Definitely getting the PRIV! The keyboard shortcuts and HUB integration are going to make my transition from BB10 much easier. Especially excited about access to apps without the bugs of running Android on BB10. Now the wait for it to come to AT&T as I have an upgrade coming...

Passport on AT&T
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-25-15 09:48 AM
    Productivity edge can be from either side:

Priv simulator-capture.png
    10-25-15 09:56 AM
    after reading the whole page, one concern is overlapping Hub and native Gmail/other app notifications... It looks like anything you can attach as an account to the Hub can have it's own notifications, (email accounts only i think) but external apps will be limited to the android default.... the bb hub basically seems to have it's own access to gmail for instance, you see the secondarly login screen, seperate from the settings in the accounts window of settings... I see some annoying cross-over stuff happening here. It would make more sense for the BB Hub app to use whatever accounts are listed in the 'accounts' area of the settings. This is stuff that maybe they will work on over time though.... I hope <3
    10-25-15 09:57 AM
    This is way cool.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 10:01 AM
    after reading the whole page, one concern is overlapping Hub and native Gmail/other app notifications... It looks like anything you can attach as an account to the Hub can have it's own notifications, (email accounts only i think) but external apps will be limited to the android default.... the bb hub basically seems to have it's own access to gmail for instance, you see the secondarly login screen, seperate from the settings in the accounts window of settings... I see some annoying cross-over stuff happening here. It would make more sense for the BB Hub app to use whatever accounts are listed in the 'accounts' area of the settings. This is stuff that maybe they will work on over time though.... I hope <3
    its looks to be that the hub is entirely separate to the notifications which appear to be stock android from the simulation - so you understand what is going on in the hub by opening the hub itself, if you click on a notification it takes you to the individual apps - unless I've missed a picture in the simulation - anyone?

Edit:

Actually skimming a lot of the pictures I think this is the score.

* Notifications are entirely stock - clicking on a notification takes you to that app
    * Hub doesn't do any notifications outside of itself
    * The only thing you can compose in Hub is email
    * You can *view* but not edit other information sources in hub
    * You can click on something in Hub to take you to that app*

HUB is therefore an email/PIM app that also allows you to see but not do anything with information from other apps.

It also seems that HUB does not interact with Hangouts - so if you set up hangouts for messaging AND SMS, I don't think they appear in HUB.

* This last one is a guess because all the simulation says over and over is "view" with nothing more. There is nothing else on there.
    Last edited by cgk; 10-25-15 at 10:21 AM.
    10-25-15 10:08 AM
    The software development group has stepped up since JC took over. Look at where BB10 is now compared to 2 years ago.

I was a Naysayer to BB10 prior to the changes. BlackBerry listen to our complains and corrected them. For the last year I've been impressed with the changes.

The Priv will be just fine. Looking forward for this company to move forward and once again being the leader.

Thanks for starting a "positive post". Let the Naysayer go fish on another forum.

Edit: Impressed by what was done in a short period with less resources. People forget what a half *** OS BB10 was when it came out. The AndroidBBOS will only get better faster under JC. Won't be long before the App Developers and the public acknowledge.

PIN 2COF829A
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 10-25-15 at 10:31 AM.
    10-25-15 10:12 AM
    Why did I just look at all this? My wallet is about to scream.
    Haha. Me too. I've convinced myself that I'm going to wait since I don't need a new phone right now. Now I'm really thinking about getting it sooner rather than later. I'm sure once it's available in the T-Mobile store, and I get some hands-on time, I won't be able to resist. Haha

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 10:17 AM
    If the 799 off contract price on Rogers is true...
    smh. I'm intrigued as to why you constantly post comments doubting my word on this, more so as you have categorically stated you are NOT buying this device.
    10-25-15 10:18 AM
    Why did I just look at all this? My wallet is about to scream.
    "wallet about to scream"? Isn't it screaming like hell,already?
    10-25-15 10:31 AM
    its looks to be that the hub is entirely separate to the notifications which appear to be stock android from the simulation - so you understand what is going on in the hub by opening the hub itself, if you click on a notification it takes you to the individual apps - unless I've missed a picture in the simulation - anyone?

