Seems they have taken it down - oh well we got all the goodies out of it first.
    10-25-15 11:44 AM
    * The only thing you can compose in Hub is email
    * You can *view* but not edit other information sources in hub
    * You can click on something in Hub to take you to that app*

HUB is therefore an email/PIM app that also allows you to see but not do anything with information from other apps.

* This last one is a guess because all the simulation says over and over is "view" with nothing more. There is nothing else on there.
    Hub is the one place to view all the communications important in your life. Whether its phone calls, emails, txt messages, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, or Calendar appointments - BlackBerry Hub is your one stop shop for integrated communications.
    Well i hope SMS writing would be in Hub too if not configured in Hangout (the evil within) or calendar event creating is possible in Hub. Hopefully at least all of those shortcuttable functions are possible to create within hub

Priv simulator-priv_shortcuts.jpg
    10-25-15 11:48 AM
    Wow. That's so dumb. Literally all they had to do was add a hub panel to the left of the homescreen. bs

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    If the Simulator was accurate, I think you need to put out of your head how Hub works or is integral to the experience on BB10 - here it just seems to be a standalone email app with the ability to also keep a track of stock notifications. That the settings are for left swipe or right to evoke Productivity edge suggests BBRY thinks that is an actual differentiator rather than another email client.
    10-25-15 11:50 AM
    Hangouts sucks. I use Messenger by Google:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.messaging

10-25-15 11:50 AM
    Well i hope SMS writing would be in Hub too if not configured in Hangout (the evil within) or calendar event creating is possible in Hub. Hopefully at least all of those shortcuttable functions are possible to create within hub
    You seem to have two stock choices - there is a texting app called messenger (which seems to the google made app) or also you can get hangouts to handle that - however there was nothing on any any of the pages that suggests that a) hangouts interacts with the hub or b) you can do anything but view notification in the hub unless it is an email account set up in hubs.

(They might add that function later or the simulator might be wrong or out of date)
    10-25-15 11:55 AM
    If the Simulator was accurate, I think you need to put out of your head how Hub works or is integral to the experience on BB10 - here it just seems to be a standalone email app with the ability to also keep a track of stock notifications. That the settings are for left swipe or right to evoke Productivity edge suggests BBRY thinks that is an actual differentiator rather than another email client.
    Isn't that hard to implement a hub in the left panel. HTC, Samsung and who knows who else has implemented an app in their launcher left panel..

Priv simulator-screenshot_2015-10-26-02-55-17.jpg
    Priv simulator-screenshot_2015-10-26-02-52-27.jpg

10-25-15 12:01 PM
    Very cool!!!
    10-25-15 12:05 PM
    True. I went through it and very much liked it.
    10-25-15 12:30 PM
    "wallet about to scream"? Isn't it screaming like hell,already?
    Naw, it's currently humming church hymns since I've been so light on it lately. It's in for a rude awakening.
    10-25-15 12:31 PM
    Anyone managed to grab full tutorial screen shot?
    Extracted what i got from Firefoxcache using "CacheViewer" extension using searchterm:
    http://content.sds.modeaondemand.com/

Mostly pictures, but no text is there. Tell me which name the picture could have you search, like "contact import"

Priv simulator-feature-contacts-import-04.jpg
    Uzi, cgk and 00stryder like this.
    10-25-15 12:41 PM
    Anyone managed to grab full tutorial screen shot?
    This?
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-priv-simulator-all.jpg  
    10-25-15 12:50 PM
    Yup, getting a 403 error (don't have the privileges to view).

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639 to 2789
    10-25-15 01:01 PM
    Attachment 377375
    Pressing X to close open apps is just one option, they still kept the android feature to swipe to app to the side to close it as well

Posted via CB10
    Love the fact that they changed the recent task menu. I LOVE IT. Android recent task menu is almost useless as it is right now. Scrollable staked cards SMH, it's like android is going backwards with thier UI design.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-25-15 01:03 PM
    Need someone to put together a list of all of the Priv differentiators, hardware and software, that can be posted on every website that keeps saying: there are other cheaper and more featured Android phones, Priv is overpriced.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-25-15 01:03 PM
    Need someone to put together a list of all of the Priv differentiators, hardware and software, that can be posted on every website that keeps saying: there are other cheaper and more featured Android phones, Priv is overpriced.
    There are 15 special features if I recall correctly
    sidhuk and 00stryder like this.
    10-25-15 01:05 PM
    This is a summary of what I *think* we've learnt today if the information in the simulator was correct:

* productivity edge means you swipe in from left or from right (user-defined) to quick open user-defined apps (upto four it seems)
    * On certain apps, you can swipe up on the app to open a widget
    * Pretty much most of the experience is stock android
    * Hub is a standalone largely generic email app that also allows you to view information from a couple of other apps but the only compose option is for emails
    * emails only appear in hub if you set them up in hub as hub account
    * Notification are stock and unrelated to Hub
    * Hard keyboard short-cuts are confirmed
    * Swipe up allows you to open Search, Google Now and Hub
    * Because of Productivity hub, swipe left doesn't take you to google now or hub
    * Per account LED colors
    *. Per account colors in hub
    *. Per contact ringtones
    *. Per account numbers of vibrate notifications.
    10-25-15 01:06 PM
    Anyone notice that the default Simulator Priv render does not contain a notification LED next to the camera lens and the tutorial does not mention anything about LED notifications?
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-priv-simulator-camera-area.jpg  
    10-25-15 01:15 PM
    Crap, we'll that's when west coast living is a disadvantage..

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:19 PM
    Anyone notice that the default Simulator Priv render does not contain a notification LED next to the camera lens and the tutorial does not mention anything about LED notifications?
    It mentioned led notification colors. You can choose.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    10-25-15 01:26 PM
    really? bb hub is limited compared to bb10?

I LOVE HUB BB10!!!!!!
    10-25-15 01:27 PM
    File Manager is this present?! Apparently there is one very very limited in Marshmallow but it's very hidden to access.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:28 PM
    File Manager is this present?! Apparently there is one very very limited in Marshmallow but it's very hidden to access.

Posted via CB10
    I never came across it - anyone else see it?
    10-25-15 01:32 PM
    * Hub is a standalone largely generic email app that also allows you to view information from a couple of other apps but the only compose option is for emails
    I found this screen (1 of 4 in Deleting Conversations from Blackberry Hub) which seems to indicate that you can select a text message thread and compose a new message.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-bb-hub-texts.jpg  
    cgk, Toodeurep, nick13b and 4 others like this.
    10-25-15 01:34 PM
    I was on the side lines for buying the Priv because i was told that this is JUST ANOTHER ANDROID. but now looking at the new features at this thread i am convinced that it has lots of unique differentiators that android didnt have. The hub is going to be the crown of this phone. even the most bearish fans of blackberry is having hard time finding flaws based on what has been released on the Telus site and they getting exhausted it seems.
    The hub is showing emails, BBM, call logs and sms messages. looks like others are joining to be on board. so for looks good. this thread has convinced me to Buy Priv.
    Thanks.
    Priv simulator-bb.jpgPriv simulator-bb2.jpg
    and more info and slides at.
    Checkout this PRIV by BlackBerry web tutorial
    La Emperor, Corbu, wincyUt and 3 others like this.
    10-25-15 01:35 PM
    Seems I still have it in my Safari browser. Not sure if there is an easy way to extract it all vs screenshot one at a time?
    10-25-15 01:37 PM
386 ... 34567 ...