So never owned a PRIV as the Torch was the only Blackberry I ever returned. (Had to have the keyboard always front and center) I do remember going to an AT&T store to play around with a demo and loving the build and design and thinking maybe?? (But at that time I was using my Cobalt Classic and I swore I didn't need any other phone with a PKB that begged me to use it and BB10)

So anyway I am not sure why I pay attention or am aware of devices in movies (Obvious KeyOne's in Yesterday and Harley Quin Bird's of Prey caught my attention the past few months) but I was watching the movie above and there is a scene where Laura Dern and Scarlet Johansen are in Dern's law office. Dern click shuts her Priv after messanging someone and is then talking. You can see the beautiful one lens design then on the back as she discusses the case. Struck me as kind of odd. Why would a studio and or director use that device so recently? I know Blackberry have been popular in legal areas but its not quite a few years removed. Too bad Blackberry could not have waited and put the excellent 820 from '16 devices in the PRIV.
    Last edited by bh7171; 11-23-20 at 03:46 PM.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-23-20 11:12 AM
    So never owned a PRIV as the Torch was the only Blackberry I ever returned. (Had to have the keyboard always front and center) I do remember going to an AT&T store to play around with a demo and loving the build and design and thinking maybe?? (But at that time I was using my Cobalt Classic and I swore I didn't need any other phone with a PKB that begged me to use it and BB10)

So anyway I am not sure why I pay attention or am aware of devices in movies (Obvious KeyOne's in Yesterday and Harley Quin Bird's of Prey caught my attention the past few months) but I was watching the movie above and there is a scene where Laura Dern and Scarlet Johansen are in Dern's law office. Dern click shuts her Priv after messanging someone and is then talking. You can see the beautiful one lens design then on the back as she discusses the case. Struck me as kind of odd. Why would a studio and or director use that device so recently? I know Blackberry have been popular in legal areas but its not quite a few years removed. Too bad Blackberry could not have waited and put the excellent 820 from '16 devices in the PRIV.
    Nice find! My priv just came in the mail today. Going to go get it now and boot it up!
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-24-20 12:29 PM