I've been struggling to get Priv by AT&T to be unlocked. This is my 2nd replacement from AT&T warranty department that can't be unlocked even though the unlock code was provided by AT&T, by calling and waiting 24-48 hours to get the code.

When I insert other carrier SIM card, it asked for unlock code. I entered more than 1 time, exactly as it is shown, it says "SIM Network unlock request unsuccessful". Tried calling blackberry direct..and they said they no longer provide support for Priv.

This is so frustrating. Anyone ever run into similar issues? What's the alternative? I know after multiple failed attempts, the phone will be MEP locked, which I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks
    01-10-17 01:13 PM
    I've been struggling to get Priv by AT&T to be unlocked. This is my 2nd replacement from AT&T warranty department that can't be unlocked even though the unlock code was provided by AT&T, by calling and waiting 24-48 hours to get the code.

When I insert other carrier SIM card, it asked for unlock code. I entered more than 1 time, exactly as it is shown, it says "SIM Network unlock request unsuccessful". Tried calling blackberry direct..and they said they no longer provide support for Priv.

This is so frustrating. Anyone ever run into similar issues? What's the alternative? I know after multiple failed attempts, the phone will be MEP locked, which I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks
    I am appalled that BB arbitrarily ended their complimentary support. I just started a new thread about this issue.

If AT&T can't unlock the phone and you are entitled to such unlocking, demand a refund and purchase unlocked directly from ShopBB. Although, now that BB has suspended their support - what else about them is suspect!!!!
    01-10-17 02:20 PM
    So they sent me to the corporate store which I knew they can't do anything...but went ahead comply with their request. Sure enough...im here..they can't do anything.

Called CS back..they said the code is working just fine on their end..but entering that darn code just doesn't work on the phone.

I wonder if att refurbished phones are permanently blocked to their network???
    01-10-17 02:31 PM
    Well....now is MEP locked. 3rd refurbished phone will be send...

Amazing!! What's up with all refurbished phones?

If anyone had luck unlocking refurbished phone before successfully...let me know.
    01-10-17 02:55 PM
    Going through this myself. First device was unlocked, after a few faulty replacement just got this one unlocked. Was given code by At&t and it says unsuccessful. Waiting on AT&t to finish their research and see if there's another code. Otherwise I was told they would just send me another one and try again. Not very hopeful.
    01-10-17 08:29 PM
    Well...the third refurb Priv arrived, entered the new unlock code supplied by AT&T..."SIM NETWORK UNLOCK REQUEST UNSUCCESFUL". Transferred to Blackberry....and blackberry said they can't do anything either because they're not the one who put the lock.

This is just beyond me...what's up Blackberry????
    01-11-17 02:50 PM
    Well...the third refurb Priv arrived, entered the new unlock code supplied by AT&T..."SIM NETWORK UNLOCK REQUEST UNSUCCESFUL". Transferred to Blackberry....and blackberry said they can't do anything either because they're not the one who put the lock.

This is just beyond me...what's up Blackberry????
    Why BlackBerry? They're correct in telling you they didn't lock it. AT&T locked it to AT&T network. What does it have to do with BlackBerry? What are they supposed to do? They didn't sell you the phone?
    01-11-17 03:15 PM
    Why BlackBerry? They're correct in telling you they didn't lock it. AT&T locked it to AT&T network. What does it have to do with BlackBerry? What are they supposed to do? They didn't sell you the phone?
    That is correct they didn't sell the phone or provide the phone to me...but at the end,....it's blackberry phone. Shouldn't they have all the codes or at least help getting AT&T square away with this?

I'm posting here to see if there are anyone out there who has the same frustrating experience and how they go about resolving this matter.

I'm still blackberry fan...using Dtek60, passport, priv, z10, you name it....
    01-11-17 03:20 PM
    That is correct they didn't sell the phone or provide the phone to me...but at the end,....it's blackberry phone. Shouldn't they have all the codes or at least help getting AT&T square away with this?

I'm posting here to see if there are anyone out there who has the same frustrating experience and how they go about resolving this matter.

I'm still blackberry fan...using Dtek60, passport, priv, z10, you name it....
    That's great, however, BlackBerry is not part of this problem. It's like complaining to your insurance company about problems with your automobile.

