accomplishes that. There are advantages to composing and sending the message in the native app. As long as the experience is fluid, it doesn't matter to the end user.

Posted via CB10
    Its not clear it does that - if you set up your email in gmail and you use hangouts, it doesn't appear that stuff appears in hub. On the accounts screen, you have to specifically pick "set up as hub account" but if you were a novice user and knew that your work uses exchange, that is actually labelled for the gmail mail (it says Exchange (gmail). The hub also controls none of the notifications. If you want to know what is going out in hub, you have to open hub.

The way the documentation is written - it looks like they think productivity edge will be the bigger deal.
    10-25-15 01:48 PM
    I think the difference is that in BB10 you can either choose Compose from the Priority Hub and then choose an account or choose and account and then Compose. With the Priv you have to choose the Account first.
    10-25-15 01:49 PM
    after reading the whole page, one concern is overlapping Hub and native Gmail/other app notifications... It looks like anything you can attach as an account to the Hub can have it's own notifications, (email accounts only i think) but external apps will be limited to the android default....
    I don't know about Marshmallow, but in Lollipop there's no way to turn off just panel notifications, without also turning off sound and LED. You can turn off all notifications, and in many cases you can turn off sound or LED from withing the app, but you can't turn off panel notifications but leave sound and LED intact. And that will indeed mean that Hub accounts will leave redundant notifications in the panel.

In BB10 we don't just get messages in the Hub; we get notifications that podcast updates are ready, utility apps are running, and so on. The Hub handles it all. In Android, there might be a way to pull app notifications into the Hub, but there may not be a way to turn them off in the pull-down panel. Unless Google gives them a way to do it.
    10-25-15 01:52 PM
    Its not clear it does that - if you set up your email in gmail and you use hangouts, it doesn't appear that stuff appears in hub. On the accounts screen, you have to specifically pick "set up as hub account" but if you were a novice user and knew that your work uses exchange, that is actually labelled for the gmail mail (it says Exchange (gmail). The hub also controls none of the notifications. If you want to know what is going out in hub, you have to open hub.

The way the documentation is written - it looks like they think productivity edge will be the bigger deal.
    Well. We'll see. I think all notifications appear in the hub. Some apps are hub optimized so that messages can be composed and responded to there.

On BB10, if I got an Ebay hub notification, clicking on it would open Ebay. It only makes sense that it would work this way.

If it doesn't, BlackBerry dropped the ball but I doubt they would do things like that. It wouldn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-25-15 01:53 PM
    the link don't work for me ?
    10-25-15 01:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, one of the main features is to answer and view third party apps in the hub.
    This is a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 and JNorth22 like this.
    10-25-15 01:54 PM
    I will let you know next month...ordered couple more.
    La Emperor, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    10-25-15 01:55 PM
    Thought that the productivity edge is quite well done.
    Can peek from left or right hand side of the screen - flexibility
    If they did it like HTC blink feed, that would be so limited, even if it resembles BB10 more.

On the productivity edge you can peek at hub, calendar, task and contacts - more functional
    Well. We'll see. I think all notifications appear in the hub. Some apps are hub optimized so that messages can be composed and responded to there.

On BB10, if I got an Ebay hub notification, clicking on it would open Ebay. It only makes sense that it would work this way.

If it doesn't, BlackBerry dropped the ball but I doubt they would do things like that. It wouldn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea, I'm not making any guesses - All I'm actually talking about is what the documentation itself says - and that is email, text, facebook and twitter. It could do all the things you claim but that is not in the simulator - either in the text or the pictures.
    No, one of the main features is to answer and view third party apps in the hub.
    This is a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    If it is seamless, it doesn't matter. You click on a hub notifications and respond to the message. It doesn't matter if you are technically in Hub or in Google messenger.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-25-15 01:57 PM
    Just realized that it does have the keyboard short cuts. Not sure what other Android phone has that?
    Priv simulator-bb.jpg
    Uzi, Corbu and Greened like this.
    10-25-15 01:58 PM
    exciting times
    10-25-15 01:59 PM
    Just realized that it does have the keyboard short cuts. Not sure what other Android phone has that?
    accord to the guide, you select the app and then long-hold the key to set it.
    10-25-15 02:00 PM
    Love those shortcuts and Noticed that Hold and speed dial is available too. this gets better and better.

Priv simulator-bb.jpg
    10-25-15 02:05 PM
    Anyone seen a Universal Search bar for contacts, calendar, mail, apps... or is it tied to this crippled google bar search functions?

Well still dreaming of getting webOS like "Just Type" where i can slide out pkb and just type ahead any text like "Walmart..." and get all contacts, mails, apps displayed or could decide if i want to sms, mail, note, shopping list, calendar entry, maps search, twitter or facebook this text - well ok whatsapp wasn't on the list
    nick13b likes this.
    10-25-15 02:17 PM
    Anyone seen a Universal Search bar for contacts, calendar, mail, apps... or is it tied to this crippled google bar search functions?
    Google search is indeed on the home screen as required by King Google however swipe up and left evokes universal search - although I don't remember anything in the guide about what it actually searches... sorry.
    10-25-15 02:24 PM
    Google search is indeed on the home screen as required by King Google however swipe up and left evokes universal search - although I don't remember anything in the guide about what it actually searches... sorry.
    I looked. There was nothing about it other than that it can be reached from a long press on the home button

Posted via CB10
    cgk likes this.
    10-25-15 02:31 PM
    Here's what it says under Special Features:

Acessing BlackBerry Hub, Google, and Device Search
    From any screen on your BB Priv use swipe shortcuts to get to items that are important in your life faster than ever before.
    From any screen on your BB Priv use swipe shortcuts to get to items that are important in your life faster than ever before.
    From the Home screen, touch and hold the Home icon.
    From the Home screen, touch and hold the Home icon. Item is located in the bottom center of the screen
    Swipe to the BlackBerry Hub icon. You can also swipe up to Google or the Device search from this screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-hub-google-device-search.jpg  
    cgk, Greened and gizmo21 like this.
    10-25-15 02:31 PM
    Man-o-man! Had no intention of buying this device. This thread is now making me rethink that. I showed the wife and my daughter and now they want one also! Thanks OP!

Corbu, sidhuk, RigoMonster and 2 others like this.
    10-25-15 02:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	1426 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	377447
    Guessing by the number of Android phones is PKB... none...
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-25-15 02:36 PM
386 ... 45678 ...