Edit:

* Notifications are entirely stock - clicking on a notification takes you to that app

HUB is therefore an email/PIM app that also allows you to see but not do anything with information from other apps.

It also seems that HUB does not interact with Hangouts - so if you set up hangouts for messaging AND SMS, I don't think they appear in HUB.

* This last one is a guess because all the simulation says over and over is "view" with nothing more. There is nothing else on there.
    Quoting myself - also looks like email appears in Hub, if you as the user set it up as a HUB account - notice how you have Hub account and also Exchange (gmail). I think that is because if you want GAPPS that has to be allowed to be the primary place to get Exchange as default.

Priv simulator-capture.png

So if the user sets up Gmail with their exchange and also uses hangouts - then none of that appears in Hub. The more I go through the pages, the more I'm convinced its a standalone email app with no real 'hooks'.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-25-15 10:36 AM
    When you scroll left on Samsung and HTC on the homescreen you are brought to their designed news reader. I'm hoping when you scroll left on the BlackBerry Priv you are brought to the hub.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    trinichindian likes this.
    10-25-15 10:41 AM

Edit:

Notifications being entirely stock is my impression as well. I posted a question earlier about setting custom sound notifications per app...and that doesn't look possible at this time.

Swiped from my Z30 /10.3.2
    10-25-15 10:52 AM
    Android is swipe to wake screen, so that's not new. Also there is an X to close an app. Also there is a minimize when you tap and hold an app that keeps it open in a small pop up, just like windows on a PC.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    10-25-15 10:52 AM
    Looks like they didn't implement blackberry browser and blackberry music player, i loved them two on BB10 (

nick13b likes this.
    10-25-15 10:53 AM
    Notifications being entirely stock is my impression as well. I posted a question earlier about setting custom sound notifications per app...and that doesn't look possible at this time.

Swiped from my Z30 /10.3.2
    Not all bad though... Unlikely a whatsapp message is very important...at least for me I have two work gmail accounts, and being able to differentiate between those each, and then generic notifications isn't too bad. Not perfect, but not terrible. Things like this I really hope to see worked on over time
    10-25-15 10:55 AM
    Looks like they didn't implement blackberry browser and blackberry music player, i loved them two on BB10 (

Use the HTC Music Player application apk from XDA Developers. It's pretty sick like the BB10 one and also shows the lyrics of your songs in a tab you can open when listening to music. It's a fantastic alternative.

seemsixty7 likes this.
    10-25-15 11:00 AM
    What happened to the three dots under some apps? Did they take this feature out?

Posted via CB10
    If you look at the adding widgets section, they are there. I believe it shows whether an app has widget support or not.
    10-25-15 11:01 AM
    See...

Attached Thumbnails Priv simulator-screenshot_2015-10-25-12-01-41.jpg  
    10-25-15 11:06 AM
    Link doesn't seem to work. .
    10-25-15 11:20 AM
    When you scroll left on Samsung and HTC on the homescreen you are brought to their designed news reader. I'm hoping when you scroll left on the BlackBerry Priv you are brought to the hub.

I don't think any of that is the case because Swipe left or right is for Productivity edge as per the settings page. To get to Hub or Google now is swipe up from bottom and then Left (Search) middle (google now) or right (Hub).
    10-25-15 11:23 AM
    I don't think any of that is the case because Swipe left or right is for Productivity edge as per the settings page. To get to Hub or Google now is swipe up from bottom and then Left (Search) middle (google now) or right (Hub).
    Wow. That's so dumb. Literally all they had to do was add a hub panel to the left of the homescreen. bs

10-25-15 11:25 AM
    Looks like Telus by mistake got the page on Priv tutorial online by mistake....the page is not opening up for me now though it worked few hours ago

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 11:28 AM
    Sounds like awesome features I am even more excited to get mine now!
    10-25-15 11:35 AM
    Anyone managed to grab full tutorial screen shot?
    10-25-15 11:36 AM
    Going to the link via my iPad, it is a blank screen.
    10-25-15 11:39 AM
386 ... 23456 ...