AT&T could not care less about BlackBerry...
    01-11-17 03:42 PM
    Update: I was sent an email by ATT stating the Priv is no longer supported and there is no unlock code avaliable for my device. ATT warranty is now sending me another device so I can repeat the same process with a different Imei.
    01-12-17 11:53 AM
    Update: I was sent an email by ATT stating the Priv is no longer supported and there is no unlock code avaliable for my device. ATT warranty is now sending me another device so I can repeat the same process with a different Imei.
    Yeah...I'm not sure I don't understand what they're trying to do. They're locking their Privs and sending people the certified refurbished which in turn they themself can't unlock or support. Let me know how it goes with you.
    01-12-17 12:15 PM
    I went thru the same experience months ago. It was so terrible that I just threw my hands up. I refuse to by a phone from at&t ever again. The worst part of experience is uninformed reps that think they know more about BlackBerry and the thieves they work for than us.
    Wezard likes this.
    01-13-17 01:00 PM
    I had a similar experience. ATT Priv that the unlock code first worked on. Used it on T-Mobile then sent it overseas to someone. Once it was there the phone was relocked and would no longer accept the unlock code that had already worked once. Weird problem.
    01-14-17 11:56 PM
    Any update on your attempt getting your priv unlocked by AT&T??
    01-20-17 01:18 PM
    That might be the one benefit of being with Verizon. They no longer lock the BB's they sell (and other brands??????)
    01-20-17 04:48 PM
    I was sent another Priv, went through the whole process again and same result. They provided an unlock code but it does not work. They are sending me yet another for the heck of it but I pretty much gave up. I don't think they will be able to unlock any refurbished Priv's.
    01-21-17 10:01 AM
    So even their ICU department said they can't do anything. So they will be sending another one..which would be my 4th.

The funny thing is..now they said the code is not generated by AT&T... it is direct by BlackBerry. AT&T requested the code from them..and if it doesn't work...theres nothing AT&T can do.

So who is it? I'm confused now...
    01-21-17 06:09 PM
    So even their ICU department said they can't do anything. So they will be sending another one..which would be my 4th.

The funny thing is..now they said the code is not generated by AT&T... it is direct by BlackBerry. AT&T requested the code from them..and if it doesn't work...theres nothing AT&T can do.

So who is it? I'm confused now...
    Sounds like they're passing the buck. The carrier is responsible for locking and unlocking phones. BlackBerry does nothing more than supply them the phones. Nothing BlackBerry can do if AT&T won't help. It sounds suspicious that these codes aren't working. I've unlocked numerous phones of all types on a few carriers and never a hitch. Sounds like you're just being given the run around. They're hoping you eventually give up and leave them alone.
    01-22-17 08:42 AM
    Sounds like they're passing the buck. The carrier is responsible for locking and unlocking phones. BlackBerry does nothing more than supply them the phones. Nothing BlackBerry can do if AT&T won't help. It sounds suspicious that these codes aren't working. I've unlocked numerous phones of all types on a few carriers and never a hitch. Sounds like you're just being given the run around. They're hoping you eventually give up and leave them alone.
    Or once a phone's sim module gets locked, it is permanently locked and maybe the REFUB process does not reverse that leaving the phones UNABLE to be unlocked???????
    01-22-17 10:50 AM
    But if you think about it...how could AT&T comes up with the locking mechanism, isn't it must be collaborated with manufacturer? And when we request the unlock code, isn't AT&T pass the request to manufacturer who will generate the unlock code?

I'm wondering if any 3rd party can unlock this?
    01-22-17 11:50 AM
    But if you think about it...how could AT&T comes up with the locking mechanism, isn't it must be collaborated with manufacturer? And when we request the unlock code, isn't AT&T pass the request to manufacturer who will generate the unlock code?

I'm wondering if any 3rd party can unlock this?
    I'm pretty sure the lock is on the SIM. Maybe I'm wrong and it's in the OS. I dunno. Either way the carrier is the one that locks the phones and is the only one that can unlock it.
    01-22-17 05:55 PM
    Subsidy locking is a function of BlackBerry's contract with the carrier. Yes, they actually furnish these devices as locked to the carrier and provide a master IMEI list of the same devices with all the unlock codes. I requested my unlock code from AT&T last week and it worked the first time around. However, I did not use a non-native Sim card to prompt the question but rather navigated to the subsidy unlock section in settings. I recommend doing this instead of inserting a non-native card to prod the unlock question.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-17 11:01 PM
    Subsidy locking is a function of BlackBerry's contract with the carrier. Yes, they actually furnish these devices as locked to the carrier and provide a master IMEI list of the same devices with all the unlock codes. I requested my unlock code from AT&T last week and it worked the first time around. However, I did not use a non-native Sim card to prompt the question but rather navigated to the subsidy unlock section in settings. I recommend doing this instead of inserting a non-native card to prod the unlock question.
    Will the section in setting open up when you didn't insert non-native? I thought it's grayed out.

I will see if this works on the next replacement
    01-22-17 11:07 PM
    Quick update..after going through 5 refurbished Priv by AT&T warranty department, none of them were successfully unlocked, although all the codes were provided and validated by AT&T. As I expected, something to do with the phone being refurbished.

Then I went ahead try my colleague Priv that were purchased brand new from the store when it was launched. Went ahead and purchased the code from safeunlockcode.com, got it, entered it...and now the phone is UNLOCKED!!! On 1st try.

So for those of you who got refurbished phone and attempt to unlock, I don't think it's going to work unfortunately.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-31-17 08:31 PM
    That makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't see how a phone being refurbished would eliminate the ability to unlock it.
    02-01-17 04:44 PM
27 12