So delicate piece that has been broken after 3-4 times only....beware Priv users.

Any idea where / how I can get a replacement ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-08-16 02:17 PM
    I was unable to find one online. It would SEEM to be a user replaceable part BUT I am unable to find one at my go to shop (etrade supply) or ebay or Amazon.
    03-08-16 02:55 PM
    This may be related to the fact that the device IMEI and SN are imprinted on the SIM tray itself. BlackBerry would not be likely to manufacture OEM parts. It's probably not even on the radar for 3rd party manufacturers yet.
    03-08-16 03:01 PM
    I ended up contacting Blackberry directly and they graciously sent me a new SIM tray for free. This was, however, after multiple phone calls. There are NO 3rd party replacement parts available.

STV 100-1 AAD250
    pkcable, Belal Hussein and gizmo21 like this.
    03-08-16 03:38 PM
    Here's a link to the US Contact Us page. I realize you may be non US (the name gives it away) BUT the US page does have a selector to get phone numbers from other regions.

Contact BlackBerry - United States
    Belal Hussein and FF22 like this.
    03-08-16 03:46 PM
    I commented in the Eject Pin and the trays this morning in the Verizon thread. Such small parts are easily lost and/or broken. It is tempting to contact BB in advance to have a backup or two in the waiting. When I installed the sd-card, I admit, my messy desk almost ate both tiny, thin items and I lost track of the Tray twice!
    Belal Hussein likes this.
    03-08-16 07:18 PM
    I commented in the Eject Pin and the trays this morning in the Verizon thread. Such small parts are easily lost and/or broken. It is tempting to contact BB in advance to have a backup or two in the waiting. When I installed the sd-card, I admit, my messy desk almost ate both tiny, thin items and I lost track of the Tray twice!
    Clean up your desk!!

FF22 likes this.
    03-08-16 07:20 PM
    I have a couple spare, if anyone wants one PM me their snail mail details.
    03-08-16 07:46 PM
    I have a couple spare, if anyone wants one PM me their snail mail details.
    Wow how would you got that spare?

Posted via the awesome priv
    03-08-16 07:48 PM
    I've had three of the 8 I've ordered go for swims. The ocean (corroded *immediately*), table water, and coffee.

These things are NOT in the slightest water resistant. in particular that speaker grill and keyboard are susceptible.
    Uzi likes this.
    03-08-16 07:52 PM
    Clean up your desk!!

I would never have time for fun or playing Ambassador.
    Uzi likes this.
    03-08-16 08:49 PM
    For OP are you using a cut sim? Just wondering how a sim tray breaks at all unless there is some fitment issue.
    03-08-16 08:52 PM
    For OP are you using a cut sim? Just wondering how a sim tray breaks at all unless there is some fitment issue.
    I don't know how people are breaking them but it seems to be users fault

Posted via Priv
    03-08-16 09:41 PM
    I have not seen the sim card tray but did load an sd-card yesterday. It was like a very small picture frame with very thin framing material. I was not sure how much pressure to apply to get the card in it but initially the card did not seat well. I don't recall if the cross piece (part seen when inserted) is plastic or colored metal. It seemed like it was fragile but I could be wrong.
    03-08-16 10:26 PM
    Agreed that Sim and SD tray very fragile
    03-08-16 10:34 PM
    Nope. An original nano... the tray (head) which sits flush with the phone top is the broken part ....wish I could shoot a photo but can't dare to touch it

03-09-16 12:09 AM
    Nope. An original nano... the tray (head) which sits flush with the phone top is the broken part ....wish I could shoot a photo but can't dare to touch it

PM me an address to send one too and I'll flick you a spare.
    It'll come from Australia but shouldnt take *too* long to get there (assuming you're in the US)
    pkcable likes this.
    03-09-16 12:11 AM
    I don't know how people are breaking them but it seems to be users fault

Posted via Priv
    I've a (child fingers) you can say!

OK it's a user fault. But at least I should be able to source a replacement

03-09-16 12:12 AM
    It'll come from Australia but shouldnt take *too* long to get there (assuming you're in the US)
    Are they some standard part used in other devices? Or did you just come by this exotic tray supply?
    03-09-16 12:26 AM
    Are they some standard part used in other devices? Or did you just come by this exotic tray supply?
    read up mate :-)
    I've had three destroyed Priv's across my table, I obsessively break them down to quick small re-usable parts (which for these is just the tray's) and then bin them.
    shivaji and FF22 like this.
    03-09-16 12:30 AM
    This is so kind )

FF22 likes this.
    03-09-16 06:11 AM
    This is so kind )

This is how we roll at CB!!!!!
    03-09-16 10:31 AM
    Hi....do you still have such a tray or could you tell me how you got it or where you got it? I've lost my Sim card an sd card trays and now I have a WiFi only priv which is not such, a happy state of affairs ! Ian
    06-07-16 12:47 AM
    Not right now unfortunately as I've sent one away to a fellow crackberriest already, though I may have one in the next few days.

PM me your snail mail address, if it does turn up that I have one spare I'll send it right away and let you know!

I do have 2 Micro SD card trays spare if anyone wants them as well :-P

(I get them from users I support destroying their phones, mostly through water damage)
    Uzi likes this.
    06-07-16 01:08 AM
    Not right now unfortunately as I've sent one away to a fellow crackberriest already, though I may have one in the next few days.

PM me your snail mail address, if it does turn up that I have one spare I'll send it right away and let you know!

I do have 2 Micro SD card trays spare if anyone wants them as well :-P

(I get them from users I support destroying their phones, mostly through water damage)
    A fellow crackberry member 'radeon' want to buy broken priv ,he has thread at CB market place
    06-07-16 01:34 AM
36 12